wireworld

RIP GB Wireworld Vanilla DayZ Server - It was a lot of fun!

Wireworld rulz ok :lol:

I keep missing all the Friday fight nights >:(

Been on 60+ hour weeks so not had the time, hope there is more to come.

Thanks Mac+team :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Wireworld rulz ok :lol:

I keep missing all the Friday fight nights >:(

Been on 60+ hour weeks so not had the time, hope there is more to come.

Thanks Mac+team :thumbsup:

Plenty more to come...... :D :D :D

Mac

Just a thought on the mandatory TS participation.

Personally I do not think it a problem and I cannot understand why this is such a source of consternation with so many people.

You can be on TS but, beyond that basic requirment, you can choose to be as sociable or as aloof as you wish. No one is forcing you to engage in conversations. You can simply sit on a channel, mute your hardware and just be in your cocoon. Don't see anything draconian with the ruling and it is just Mac's good intentions to foster a community.

I have been on regularly enough to notice that Mac makes it a point to visit each channel individually to greet players and engage in admin/player 'back and forth' sitreps I am happy for such levels of interpersonal pro-activeness......something that has been sorely lacking in most DayZ servers. As a plus, I see a lot of problems getting fixed on a timely basis, eg. the recent lack of heli crash spawns got rectified because we have a direct channel of comms with the admin.

For me, I find it a more rewarding experience to be able to interact with some of the people on server. At any given time, you can at most be with one TS group. Everyone else is considered fair game so there's still plenty of unknown/hostiles PvP within the spirit of the game. So where's the grievance, fellas ?

As for the recent incident with that group who got de-whitelisted, I am not involved in any of the investigative processes but I was on TS a couple of nights previously when I overheard the matter being discussed amongst the admin and players.

From what I heard, every opportunity was offered to the de-whitelisted individuals to cooperate and work together to clarify matters, but as it transpired, they chose not to be forthcoming. This really does not help their case.

If you are given an opportunity to clarify your position and misunderstandings, if any, then have some grace and maturity to work with people who are genuinely trying to mediate the situation and get to the bottom of things.

Reacting with evasiveness and antagonism won't gain you any sympathy. It just makes you look more iffy and suspicious than you already are.

I don't think Mac work hard at creating this server and community just to ban people for being too successful or dominant at the game. To say otherwise is some f*cked up logic.

PS:- Far from being bitter about things, everyone loses character and stuff over time. I found 3 cars last week just by hoofing around on foot. I abandoned one (a crappy and slow grey beat-up sedan with a helo rotor in the boot. To the owner who had been driving this around and hiding it. you got bad taste in cars), and then I kept one and gave the third to another group who saved my butt after I broke my leg. By the way, Phil, it was me who took your S1203 Blue Van. I'm surprised you parked it so openly :) Hid it in several spots over the course of a few days and finally in a place I though no one would look....boy! Was I wrong. To the thieving bast*rd(s) who stole it, no, I am not bitter....it was a stolen van in the first place and all that sh*t in the boot was actually Phil's (or maybe it belonged to the guy that Phil stole from) ;). As for that camo Land Rover that went missing from the North-West forests, yeah it was me and another guy who found it and stole it on a recon flight with a Huey (which was also stolen from him the next day LOL). We thought this Land Rover might have belonged to the NWA group or maybe Infy. In any case, a big up-yours for hiding it so well, (but not well enough apparently) and thanks for the free wheels. You could have at least stocked the boot with better loot instead of that crap you put in it. Hope my friends still have that Rover. I'm back on foot now. Easy come, easy go.

Edited by Cactus
  • Like 1

Nice post Cactus, many thanks. :D

I'm off to my Mums for 4 days from now, back on Thursday. Mr Jack is the admin while I'm away.

The player map markers have been removed, Zs's appear to be fixed so enjoy the Server all and of course, I hope we all have a Merry Xmas.

Beanz to all our players :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans:

Seasons Greetings

Mac

Wireworld Game Studio, Cafe and Bar

Have a good Xmas. Here's some special festive (and somewhat X-rated) beans for you, Mac!

post-82722-0-92327400-1356357935_thumb.j

PS:

By the way, Phil, it was me who took your S1203 Blue Van. I'm surprised you parked it so openly

Lol. Usually that's a quiet spot. I've had vehicles last a week or two there. I wonder what you were doing... maybe you've got a tent nearby? I'll have to investigate! The van 'came back to me' yesterday morning still full of guns, after circulating through several players! I just dumped it by the side of the road again when I ran out of fuel. As you said, easy come, easy go (except range finders, ghillies, DMRs and choppers)!

Edited by Anti
  • Like 1

Доброго дня! Я из России

Хочется поиграть у вас на сервере.

Мне 30 лет.

Имя Юра

Ник Oron

Адекватный и понимающий, могу как и в группе так и в одиночке бегать.

Играю с самого начала, как dayZ появился.

Английски язык понимаю, но написать не смогу... хотя попробую.

Good day! I am from Russia

I want to play on your server

I am 30 years old.

My name is Yuri

Nick Oron

Adequate and understanding

I play from the start, as Dayz appeared.

I understand English, but I can not write ... although I will try.

It's was nice to see so many new players on the server and in the teamspeak the last couple of days!

Hope you're enjoying it. Don't be shy in the teamspeak, and remember that it may take some hours before you become established/trusted.

Just to also mention that this particular current beta build isn't great. Eg.

· Zombies and loot aren't spawning consistently in some places.

· There are sporadic problems when trying to refuel and repair vehicles.

· Occasionally items are disappearing from backpacks/inventory after logging in/out.

I'm sure there are some other annoyances too.

It's still playable though, so the best thing is just to be patient and let's see how much of it the next build fixes.

• Like 1

Just to also mention that this particular current beta build isn't great. Eg.

· Zombies and loot aren't spawning consistently in some places.

oh good, thought it was just happening to me. Starved to death a few times on the scavenge for food :)

The latest build has fixed the refuelling problems :D

Devs are aware of the lack of loot in some areas, should be a fix soon.

Happy New Year!

Mac

Sent in a request. can't wait to play! (My ingame name is Cordone, by the way, just so you know it was me.)

sadly i cant get the email here, would have loved to send you an email now and be whitelisted when i get home, so i can start playing;-

How do I install 1.7.5 without losing the ability to play on 1.7.4 servers?

How do I install 1.7.5 without losing the ability to play on 1.7.4 servers?

It's very easy; it's harder to explain what to do than to actually do it...

1) Adding the mod without overwriting your v174

Open your Arma 2 folder, and you'll see your default (v174) dayz mod folder called: @DayZ

The path will be different depending on whether you use steam or not, so it's up to you to find out where the game is installed.

I don't use steam and my path is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@DayZ

Copy that folder, and rename the copy: @DayZ175

You don't put it anywhere else; the copy should be in the same root folder as the original (usually \Arma 2\)

Once you've contacted Mac, you'll know where the server's v175 files are. Download the RAR file.

Use an archiver like 'Peazip' or 'Winrar' to unpack it. It contains three PBO files: dayz_anim, dayz_code and dayz_sfx.

Move those three files to your @DayZ175\addons folder, overwriting the files that are already in there.

BTW, if you have any RAR files in the root of your DayZ175 folder (from when you copied the original), you can delete them if you want.

2) Starting the game

So, every time you want to play v175, you start the mod in the @DayZ175 folder.

Every time you want to play v174, you start the mod in the @DayZ folder.

The easiest method to do that for DayZ Commander users is to go to: Dayz Commander -> settings -> DayZ Directory

Tick the override box and type '175' at the end of the path. To revert back to v174, just untick the override box.

You can also choose what mod to run using shortcuts, where the targets of your shortcuts would be:

"[path goes here]/arma2oa.exe" -mod=@DayZ <------ to play v174

"[path goes here]/arma2oa.exe" -mod=@DayZ175 <------ to play v175

Again, I don't know your path to the game, so I just left it out. You need to fill in the part that says [path goes here].

If you don't remember to change the mod when you switch servers, all that happens is that you get a connection error.

Your game and character are not damaged or affected in any way.

Hope that helps.

See you on the server!

Edited by Anti
  • Like 2

Hey,

I'm not entirely sure how to update to the 1.7.5 community build.

I don't know where to get the files, and once i do, how to install them.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

JOTPlays

It's very easy; it's harder to explain what to do than to actually do it...

1) Adding the mod without overwriting your v174

Open your Arma 2 folder, and you'll see your default (v174) dayz mod folder called: @DayZ

The path will be different depending on whether you use steam or not, so it's up to you to find out where the game is installed.

I don't use steam and my path is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@DayZ

Copy that folder, and rename the copy: @DayZ175

You don't put it anywhere else; the copy should be in the same root folder as the original (usually \Arma 2\)

Once you've contacted Mac, you'll know where the server's v175 files are. Download the RAR file.

Use an archiver like 'Peazip' or 'Winrar' to unpack it. It contains three PBO files: dayz_anim, dayz_code and dayz_sfx.

Move those three files to your @DayZ175\addons folder, overwriting the files that are already in there.

BTW, if you have any RAR files in the root of your DayZ175 folder (from when you copied the original), you can delete them if you want.

2) Starting the game

So, every time you want to play v175, you start the mod in the @DayZ175 folder.

Every time you want to play v174, you start the mod in the @DayZ folder.

The easiest method to do that for DayZ Commander users is to go to: Dayz Commander -> settings -> DayZ Directory

Tick the override box and type '175' at the end of the path. To revert back to v174, just untick the override box.

You can also choose what mod to run using shortcuts, where the targets of your shortcuts would be:

"[path goes here]/arma2oa.exe" -mod=@DayZ <------ to play v174

"[path goes here]/arma2oa.exe" -mod=@DayZ175 <------ to play v175

Again, I don't know your path to the game, so I just left it out. You need to fill in the part that says [path goes here].

THANK YOU!!!!

I don't know where to get the files

The source files of the v175 beta are released on github by r4z0r (the main dev). The admin of Wireworld needs to do something technical (compile the source into PBO files or something like that) and then make them available only to the players who want to join the Wireworld server. To that end, you have to follow the instructions in the first post in this thread. I'll repeat them here:

Search for 'wireworld', either in DayZ Commander or the in-game server list.

Join the server lobby. You'll get a kick message which does two things. Firstly it gets your name and player id into the database so you can be whitelisted later. Secondly the message displays the Admin's email address and the server's Teamspeak IP.

You then email the admin (Mac) with your player name, age and the reason why you want to play on the server. He will manually whitelist you.

[Deleted instructions for displaying your GUID - apparently not required now]

Whilst you are waiting for that to happen you can join the Wireworld Teamspeak, go to the 'Dayz Home' channel, and the link to the v175 files are in the description pane.

I'm not entirely sure how to update to the 1.7.5 community build. How to install them?

See the post above yours. I explain in detail how to use the v175 mod alongside your v174.

Edited by Anti
  • Like 2

Thanks Anti,

You're doing a fine job looking after this post, beans for you! :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans:

Server has had a major update this morning - All loot and Zd issues appear to be fixed :)

Over 30 new fixes on this build, many thanks to the devs.

Please re-download our dayz.rar.

Kind regards

Mac

Before you close the game, open the chat box and type #beclient GUID which will give you your GUID

You don't have to send me your GUID when you mail me, otherwise it's "what he said" :)

Kind regards

Mac

Edited by wireworld

Had to put a password on our TS3 Server due to random people being annoying! Please mail me for the password if you need it.

Kind regards

Mac