wireworld

RIP GB Wireworld Vanilla DayZ Server - It was a lot of fun!

Hey Mac, I have to ask, what's the reason for not using death messages?

Hey Mac, I have to ask, what's the reason for not using death messages?

Hey there tripl_B! I'm not Mac, but if I were going to take a stab at Mac's response, I would say he's removed death messages to support a truer "simulation". In a real gun fight, if I'm battling it out with someone at 300m, I'm not going to be sure if he's dead or not. With death messages, it provides unrealistic information. If I know I've killed you, i can move on to my next target or action. Without them, it is more realistic. Not to mention all of the other folks on the server now knows who died and who will be spawning on the coast.

I've seen your name on the server. Look forward to playing with you. Cheers buddy.

• Like 1

Lack of information to join your whitelist and forcing players to join your server before applying to get e-mail information has caused me to ignore this server. I hope in the future you change your idea to make applying for this whitelist an easier process.

Hey there tripl_B! I'm not Mac, but if I were going to take a stab at Mac's response, I would say he's removed death messages to support a truer "simulation". In a real gun fight, if I'm battling it out with someone at 300m, I'm not going to be sure if he's dead or not. With death messages, it provides unrealistic information. If I know I've killed you, i can move on to my next target or action. Without them, it is more realistic. Not to mention all of the other folks on the server now knows who died and who will be spawning on the coast.

I've seen your name on the server. Look forward to playing with you. Cheers buddy.

Exactly that - what he said! Beans for Truedat :beans: :beans: :beans:

Edited by wireworld

Lack of information to join your whitelist and forcing players to join your server before applying to get e-mail information has caused me to ignore this server. I hope in the future you change your idea to make applying for this whitelist an easier process.

It is easy! Join, get kicked and send 1 emal to me. You sound like you need some beans my friend! :beans: :beans: :beans:

Kind regards

Mac

Have a good Xmas. Here's some special festive (and somewhat X-rated) beans for you, Mac!

post-82722-0-92327400-1356357935_thumb.j

PS:

Lol. Usually that's a quiet spot. I've had vehicles last a week or two there. I wonder what you were doing... maybe you've got a tent nearby? I'll have to investigate! The van 'came back to me' yesterday morning still full of guns, after circulating through several players! I just dumped it by the side of the road again when I ran out of fuel. As you said, easy come, easy go (except range finders, ghillies, DMRs and choppers)!

That forest west/NW from where you parked usually get its share of folks pitching tents and parking cars and this is why I was nosing around in the vicinity. Don't know why people still think that forest to be secure. It's quiet but not uniquely secret by any stretch :) It is a regular drop off point on the servers I play before I joined DayZ Wireworld. I guess people will carry their predispositions with them wherever they go and I found stuff and vehicles there, even on Wireworld :)

To be honest, I'm running out of good ideas where to hide vehicles. There's really no more really secret places left on Chernaurus, especially not with that whirly-bird hovering overhead. One of my SimHQ.com guys saw the Huey overfly your 'quiet' spot yesterday, so it's probably not just me snooping around now. I'm more partial to tents to keep hold of the important stuff. Vehicles just get stolen real quick. I left all your stuff in the van because I really don't need any of it. I did repair all the wheels and engine though because the engine was almost red where you parked it. That bright blue bodywork color...Just hard to hide it, even amongst trees.

Be back at Wireworld DayZ this Friday once I get all my work sorted out.

Edited by Cactus

Hi Mac. The TS Channel seems to have been passworded all day today so I couldn't download the update to play. People are on the server but I can't get in. Is the password permanent? If so could you PM it to me? Cheers.

• Like 1

Waiting, I've already sent e-mail. :D

Edited by DopeR
  • Like 1

The TS Channel seems to have been passworded all day today so I couldn't download the update to play

I've no idea who passworded TS or why, or whether it is permanent.

But if you join the lobby, the password is given in the server message. This works even if you have the wrong DayZ version.

If you can't even get into the lobby, try updating your Arma version to the latest beta first.

Hi Mac. The TS Channel seems to have been passworded all day today so I couldn't download the update to play. People are on the server but I can't get in. Is the password permanent? If so could you PM it to me? Cheers.

Password is permanent, PM Sent

Waiting, I've already sent e-mail. :D

Calm down.....

The Germans have been looting all day without anyone to oppose them.

Come on Boyos!

Still Waiting :(

All done :D

wait some moar!

Beans for you! :beans:

I've no idea who passworded TS or why, or whether it is permanent.

But if you join the lobby, the password is given in the server message. This works even if you have the wrong DayZ version.

If you can't even get into the lobby, try updating your Arma version to the latest beta first.

Voice of wisdom - ta Phil

Edited by wireworld

Might be me, but i can not find any Mac. ???

Once you've contacted Mac, you'll know where the server's v175 files are.

I know of a lot of them at GitHub, but which ones to pick ?

R4Z0R49's ?? or ayan4m1 or Pwnoz0r

Which version is used on Wireworld and where the**** is mac?

fccc U know what, i'll setup my own server

Edited by Allie

I know of a lot of them at GitHub, but which ones to pick? R4Z0R49's ?? or ayan4m1 or Pwnoz0r

None of them. They are the source files for the server admins.

The admin compiles the PBO files and distributes them to the players.

If you followed the instructions, then you'd know where to download the Wireworld PBOs.

where the **** is mac?

Running his gaming centre? Spending time with his family?

If you emailed him at the correct address, then you should wait 24 hours for a reply.

fccc U know what, i'll setup my own server

That's a great idea. Good luck.

Edited by Anti
  • Like 2

That's a great idea. Good luck.

Love it! :D

Just got back from our staff post Xmas dinner and have spent an hour whitelisting new aplications! Patience please peeps.....

Edited by wireworld

I'm on holiday from 15th - 23rd Jan so Mr Jack will handle new player applications.

Edited by wireworld

When did the TS server get a password, and more importantly where can I find it?

Thank you.

When did the TS server get a password, and more importantly where can I find it?

Thank you.

Pass is

fuckoffbt.

Mac doesn't like them much.

Edited by Bribase

Hi,

Email sent...hopefully I get a response reasonably quickly to enable me to play over the weekend :)