venthos

DayZ Redux - DayZ purist focused custom DayZ Mod (Formerly DayZ DIAF)

This patch note is pretty awesome. Good fucking job Venthos for releasing this so quickly. Props to you man.

EDIT:

I think you forgot to mention that you removed waypoints :P

Edited by FrankMawn

Alright... and with that. I'm done with the code-fest this week. This was a grind to get some new mechanics out, and I pretty much got almost all of what I set out to do completed. Next week I will probably have a bug-fix only release, but next week is also a company conference for me and I'll be away for at least half the week. So barring any major breakages, 0.2.0 should be for a week or so.

I will be playing on the sever all night, because I literally haven't had a chance to play DayZ since Monday as a result of working on this. Come on and join me/kill me ;D

Stay tuned. My 'unload patient' fix screwed the ability to refuel cars I think. So, 0.2.1 is now out.

If you already have 0.2.0, just download this one small zip and overwrite the dayz_code files in your @DayZRedux/Addons with what's inside.

http://www.dayzredux.com/download/DayZRedux-0.2.0_0.2.1-hotfix.zip

Otherwise the full 0.2.1 is:

http://www.dayzredux.com/download/DayZRedux-0.2.1.zip

Thoughts on adding a single barracks at NEAF? As higher grade guns have been removed, and as you said, farming loot is now less desirable, we could loot the NWAF, and getting nothing good spawned because someone recently looted it, we could hop in our vehicle or run to NEAF for another barracks loot? It would also make the NEAF a much more desirable place to go? Its 1 small military spawn worse than Balota airfield!

Snipers dont spawn there, and it could greatly spread out the concentration of players away from the NWAF for gun hunting (Upgrading the Lee Enfield for example).

EDIT:

Thoughts on increasing the number of military zombie spawns at helis? I believe its 8 which is a full chopper... But its no challenge. So its a line of authenticity

Edited by LHShift

Looks like in spite of not increasing the per-player zombie count, the changes still are threatening some desync issues. Going to be observing as I play tonight and see what changes might be best to alleviate the issue.

EDIT: It seems most likely that the zombie mechanic is at fault for the sporadic desyncing instead of the loot mechanic. I want to see how it goes tomorrow morning, but in all likelihood I will be tuning things back a bit with a release of 0.2.2 tomorrow afternoon.

Also, BSB folks, shame on you for trying to blow up our shiny new vehicle on our way to Starry with you UH-1H :P Did you like my sexy evasive maneuvers? :D

Edited by Venthos

Thoughts on adding a single barracks at NEAF? As higher grade guns have been removed, and as you said, farming loot is now less desirable, we could loot the NWAF, and getting nothing good spawned because someone recently looted it, we could hop in our vehicle or run to NEAF for another barracks loot? It would also make the NEAF a much more desirable place to go? Its 1 small military spawn worse than Balota airfield!

Snipers dont spawn there, and it could greatly spread out the concentration of players away from the NWAF for gun hunting (Upgrading the Lee Enfield for example).

EDIT:

Thoughts on increasing the number of military zombie spawns at helis? I believe its 8 which is a full chopper... But its no challenge. So its a line of authenticity

Toying with adding new buildings is on the list of things to do. They're just going to be a pain in the as to add in properly, as I don't believe I can just use a nice editor to drop them in. It's going to involve me placing my character at a location I think is suitable, designating that loc as a new building, restarting the server, and hoping it came out properly. If not, fine tuning the X Y Z and heading of the building through consequent restarts. If anyone more experienced with ARMA2 map editing has further advice, I'd love to hear it :)

But, I wouldn't go crazy adding super markets and fire stations everywhere. It would more so be to round out the towns that have very little enterable buildings such that they are at least a reasonable destination (or spawn location in the event of Kamenka). A single barracks at NEAF sounds worthy for sure. There's also some "towns" on the map that I'm pretty sure have virtually no enterable buildings (near the north and n/w edges of the map).

Have you found a heli crash yet in path 0.2.1? You should see what happens there if you try and clear the zombies out.

Since I'm going to relax this week for 'new features', I'll try and work on getting the site up for tracking work I plan to do so people can vote

If you place a tank trap, you can turn it into another building by editing the object itself to a barracks.

Yeah that's the same concept though. That tank trap will be the center of the building, and they resulting building may not be lined up with the road, or it may be too far back/left/forward/right. It'll take some tweaking and a server restart every time.

What I'll probably do is create myself an in-game tool that allows me to more easily place and replace buildings. That'll take some time, but allow me to setup buildings much easier.

If that tool works the way you imply it does and the way I hope it does, you may have just inadvertently chosen the next 'feature' patch for DayZ Redux.

Also, BSB folks, shame on you for trying to blow up our shiny new vehicle on our way to Starry with you UH-1H :P Did you like my sexy evasive maneuvers? :D

Haha that was you? woops :P, 1 door gunner went afk of all the people to do so, and the other could barely see you we did think he got you a few times though but nice driving :)

We did get shot at later at Krasnostav suffered 1 casualty again the door gunner afk, serves him right if was awake he could have shot the guy standing in the field, did also have a crash landing as server suddenly went pitch black and we couldn't see a thing, was trying to land in what looked liked an empty field then chopper went nuts but managed to drop it to the ground quickly.

Yeah I think the moon status suddenly changing is an unintended side effect of the "Time Synchronization" feature that I *think* is a feature exclusive to private hives like the one I based this off of (Bliss). I think when it time syncs that arma just randomizes the characteristics of the moon/weather/etc. I'll have to look into that. I'd rather have time drift by some minutes rather than have a full moon appear/disappear suddenly.

It's either very late for me...

Can't find anything about the new gun icon.

What does it do?

EDIT: Derp, nvm. Figured what it is.

EDIT: Alright, combat status icon.

Could it not be made so it gradually fades away to green or something?

EDIT:

See deer stand

Two zambies

Go up deer stand

RAWRGRUNTMOAN

the hell?

Look around, 40-ish zombies

Wat?

Edited by Axelord FTW

Is there any possibilities with your project to somehow incorporate better sounding everything in the mod (I personally use a mix of JSRS and RWS sound mods for my private hive) and possibly better smoke/smoke grenade effects similar to those in the blastcore visual mod?

Adding more enterable buildings e.g supermarkets in useless towns and a barracks at the NEAF is an amazing idea, looking forward to what will come from this.

P.S Also, Wormloaf, if you're following this thread at all, that was fucking intense yesterday night. Was all up in the north with a PBX when I suddenly see 2 people driving in a green car (probably to stash it somewhere). You didn't see me so I fired my m4 holo at your car, your car wasn't very fast offroad so one of you went out and hid in the trees while the other kept driving on. I got a little bit scared because I didn't have a visual on the guy that ran out (you, Wormloaf). Ran away and came up all the way from the other side. (Ran south, came back from the north). My PBX was still there so I decided to book to my PBX but while running I noticed you lying down under a tree overwatching that PBX. I went to the ground instantly and I didn't know if you had seen me or not. I lied down there like 10 meters away from you in the grass for around 3 minutes. I saw you moving backwards going out of my line of sight so I fired a few shots to scare you off and maybe have you run away. After my 3rd shot I saw blood coming out of the tree (I had switched to my FAL by then). I knew I hit you once so I stood up and gave you another shot even though I didn't see you. Ran up to your body because I knew your friend was still out there somewhere. Thanks for the NVG's, rangefinders and GPS though, could use that very well. But that was really intense man, lying down 10-20 meters next to someone else you don't know.

Edited by remkoe

Yep following this thread and yes it was intence, i saw u running in front of me and was about to shoot u down , but then u threw yourself to the ground, and i was waiting for u to get back up :)

U were pretty lucky aswell as u were running back to the pbx... my friend was aiming at u with m24 but he had just sprinted so he couldnt focus the aim and u got away :)

Wormloaf

Hi Wormloaf! Just blew you to pieces at the airfield. Was even recording but the video is messed up. You guys should have talked to me. I wouldn't have attacked. Could've shot your friend before I was talking to him but didn't. Well, your friend took revenge. Knew there was another dude and almost got him too. The third guy was a surprise though. ^^

The second video was ok though. Here the finale:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxyJA5N2N5I

Edited by tommes

I get constantly kicked it doesn't specify a reason... I am from Europe btw how to fix it?

Are you sure you installed everything as instructed? Better do it again and do exactly as it says!

Check if the path in the shortcut points to the Betapatch-Executable and not to the regular arma2oa.exe!

So I am having a bit of trouble getting this working.

I realised the server requires the 1.62 patch and I had 1.59.

So I download the 1.60 patch and install. I download the 1.62 patch and installed that too.

However, now when I open my Arma 2 DIAF shortcut and go to find the server in multiplayer options it's telling me that I need 1.62.97448 to play! I hit escape and find that my version is 1.62.95248. So I download 1.62.97448 and install. Installation is fine, but when I launch Arma 2 my version still says it is 1.62.95248.

Any ideas?

I should also note that DayZ Commander lists my version number as 97448, up to date, and I have no issues joining any other servers.

Edited by chrisTHEbeck

Get DayZ-Commander. It will check your patch status and update by simple clicking. Great tool!

Get DayZ-Commander. It will check your patch status and update by simple clicking. Great tool!

I have it, and it says my version is the most up to date. However, when I open ArmA 2 through the desktop shortcut the version number displayed in the bottom right of the home screen is 1.62.95248 and not usable on the DayZ DIAF server.

Hi Wormloaf! Just blew you to pieces at the airfield. Was even recording but the video is messed up. You guys should have talked to me. I wouldn't have attacked. Could've shot your friend before I was talking to him but didn't. Well, your friend took revenge. Knew there was another dude and almost got him too. The third guy was a surprise though. ^^

The second video was ok though. Here the finale:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxyJA5N2N5I

What happened with the first recording?

What happened with the first recording?

Bandicam recorded like one frame every 10 seconds or so. Happens to me pretty regularly with the first recording. :(