wireworld

RIP GB Wireworld Vanilla DayZ Server - It was a lot of fun!

Man I just get in today and my first login I got put into the the debug wilderness I think. It said I was spawned by cherno but after passing through one small town the RR tracks I was following just ended and became wide open plains. Now I have no clue how to restart a new character or get out. Also seems the server is down or unresponsive so I can't even try to get out :(

Edited by Antihero84

Man I just get in today and my first login I got put into the the debug wilderness I think. It said I was spawned by cherno but after passing through one small town the RR tracks I was following just ended and became wide open plains. Now I have no clue how to restart a new character or get out. Also seems the server is down or unresponsive so I can't even try to get out :(

I'm merely guessing but the town could very well be Kamenka and if you kept walking the RR tracks a shortways west (coast to your left), you'll end up at the edge of the map. Can you backtrack the way you came and make it to the RR tracks again ?

• Like 1

Just a bump for GB Wireworld.

Completed several sessions now.

Gearing up steadily and stocking up my camp. Server stability excellent. Restart warnings are timely. I do not have to worry anymore if the server wil be there the next day. Tents are saving as they should.

For a solo guy, this is important because getting a small camp up and running is a lot of work. I never had one tent that worked properly until I switched to this private hive.

The community has been excellent. Listening in on TS, most are young chaps in their 20s but friendly and competitive. No one acted like an adolescent idiot and that is a refreshing change after coming from the public server cesspool. And not a damn hacker in sight.

Plenty of action too. I spied a fair amount of people going about their business, especially during peak hours. Just haven't been in a position to engage them but that is a just matter of time.

Glad to see that this is not 'The Shire' and you will be engaged in PvP within the spirit of the game. Won't have it any other way. And it is also to good to talk to these guys over TS and kudos that they will draw the line when it comes to shooting unarmed Bambis at the coast.

Mac drops in frequently to touch base and keep an eye on proceedings.

All in all, an excellent venue and one I will be calling home.

• Like 1

Just a bump for GB Wireworld.

Completed several sessions now.

Gearing up steadily and stocking up my camp. Server stability excellent. Restart warnings are timely. I do not have to worry anymore if the server wil be there the next day. Tents are saving as they should.

For a solo guy, this is important because getting a small camp up and running is a lot of work. I never had one tent that worked properly until I switched to this private hive.

The community has been excellent. Listening in on TS, most are young chaps in their 20s but friendly and competitive. No one acted like an adolescent idiot and that is a refreshing change after coming from the public server cesspool. And not a damn hacker in sight.

Plenty of action too. I spied a fair amount of people going about their business, especially during peak hours. Just haven't been in a position to engage them but that is a just matter of time.

Glad to see that this is not 'The Shire' and you will be engaged in PvP within the spirit of the game. Won't have it any other way. And it is also to good to talk to these guys over TS and kudos that they will draw the line when it comes to shooting unarmed Bambis at the coast.

Mac drops in frequently to touch base and keep an eye on proceedings.

All in all, an excellent venue and one I will be calling home.

Thanks for your kind words, I've just updated the spawn scripts to the latest versions, let me know if any vehicles or tents misbehave - have some beans cactus... :beans: :beans: :beans:

Sounds like you went west from Kamenka.... oops :D Turn around and keep the sea on your right shoulder, you'll be fine!

The server was down for an hour tonight while I updated the spawn scripts... We have a 99% up-time since September 14th

Kind regards

Mac

Hi, email sent :)

Do you have a private forum also?

Louise

No forum, Teamspeak 3 is our home....

Thanks for the add.

No problem, I'll have to get a gaming headset along with a decent keyboard and mouse next Friday, forgot how expensive gaming on the pc was :) I'll set up teamspeak when I get home.

M107s restricted - I take its been removed from loot spawns, but people still have them and are actively using them. I heard someone spamming one @ NWAF - Not sure if this is okay by Admins or not but its pretty sad, a DMR/CZ550 has no chance vs M107 in terms of weapon attributes.

I hear your pain, there are only a couple of them left on the server and they will go when I do the next Community update..

Kind regards

Mac

M107 & AS50's are now gone from the DB, did a massive vehicle spawn script update last night - vehicles now random spawn in different locations as they should.

Also choppers and the AN2 spawn chances have been reduced so less of them on the server

Mac

Tried shooting a cow last night. Zombies weren't happy, they all flooded out of the town and went bezerk. Think it was a sacred zombie cow or something

• Like 1

Server News

Tried shooting a cow last night. Zombies weren't happy, they all flooded out of the town and went bezerk. Think it was a sacred zombie cow or something

LoL - have some beans :beans: :beans: :beans:

Server News:

Restarts are every 8 hours,

Timezone is GMT -5

Side Channel is disabled. Use our 64 slot Teamspeak 3 Server.

All Air Vehicles and Weapon Restrictions have been removed from the server! 100% DayZ Server

Tents no longer removed after death (they stay for 999 days)

Dogs are on the server (alas very buggy)

Kind regards

Mac

Edited by wireworld

Server updated today to the latest Community Hive 1.7.5 - thanks to all the devs for making this happen.

Dogs Dogs Dogs... We have Dogs!

dog.jpg

Walkies anyone? (New Vehicles have been added too)

Kind Regards & Seasons Greetings

Mac

Wireworld Game Studio, Cafe and Bar

Edited by wireworld

How do you have last update of community?

Available on Git Hub...

Server News,

All Air Vehicles and Weapons are now on the server - 100% DayZ

Merry Xmas

Mac

Hey Mac, somthings wrong when im trying to get my dog to follow me....

restriktion 20# ??

Unable to "access" dogs. They just stand there and I can't get any commands for them. Tried with raw meat, cooked meat, without anything. Had to kill a dog for raw meat for another dog, killed that second one also because I couldn't get it working :(

Otherwise. Decent server! Very good games today. Maybe more gaming tomorrow!

• Like 1

Hey Mac, somthings wrong when im trying to get my dog to follow me....

restriktion 20# ??

I did a Battleye update which caused the problem - fixed on last server restart :)

Unable to "access" dogs. They just stand there and I can't get any commands for them. Tried with raw meat, cooked meat, without anything. Had to kill a dog for raw meat for another dog, killed that second one also because I couldn't get it working :(

Otherwise. Decent server! Very good games today. Maybe more gaming tomorrow!

Dogs seem a little bugged TBH. :(

Everyone who plays on the server needs to update your beta to 99806 which is available from here: http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

Kind regards

Mac

Avoid this server and its community!

If you don't go on TS while you are on the server you will get de-whitelisted. if you change your name you will get de-whitelisted. My friends and I even got accused of duping items and or scripting in items which we never did. 1 of my friends combat logged once and about 5 players of the server wouldn't stop harassing him in TS about it, like little kiddies.

We thought we had found a safe haven from hackers when we stumbled upon WireWorld, but instead we was faced with a group of guys whom the admin is sympathetic to. They didn't like the fact that we had a base & 2 out of the 3 available helicopters, and decided to create false facts about the gear in the tents and the truck that was at our camp. We found the truck and drove it up, which looked suspicious to start with but we found it as it was with all the weapons.

So yeah by all means play on this server, but if you rape the core clique expect to get de-whitelisted because they can't take losing a team fight and will cry to the admin.

Carrt, I'm talking to Ieuan via gmail about the de-whitelist for your group. Once I have the info from him I'll investigate all the BE logs and DB Backups too. Then I'll make my decision on the de-whitelist.

Running the server is my hobby, running Wireworld is my very full time job. To be part of the Server Community I insist our our players use the TS3 Server and If players keep changing their names it makes my job as admin twice as hard when it comes to log checking. Maybe I should of made that clear to our players.

If I find nothing weird in the logs or DB backups you and your group will be whitelisted again, (if you want to). Just hold fire while I look into this. I need info on the player who found all that barbed wire fencing in a tent. If you want to help me, or have any info regarding the player I'm looking for just contact me on my gmail account and I'll let you know what I find.

Peace on Earth and Good Will to all.. :)

Merry Xmas

Mac

Edited by wireworld

EDIT: This response was to user 'Carrt', who subsequently deleted his post and changed his name to tsd56ae. That says a lot in itself.

If you don't go on TS while you are on the server you will get de-whitelisted. If you change your name you will get de-whitelisted.

Except that no-one has actually been banned for that though. You're speaking as though this is something that already happens, when in fact Mac only put on a server message suggesting that in 2013, the policy will be changed and players who don't log-in to the TS server may be banned. The entire reason for this is because side-chat is off, and so TS is the best way to create a community on the server. If clans play using their own TS server, or if single players don't use TS, then we never really get to know them or speak to them, and the opportunity for some extra fun, co-op and rivalry is missed. The only accusation you can make is that the server message was too heavy handed, but it's just something Mac is trying out to attempt to improve the DayZ experience. I started out without a mic, and now I wouldn't play without one.

The threat regarding changing your TS name (not your game name, as you suggested) is in response to a few players who thought it was fun to join the TS channel of the group they were playing against and listen to their plans and locations. Usually the group would just create a new channel and password it to get rid of them. But spy from now on and you'll be banned, which is fair enough. I can't understand why you wouldn't agree with that, unless it was you spying?

My friends and I even got accused of duping items and or scripting in items which we never did.

If this is the incident I'm thinking of (the firefight involving a ural, UH 1H, and a couple of tents, up by Olsha), after your group was killed, the opposing players ran to where your bodies fell, and there were two or three M107s just on the ground in a pile. That's what was reported to the admin, because it looked like they had been spawned in during the firefight after you parachuted to the ground. I think that was fair enough, and I think you would report something like that too.

1 of my friends combat logged once and about 5 players of the server wouldn't stop harassing him in TS about it, like little kiddies.

Wrong - little kiddies combat log. Your friend's cowardly behaviour denied us a legitimate kill, wasted 20 minutes of our time, and got one of our team killed. There is nothing wrong with demanding mature, fair behaviour from the players on the server. Combat logging is simply not tolerated.

We thought we had found a safe haven from hackers when we stumbled upon WireWorld

Compared to most other servers it is largely safe from hackers *and* immature behaviour. It's the high standards of play make this server stand-out.

Instead we was faced with a group of guys whom the admin is sympathetic to.

See Mac's post above. He's asked for your help to repeal the allegations, but apparently you have done nothing to toward that. Also, you're confusing 'sympathy' and 'trust'. Mac trusts some of us because he talks to us every night and has seen us play for months. So when we say we think we've seen something strange, of course it's going to carry some weight.

They didn't like the fact that we had a base & 2 out of the 3 available helicopters, and decided to create false facts about the gear in the tents and the truck that was at our camp. We found the truck and drove it up, which looked suspicious to start with but we found it as it was with all the weapons. So yeah by all means play on this server.

Totally wrong. That ural with all the guns had been through at least four players/groups within a week, including myself - I managed to keep it for three days, then another pair had it for two before you found it. No-one cared about it, or cared losing it. Easy come, easy go. No-one even knew that you had both choppers and they probably would have been stolen from you within days anyway, since they usually change hands very rapidy.

but if you rape the core clique expect to get de-whitelisted because they can't take losing a team fight and will cry to the admin

That's not why you were banned though, was it? The reality is that some players saw something suspicious and reported it. That's really the end of the story. If you think Mac has made a mistake and you want back on the server, then try talking to him about it. Your post might actually get us some new players, since all you seem to be complaining about are our high standards and active admin!

Edited by Anti
  • Like 2

As it's Christmas - Vehicle count up to 50!

Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year

Mac

Wireworld Game Studio, cafe and Bar