ryahn

SurviveDayZ Mod - More Difficult & Extensive DayZ | v1.2

SNOW MAP (THIRSK) IS NOW UP AND READY TO PLAY!

i fixed most of the lag in 1.06b and also more in the snow map

I signed up for a whitelist :)

Wanna see what all the fuzz is about haha.

Look very very promising tbh.

Not that fun. Pretty small map.The snow gets old. Your chernarus MOD server was awesome!

It's still a change of pace. Also, please make zombies react to gunshots more. That's a game changer for me

It's still a change of pace. Also, please make zombies react to gunshots more. That's a game changer for me

Thanks for the feedback. I will be sure to let the coder know to see if he can work his magic

wondering why the pin got removed from this and the other "special" mod :)

Both ours and DIAF got removed

Both ours and DIAF got removed

My point mate, just wrote it more "exotic" haha

But im just wondering what the official reason is really.

Thanks for the feedback. I will be sure to let the coder know to see if he can work his magic

awesome, that'd be great. The idea that should be active should be "if a person can hear it, zombies should too". Hell, the zombies are supposed to have "enhanced hearing".

You and all other Day Z players should know that you could shoot a makarov all day in the middle of Chernogorsk and only aggro maybe 1-2 zombies at a time. And if you've ever heard a 9mm get shot, its decently loud. One time I got bored and just started shooting zombies in the middle of the NWAF airstrip with an M4, and literally only ONE zombie in the vicinity of 50 meters or so seemed to aggro at a time. What?

So basically, if players can hear it, zombies should too. If something even close to this becomes a reality, you got yourself a full-time player :D

Dont know why it was unpinned

Hey - you are doing great - some of these changes are demanded a lot since months by the community - especially the NVG/L85 and bad ass snipers removal. One question - I didn't see that you have resolved a problem you should be able to - items duping?

What about auto-saving tents/vehicles each time server stops/starts or restarts? Would be enough to make sure that players do not have infinite supply of whatever they have saved in a tent?

Hey - you are doing great - some of these changes are demanded a lot since months by the community - especially the NVG/L85 and bad ass snipers removal. One question - I didn't see that you have resolved a problem you should be able to - items duping?

What about auto-saving tents/vehicles each time server stops/starts or restarts? Would be enough to make sure that players do not have infinite supply of whatever they have saved in a tent?

They have adressed all the duping methods (that I'm at least aware of), and being a private hive stops the aforementioned issues due to hive updating speeds in any case. No more duping your inventory, no more duping your tents, and they claim to have fixed other dupes like using zeds or backpacks though I never bothered finding out how that stuff works personally so I can only assume. Hard to find weapons are just that, hard to find. At this stage, none of the above duping has occured (though I haven't been able to get in the last couple of days which Rhyan is kind enough to sort out for me).

Check it out. Only one of their servers are running the survivedayz mod from my understanding, but it's a welcome relief knowing the OP weapons/items are out.

Edited by PrAyTeLLa

Merc, Im sorry to say this but for the next few days Thrisk Island Will be down for maintenance as i stuffed up a few objects..

Guys and Girls we now have a 50 Slot UK server running the mod and we are in the process of getting a AUS server up and running also guys V1.1 is coming soon... but its a secret

I played for a decent amount of time and only two things showed that didn't really float my boat: there is slightly too many zombies; once again it's back to CrawlZ. One barn looked like a full shopping mall. A small decrease in the amount of zombies would be for the best, in my opinion. The second thing would be, is there a problem with the hive? I logged out for a few minutes and came back where I was 30-40 minutes ago. Lot of progress lost...other than that, it was fun and exciting :)

Edited by Powell

I played for a decent amount of time and only two things showed that didn't really float my boat: there is slightly too many zombie; once again it's back to CrawlZ. A small decrease in the amount of zombies would be for the best, in my opinion. The second thing would be, is there a problem with the hive? I logged out for a few minutes and came back where I was 30-40 minutes ago. Lot of progress lost...other than that, it was fun and exciting :)

Lack of server restarts seem to bog down the hive some. When it was restarted earlier it had this same problem with others.

Can't wait for v1.1

I played for a decent amount of time and only two things showed that didn't really float my boat: there is slightly too many zombies; once again it's back to CrawlZ. One barn looked like a full shopping mall. A small decrease in the amount of zombies would be for the best, in my opinion. :)

I agree - I played last night and this morning and the amount of zombies is huge. Deer stand - I guess that the intended with SDZ amount of zombies there is 15 but they can't spawn at once. They spawn 5-6 at a time and they remain stuck under the stand. Well I said - cool - I'll shoot them. Shot two spawns and realized that there is no point (ammo) to proceed with the 3rd spawn - also bugged under the stand. I had to kite them around, etc.

In a small villages it is nearly impossible to reach buildings without being chased badly although you crawl/roll all the time from the outskirts of the place in. There is no point to go to a small places anymore - better head to the big cities and visit the shops - the boxes which spawn there are awesome.

I would suggest 30% further zombies headcount cut - would be a good balance.

Otherwise - congratulations and commends for the team - really GREAT job. They have resolved almost all issue I had with original DayZ game I am hooked with now.

I agree - I played last night and this morning and the amount of zombies is huge. Deer stand - I guess that the intended with SDZ amount of zombies there is 15 but they can't spawn at once. They spawn 5-6 at a time and they remain stuck under the stand. Well I said - cool - I'll shoot them. Shot two spawns and realized that there is no point (ammo) to proceed with the 3rd spawn - also bugged under the stand. I had to kite them around, etc.

In a small villages it is nearly impossible to reach buildings without being chased badly although you crawl/roll all the time from the outskirts of the place in. There is no point to go to a small places anymore - better head to the big cities and visit the shops - the boxes which spawn there are awesome.

I would suggest 30% further zombies headcount cut - would be a good balance.

Otherwise - congratulations and commends for the team - really GREAT job. They have resolved almost all issue I had with original DayZ game I am hooked with now.

30% seems a bit too radical, I was thinking maybe 10%. One step at a time man