ryahn

SurviveDayZ Mod - More Difficult & Extensive DayZ | v1.2

ill do something about the zombies for v1.1 but for now im getting this construction system ready as it is now fully functioning

I wouldn't mind the zombie numbers as they are now if they ran much slower or had detection dubbed way down. Combined with a lower timer between their death and more spawning. Those ideas might make the high numbers very tolerable.

yeah i know what you mean and im testing alot of things.

also everyone V1.0 to 1.06b was just me seeing what i was capable of, and now i know. V1.1 is when it goes into the "beginning" of the real mod. which includes a hive wipe.

also another hint: i replaced the bugged c130 crashes with F35b jet crashes

Somebody please post in the OP if this game is playable for the general public as of right now, where to download it (without signing up for a forum I will never ever visit again), and what servers are running this mod.

Make it nice and clear at the beginning of the post!

Somebody please post in the OP if this game is playable for the general public as of right now, where to download it (without signing up for a forum I will never ever visit again), and what servers are running this mod.

Make it nice and clear at the beginning of the post!

Its clear that the mod isn't fully public as you have to sign up at the forums to get it. Also the server that is only running the mod are clearly marked but only seen if you have the mod installed.

On the forum note, what issue did you have?

Its clear that the mod isn't fully public as you have to sign up at the forums to get it. Also the server that is only running the mod are clearly marked but only seen if you have the mod installed.

On the forum note, what issue did you have?

I just didnt feel like signing up for the forum when I wasnt sure that I could actually play the mod yet.

I just didnt feel like signing up for the forum when I wasnt sure that I could actually play the mod yet.

Fair enough. We only have 2 servers that run the mod. US server and UK server. Signing up on the forums is meant to keep it private and even if someone was to release the files, they are updated about once a week.

i just installed this mod going to try it out when i get home, i was wondering if you have any gameplay footage of the building base elements?

Regarding zombies, I see two things that would be awesome and working solutions:

1. Keep zombie count as is, but slow then down slightly. This way, you can find a hiding place to avoid some zombies rather than getting an amazing zombie train of doom that is current. Granted, this can be very fun if you're loaded, but with military ammo being now rare, even at a deerstand you can be screwed.

2. Simply reduce zombie count. Personally, I prefer the former; I don't think anyone has done DayZ with slower zombies yet and it'd be just an awesome change of pace again. It'd attract a larger playerbase, as a large group of people really like slow(ish) zombies (myself included). Well anyways, back to playing my fav zombie game :)

Edited by Powell

Whatever speed the zombies are set to should be the speed they can move indoors and outdoors.

i just installed this mod going to try it out when i get home, i was wondering if you have any gameplay footage of the building base elements?

The construction system is not yet in place as its still being coded. Once its coded up, I am sure I can get some players who have footage of it.

Regarding zombies, I see two things that would be awesome and working solutions:

1. Keep zombie count as is, but slow then down slightly. This way, you can find a hiding place to avoid some zombies rather than getting an amazing zombie train of doom that is current. Granted, this can be very fun if you're loaded, but with military ammo being now rare, even at a deerstand you can be screwed.

2. Simply reduce zombie count. Personally, I prefer the former; I don't think anyone has done DayZ with slower zombies yet and it'd be just an awesome change of pace again. It'd attract a larger playerbase, as a large group of people really like slow(ish) zombies (myself included). Well anyways, back to playing my fav zombie game :)

I like both, will talk to the other admins

Hey Stapo, could you give us a bit of a rundown as to how the construction aspect works? Its sounds like a great addition!

Hey Stapo, could you give us a bit of a rundown as to how the construction aspect works? Its sounds like a great addition!

ill do my best to explain it...

You need to find parts to build items/objects such as woodpiles,sandbags etc...

(i will make a list of constructable items with the respective parts required soon.)

once you have all the parts to build an item and they are all in your inventory it becomes as simple as right clicking on a part and a drop down menu will appear with all the things that part can build, you then click the item you wish to construct (providing you have the parts ofcourse) and it will become an item in your inventory which takes up as many slot as all the parts combined, you can then right click on the new constructed item and then click "Build <ItemName>" then it will build it. and the consructed item once placed can be removed by the use of a toolbox (which are now very very rare).

also if you have not placed the constructed item and its still in your inventory you have the ability to right click on it and click "Deconstruct" which will replace the item with the parts needed to build it.

Hope that helps :D

Edited by Stapo
  • Like 2

Just as a heads up, we may be able to add the ability to turn almost any weapon into a silenced weapon with the construction system. As of right now, snipers will not be silenced but a majority of others will be. We are currently unsure of how we may make it possible. By this we mean either constructing them or finding it as a loot.

Hey Stapo - again - thank you for the great work. I enjoy this mod for 3 days now.

One question: Is there a link I can see the damage/range of the newly added weapons? Have you changed ArmA defaults although I couldn't find them either? :)

Fair enough. We only have 2 servers that run the mod. US server and UK server. Signing up on the forums is meant to keep it private and even if someone was to release the files, they are updated about once a week.

OMG, the UK server is up?! *fangirl squeal*

OMG, the UK server is up?! *fangirl squeal*

Yep

ill do my best to explain it...

You need to find parts to build items/objects such as woodpiles,sandbags etc...

(i will make a list of constructable items with the respective parts required soon.)

once you have all the parts to build an item and they are all in your inventory it becomes as simple as right clicking on a part and a drop down menu will appear with all the things that part can build, you then click the item you wish to construct (providing you have the parts ofcourse) and it will become an item in your inventory which takes up as many slot as all the parts combined, you can then right click on the new constructed item and then click "Build <ItemName>" then it will build it. and the consructed item once placed can be removed by the use of a toolbox (which are now very very rare).

also if you have not placed the constructed item and its still in your inventory you have the ability to right click on it and click "Deconstruct" which will replace the item with the parts needed to build it.

Hope that helps :D

Wow...just...wow :D thanks for taking the time to explain it!

No Problem, ive just got to finish getting the rest of my list of constructable items done then it MIGHT be ready for release

Wow, the difference that playing this mod on 17 ping instead of 150 is ridiculous... xD

Wow, the difference that playing this mod on 17 ping instead of 150 is ridiculous... xD

Haha , go to see you like it but once again ill say it

V1.0 to 1.06b were merely a test of my ability's. V1.1 is the "Real" release in my opinion

Hey Stapo - again - thank you for the great work. I enjoy this mod for 3 days now.

One question: Is there a link I can see the damage/range of the newly added weapons? Have you changed ArmA defaults although I couldn't find them either? :)

they are what arma set them to, but also take in mind that arma's damage systems works through the bullet not the gun.

e.g.

Ak-74 using 30rd. Ak Mags = 2500

RPG using PG7V = 6554851 or something like that

BUT

RPG using *30rd Ak Mags = 2500

Hope this helps :D

What's new in 1.1? Or is it a surprise? xD

The biker clothing looks badass BTW. I found some in the US server before but it was showing as the rocker clothing and I didn't realise, lol.

Is there anything you can do to improve performance in Cherno/Elektro? I spawned in Cherno with 10 FPS, lol. Fine on the rest of the map (high/very high settings) even with Fraps running though.