Sign in to follow this  
doglover

RE: Rocket announcement of new feature at PAX

Dear friends doglover here,

This post is regarding Rocket's (creator of this Game (Day-Z)) inspiring speech to the gaming community at E3. He announced the addition of bodybuilding to this game. About time!! As a professional bodybuilding.com poster and nutritionist, it has long bothered me that the character's physique does not change throuhout his survival in Chernarus (location of Day-Z).

I have also noticed a lack of products that can aid in improving physique (e.g. creatine, arginine and St John's wart). As you all know, it is important to pack on mass. This involves at LEAST carboloading (pasta) 5 times a day and eating 1g/kilogram protein bodyweight.

My suggestions (DEMANDS) are as follows:

1. If you run too much, you lose mass due to caloric deficit.

2. In order to bulk (important), you must run at a calorie excess

3. If you do high reps. you gain mad muscle tone (important)

4. In industrial areas, you should be able to find squatting racks in which you can do deadlifts, bicep curls & other upper arm exercises (RIP Zyzz). However while you are curling you are vulnerable to ambushes by players and their dogs

5. If your character is fit you can carry more equipment (weights, protein powder et al)

Thanks guys and see you in the gym

Edited by doglover
  • Like 5

I.....for some reason REALLY like this idea!?!?! But it would be better if you could pack up the workout station and maybe take it to your base or something?

you are so right! the game really needs weight benches and squat racks found in industrial areas..one thing I have always thought was lacking in zombie apocalypse games was the ability to smash out some reps. maybe dayz can be the first to fix this massive oversight.

also for the serious competitor, I think steroids should be available. after all, the game is set in the eastern bloc

• Like 6

maybe a hgh pen to go with morphene and epi pen?

Lmaooo alright see, I thought you were serious.

When you talked about calororic deficit and losing weight/becoming weaker. :)

The excess calorie intake or adequate intake would help you maintain weight and stay energized. :D

This would mean you don't unrealistically die so quickly from hunger. :lol:

Then you talked about squating and deadlifts in industrial areas.. >:( <_< I just got trolled.

LOL well played. You had me in an 'okaaaaay' kind of way up until the weight equipment in industrial areas. Beans for the laugh.

Q: How many bodybuilders does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: 50. 1 to change it, 49 to stand there saying "Looking good, buddy, looking good!!"

• Like 3

3. If you do high reps. you gain mad muscle tone (important)

4. In industrial areas, you should be able to find squatting racks in which you can do deadlifts, bicep curls & other upper arm exercises (RIP Zyzz). However while you are curling you are vulnerable to ambushes by players and their dogs

Cool idea! I suggest that after 4 weeks of survival and daily excercise, you should be able to shoot with 2 AS50s simultanously, one in each hand!

• Like 3

its not a bad idea but i think its something that shouldnt have to much emphasis.... it would just be to odd of a feature of it was intricate.. just nice and basic i think would be best.. i just think theres so much more shit that this game needs without.. uuh... bodybuilding but like i said still not a bad idea... becuase this game needs more activities

• Like 1

You're a professional body builder and nutritionist who claims to have cancer from 15 years of smoking. Who doesn't understand cancer treatment and is considering alternative medicine. Bullshit.

Do.. do you even lift bro?

Can we wrestle bull sharks to keep fit too?

I want broceps on my biceps.

Arnold approves of this thread.

Don't forget to take into account that ONLY professional bodybuilders would survive a zombie apocalypse. So of course they'd take the time to set up their equipment in downtown and industrial areas...

;P

Forget the weightlifting part,what would suck is carrying around all the food in your backpack.8 lean steaks,some steroid syringes and a gallon of water would be normal gear for Dayz bodybuilders.......

This is the BEST idea ever suggested on this forum! I really hope no one steals this!!

Thanks for the support guys, it means a lot to me!! :) B) :thumbsup: