wireworld

RIP GB Wireworld Vanilla DayZ Server - It was a lot of fun!

Played a lot of game time recently on here and haven't seen a tractor, bicycle and only 1 atv and bus. They've not been reduced at all have they?

edit: also, has the time the sun goes down been altered to later on, used to be around 5:30 - 6 ish it would be practically dark, but i was on yesterday and it hadnt gone at 7 or something, was really really nice. knowing it would go dark at a realistic hour.

And finally whats the situation re: zeds in fields. Is it intended and how do they spawn and what do they do?

anyway, love playing the server so i'll give it another bump. :D

Vehicles are at 42, mike is right, a tractor has spawned. Zd's now spawn anywhere you are and they want to eat your brains too! :D

P.S. new update today, 1.7.6 V3, server time and flares, chemlights have been fixed too.

Ok so today, started playing and passed through the airstrip in krashnostav, contiuned playing and went through novy and stray sobor cleared out the tent's in stary, then went up to the big airfield, and cleared out the airfield, then i logged out, and when i then now log in again, im back at airstrip in krashnostav.. ? this happend to hailhugen also, he logged out in elektro, and when he then logged in again he was in berzino were he had been earlier

Reported to devs and looking into this issue, please mail me when this happens, as above new build today.

i've no infected at the minute, have left and joined the server a couple of times, checked in a few busy zombie aeras and nothing. there are a few piles of loot but nothing new seems to be spawning either - and, its at least a week for me looking and I still can't find any assault rifle without iron's, not once! actually I tell a lie I had m4a1 about 10 days ago and it was nicked out of my tent. Others playing in the server are reporting infected being in their aeras..

Another glitch, new build today, mail me or chat on TS3 with bugs.

Kind regards and beans for bumping :beans: :beans: :beans:

Mac

Reported to devs and looking into this issue, please mail me when this happens, as above new build today.

Kind regards and beans for bumping :beans: :beans: :beans:

Mac

Sure mate, have tried to get a hold of you on TS, but figured you had a lot on your plate still. And thought someone else could have som insight in the matter, also if more people have had the issue i figured they would see that it was already reported if i posted here. But will send mail in the future :)

from todays patch i'm not getting any sounds for eating / drinking / pitching tents

Server has beed reverted to 1.7.5.2 wireworld final build until 1.7.6 medical bugs are fixed. (due by this weekend) Pls re-download to play and thanks for your patience.

Devs are working hard to fix...

Kind regards

Mac

Thanks for the update.We can deal with the minor glitches, just the large refueling/repair/desyncing are the worst ones.

And thanks for your communication to the players in TS, continued updates and hard work.

Het

Cheers for the kind words Het. :beans: :beans: :beans:

in the current build there is a killer bug @ electro docks, if you sprint along them you suddenly are thrown about 20 feet in the air and fall back down and die, I was able to reproduce it as well on a respawn..

marked it here and the direction I was running running, double time..

electro_zps047f0992.jpg

Edited by Calibre

The only times I can log-on recently, it's either getting dark or already too dark to play. I haven't seen a crash site in a week (not that they're much use now anyway), and the few tents/vehicles I've raided only had starter kit in them.

Any tips on how to get NVG?

I have an ATV to swap if anyone has spare NVG.

Edited by Anti

theres definately plenty of operations going on at night though, bound to be a few NVG's somewhere but I don't think i've run into any yet, see plenty of torches and flares and chem lights being used - I haven't seen a crash site in beards either..

Hey Mac,

How come Addon Signatures are disabled on the server? I joined while running some other mods (was playing ACE before and neglected to disable it). The server didn't kick me and let me play. Tested it a few times with different mods to check and the server let me in every time.

Can you enable them please as it's a massive security hole and players can just run whatever mods they want without having to go to the trouble of hacking? (think ESP etc).

I should have twigged when I noticed you guys don't use Addon Signatures for the pbo files in dayz.rar.

You need this, or this.

Cheers.

I had the same electro docks death. I also began to think heli crashes weren't spawning, I hadn't seen one for ages, even with a heli. But I stumbled across one yesterday. So they are there. I like the lack of nvgs, makes something valuble and gives something to wish for.

How come Addon Signatures are disabled on the server? I joined while running some other mods (was playing ACE before and neglected to disable it). The server didn't kick me and let me play. Tested it a few times with different mods to check and the server let me in every time.

I tried just now with a FPS counter mod, and you're right - it worked.

I got shot in the back two days ago from about 10 metres away in a forest in the middle of nowhere with twelve people on the server. I was thinking that it was incredibly unlucky to run past a tree that someone was strangely just sitting in, but now with what you've said I'm wondering whether it was someone using a mod of some sort. That would be sad.

I like the lack of nvgs, makes something valuble and gives something to wish for.

I hate the lack of NVGs and crash sites. When I got killed (see above) the only reason I was traversing in the forest on foot for two hours was to try to find a clan camp to see if they had a spare pair. I even changed my TS name to 'will swap my ATV for NVG'. The reason I need a pair so badly is that I currently only get 30 minutes playing on weekday evenings before I'm forced to log off again due to the dark.

Edited by Anti

was shocked to see captain america was globably banned by BE trying to join the server last night, now maybe that wasn't the Cpt America that always plays on the server, at least I hope it wasn't, but someone else using the same name... also definately had a "strange" death way up north on Saturday night, I have my suspicions it was someone a litttle butt hurt from me killing them shortly before tbh, I won't name name's here, but sent details to mac for investigation..

Calibre and all,

Yes it was me that was globally banned. I'm actually happy that I was caught! I'll fill Mr. Mac and the admins on the details in a bit before i say my goodbyes. I'm currently assuming its the end of the line for me boys. It has been a glorious run on the Wireworld server and I'll miss playing with you all. I have the most hours played on the server and just know that I always played legitimately and demanded that whomever I played with did the same. At least until 2 days ago. All in all, Mr. Mac and crew provided me some amazing gameplay and I have had a lot of fun.

About the hacking, I decided to take matter into my own hands and investigate my suspicions because I've run into some very mysterious/coincidental deaths the past few weeks. I'll relay my findings to Mr. Mac and crew.

And regarding the past 2 days, I only used the hacks to investigate a very small/limited # of people. I didn't kill anyone (except the suspected hacker - which I've confirmed). I hope a ban was imposed on him as well. If not, Mr. Mac will know the details soon.

Nonetheless, you guys take care. Hope Wireworld thrives and becomes the best server out there.

I posted here because I have already told one of the admins that the server is open season and nothing has been done about it.

Then it turns out that someone/people have been abusing the server.

Hacking/misuse of mods is detrimental to everyones experience more than these comments are detrimental to the topic.

Edited by Horde

Always been my goal to optimize the server. Mac will address it. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

The fact is that it is a tough battle and it takes lots of time to fend off hackers. They are always one step ahead and it is simply a matter of taking the time to update the server as quickly as possible and to review logs to confirm foul play. But it takes time....lots of it....something we all have less of these days.

Like I said, I believe everyone on the server is legit, except for a couple of people. I'll report my findings and will be on my way. Mac will adjust so don't sweat it.

When the standalone hits, hopefully a lot of this stuff will be moot.

I hate the lack of NVGs and crash sites. When I got killed (see above) the only reason I was traversing in the forest on foot for two hours was to try to find a clan camp to see if they had a spare pair. I even changed my TS name to 'will swap my ATV for NVG'. The reason I need a pair so badly is that I currently only get 30 minutes playing on weekday evenings before I'm forced to log off again due to the dark.

We all long for NVG's. I've still not found any. It's part of the magic. Good things come to those who wait.

I sympathise with you and when you can play, but changing the server settings to suit the minority isn't plausible.

You'll get them eventually.

me and chopper bumped into a player in the dark lastnight with NVG's so gave him driving duties of the jeep we were in, so much easier with those things on, ended up getting them sorted out with a car and a motor bike by the time we finished up and went our seperate ways, was funny when we rolled into stary and someone was busy farming the tents, being a busy bee, we think mister wightpants, became mista brown pants as he scarpered PDQ when we engaged him - in conversation obviously, not a fire fight..

Mac intends to bring another update at some point today. This will mean signed keys and the security being turned right up on the server.

It will also bring the return of the DMRs and M14s as the infinite DMR ammo glitch has been repaired.

Edited by PapaCaldwell

We all long for NVG's. I've still not found any. It's part of the magic. Good things come to those who wait.

But changing the server settings to suit the minority isn't plausible.

I agree with you, but the only thing I can do now really is grab a crappy rifle and sit in the dark in Cherno waiting for

some half-kitted new-spawn with a chemlight to come close enough to kill them. I can't quite bring myself to do that.

...we think mister wightpants, became mista brown pants as he scarpered PDQ when we engaged him - in conversation obviously, not a fire fight..

Lol, I didn't hear anything over comms, so assumed I was about to be creamed. Brownpants indeed!