ryahn

SurviveDayZ Mod - More Difficult & Extensive DayZ | v1.2

Moonless nights are dark you say?

geeiwonderwhy.jpg

The streetlights (and chemlights) are more than enough for night time at any moon phase.

No, its to the point it is pitch black to where you can not see your own character in 3rd person view. That is basically not playable.

Sure streetlights work but only where there are streetlights. If every road had street lights on it, might be different but they dont.

No, its to the point it is pitch black to where you can not see your own character in 3rd person view. That is basically not playable.

Sure streetlights work but only where there are streetlights. If every road had street lights on it, might be different but they dont.

We have plans to add some street lights to the main road and a couple other small towns. I will talk to the coder to see if this can be corrected

I've played on this mod/server for most of today and I'll offer my initial review based on what I have seen, and the players I have encountered (in game player name - Flangehammer):

The Mod Installation

Compared to other similar mods on private hives, Survive DayZ is very easy to install. Note to other devs..include a premade shortcut file. It makes life SO much easier than fiddling around with the Arma II launcher etc

Server access

I had to use remote connection via the server IP address, but other than that, I had no problems accessing the server or getting into the actual game

Server stability and lag

I did encounter a fair amount of desync and perhaps some lag, but not to the levels that I would say detracted from playability.

Zombies

Im loving the increased amount of zombie spawns. This has put back the "fear" of entering towns, even at night. Although I class myself as a DayZ veteran, I find myself once again crawling a lot. It's a refreshing change, however if you're used to running everywhere and dodging zombies, you may initially find this tedious. It's still fun though :)

Night time gameplay

The lack of NV and NV weapons (and thermal) means everyone is on a level peg. This is great. Now I can be confident that if I cant even see myself, then Im pretty much hidden. The limited street lighting and ambient building lights mean I can either use it to see more, or risk being seen. Its an extra tactical choice to make.

Weapons

Removing the L85, M107 and AS50 might make some people rage, but I think this was a good move. Ghillie suits now actually have worth, and your vehicle at least stands a fighting chance of making that all important escape.

Loot

This is my only major concern at this stage, I have heard people on the server complain that places are frequently bare, and indeed, I have also had this experience. It seems to be pretty random atm. However, I think the devs need to look into this and make the respawn times more consistent. New players joining will probably quit if they spend 10 - 20 minutes going through Cherno or Elektro and finding pretty much nothing.

Additional Player skins

Just yes :)

Server admins / devs / home players.

Everyone I have spoken to in game that is involved in making or upkeeping this mod has been great. They all play fair, actively manage the server and take the time to talk to you if you have a question.

There are probably quite a few things I havent tried out yet, and the planned future content if done well, could make this an awesome mod-of-a-mod.

Overall verdict: 8/10

Edited by Counterfeit79
  • Like 1

Loot

This is my only major concern at this stage, I have heard people on the server complain that places are frequently bare, and indeed, I have also had this experience. It seems to be pretty random atm. However, I think the devs need to look into this and make the respawn times more consistent. New players joining will probably quit if they spend 10 - 20 minutes going through Cherno or Elektro and finding pretty much nothing.

This is what im currently working my hardest to fix. i am trying many different ways of loot spawing but once the server fills, all loot just goes beserk. strange thing though is that i seem to be having little to no trouble with loot which is what makes it hard for me to fix something that i cant see broken

im playing on this server, very fun.... loot is an issue, i dunno if its only if u are on ur own that it doesnt spawn but it definetly is an issue

im playing on this server, very fun.... loot is an issue, i dunno if its only if u are on ur own that it doesnt spawn but it definetly is an issue

Industrial loot seems to spawn fine. Supermarkets and Firestations however were where I came across long waits for loot. On one occasion, I went into the Cherno supermarket and it was 100% empty apart from a dead player body in the back, which I did not hide. I left and spent the next 5 minutes checking the industrial sector before returning and when I did, the only item in the supermarket was a tent. This leads me to believe that nobody had visited it apart from me, because tents are sought after.

Again, with the Cherno firestation during the same visit, the tower was empty and there was basically only crap on the ground floor.

The 2 occasions I made it to Zelen, the supermarket there had spawned, but was relatively empty.

Edited by Counterfeit79

Industrial loot seems to spawn fine. Supermarkets and Firestations however were where I came across long waits for loot. On one occasion, I went into the Cherno supermarket and it was 100% empty apart from a dead player body in the back, which I did not hide. I left and spent the next 5 minutes checking the industrial sector before returning and when I did, the only item in the supermarket was a tent. This leads me to believe that nobody had visited it apart from me, because tents are sought after.

Again, with the Cherno firestation during the same visit, the tower was empty and there was basically only crap on the ground floor.

The 2 occasions I made it to Zelen, the supermarket there had spawned, but was relatively empty.

Thanks for the feedback. We will definitely look into the spawn rates more to see why its taking so long

New changes

V1.06 Beta

+++++NEW SKINS AND CHANGES+++++

[NEW] Added Terrorist Skin (C130J Crash ONLY)

[FIX] Fixed Biker Skin Showing As Rocker Skin

+++++ZOMBIE CHANGES+++++

[CHANGE] Zombie Spawns Have Been Changed Around Abit to hopefully fix loot

(Was Only a Issue in Main Cities (Cherno/Elektro)

+++++OTHER CHANGES+++++

[CHANGE] Tent Storage Increased (100 Items, 10 Weapons, 5 Backpacks)

Edited by Ryahn

[NEW] Added Terrorist Skin (C130J Crash ONLY)

Any chance of allowing us to fire our AKs up into the air randomly while wearing this skin? :D

Edited by Counterfeit79

We have plans to add some street lights to the main road and a couple other small towns. I will talk to the coder to see if this can be corrected

Nice.

Its a shame the game itself gets this dark.

As for the loot spawns, i noticed the server is only a 20 slot and that fills fast. Have you experimented with a 30-40 slot server yet?

Edited by Del

On the topic of loot. During my couple hours of playing yesterday:

Loot was a bit more scarce than usual. Started in Kamenka so not much loot there normally. Went through a bunch of the industrial buildings and they had a few vehicle parts and that was about it. Seems normal, anything else was probably taken by another player.

Balota airfield was pretty scarce as well, only found an assault pack in the tower, hangers were empty.

Military camp near Balota was decent, found an AK and some random ammo for various guns.

Cherno supermarket was bare besides a body in the back room.

Firestation was also empty.

Pubs mostly had loot.

Hospitals didn't have medical box out back (may be intended as there was boxes inside)

Military tents, one had loot and the other didn't have anything.

Apartments small one near hospital had loot. Three large ones had absolutely nothing. Other small one had just a tent.

I do like the slightly harder difficulty. Having to find my first backpack made it a bit more rewarding. More zombies around made me more cautious when going into town (playing like I did when I first played). Knowing that I have much less chance of being sniped in Cherno while trying to gear up was nice, could focus on watching my surroundings for zombies and other people instead of just running cause stopping anywhere was instant death. Night was real dark, but giving a player blue chemlights isn't bad as they have a pretty short visible range from what I could see. Didn't get to play around with many of the other features like vehicles loaded into other vehicles which sounds pretty cool.

EDIT: Forgot about the new skins. Found a suit which made my character look pretty damn sharp. Also the fact that ghillies and camo aren't really residential spawns anymore make more sense. Most people wouldn't have such clothing in their homes but suits and other clothes would be there.

Edited by ALiborio

Tonight or tomorrow the night cycle should be fixed and have moon light. It will still be dark as usual but it wont be as dark.

Also VIP and Staff will getting their skins here soon. We have a nice skin for the staff for now just for shits and giggles. So you all should get a kick out of it

Any chance of allowing us to fire our AKs up into the air randomly while wearing this skin? :D

Maybe

Edited by Ryahn

NVG are removed to make the game more like a real zombie survival game. The chinooks will be added once we get the vehicle spawns added.

We will be adding this

You will be adding.....O.O How do I join your server!!!

V 1.06 mini review

Server stability

I am frequently (6+ times now) being kicked for some Battleye vehicle restriction #1 or #2 thing

Zombies

No apparent change

Loot

Still problems with Supermarkets. Zelen, Pustoshka and Vybor all being pretty much empty apart from the occasional tent or crap

Skins

Far too many biker skins in industrial buildings. I often came across 2 at a time and on one occasion, there were 3 biker skins in one hut

Surprises

Loot stashed in a damaged vehicle was not saved due to overwhelming zombies around it ( I had to run). The server went down and when back up, my gear was still in it :)

Edited by Counterfeit79

Server stability

I am frequently (6+ times now) being kicked for some Battleye vehicle restriction #1 or #2 thing

I will look into what is causing it. I will also let the coder know if there is anything on his end he can do.

Loot

Still problems with Supermarkets. Zelen, Pustoshka and Vybor all being pretty much empty apart from the occasional tent or crap

Has it improved at all? We have been making tweaks to see what is causing it.

Skins

Far too many biker skins in industrial buildings. I often came across 2 at a time and on one occasion, there were 3 biker skins in one hut

Will let the coder know to reduce the spawn rate.

Surprises

Loot stashed in a damaged vehicle was not saved due to overwhelming zombies around it ( I had to run). The server went down and when back up, my gear was still in it :)

Good to hear

Removing everything but the kitchen sink makes the game harder... interesting logic. Not interested in a balanced Dayz if I wanted a balanced fps I'd be playing cod/bf3. Interesting that you think nvgs are not suitable for a zombie apocalypse but chinooks are...again awesome logic.

I'll stick with the real dayz that doesnt pander to n00bs whining about getting killed by guns which you clearly have.

Removing everything but the kitchen sink makes the game harder... interesting logic. Not interested in a balanced Dayz if I wanted a balanced fps I'd be playing cod/bf3. Interesting that you think nvgs are not suitable for a zombie apocalypse but chinooks are...again awesome logic.

I'll stick with the real dayz that doesnt pander to n00bs whining about getting killed by guns which you clearly have.

You clearly havent given this mod a chance. Your attitude stinks and I for one am glad you wont be playing this version of DayZ. Now kindly f*&k off and take your childish mentality back to your mother.

Im Releasing the Thirsk Snow Map For The SurviveDayZ Mod Within 24Hours (Credits to Mamu1234 From Tunngle For His Help)

Here are some screens...

ND4xh.png

95BiC.jpg

O3qMc.jpg

0l2jc.jpg

TGgqw.jpg

JwrUg.jpg

LPLwS.jpg

w8jJy.jpg

Edited by Stapo
  • Like 3

That looks awesome

• Like 1

You obviously didnt read through everything on why chinooks were are added. But thank you for making the right decision to not ruin our mod with your attitude

Oh so vilayer found a new way to make money. /Dislike

We are not part of Vilayer and nor do they have our code

The forums are faster now. Also we are added snow gear here soon.