rocket

20 words or less: Spawning without a weapon

This. Many bandits aren't playing the same game as the rest of us. They win when you get angry.

Remove the starter supplies and bandits would have to work like everyone else to survive on the coast. They would have to travel or scavenge for their beans.

Camping spawns is effortless and provides an endless amount of supplies, take that away and it won't be as easy and therefore not as fun.

Another effect would be that people would go into the small villages and farms more since the first thing they have to do is find food and drink.

Camping spawns is effortless and provides an endless amount of supplies' date=' take that away and it won't be as easy and therefore not as fun.

[/quote']

The people who camp spawns aren't doing it for the loot. How stupid are you people.

No

I personally don't like the idea of not having a pistol from the start, but might consider a challenge like spawning without a pistol if you would be given directions to a location of pistol (no guarantee it wouldn't be taken by someone else).

I don't know the back story to who or where your suppose to be coming from, but maybe this is you returning to your home or you remembering *Uncle Fred* had a pistol at his house.

This might be a way to give people some direction on the start to move away from the shore.

So now your choice then would either (1) try and venture to this location and get a guaranteed pistol or (2) roll the dice and go some where else.

Make it random and of course not some simple 2 min walk.

At this point, i would maybe strip down everything.

I say up the % of spawning food/water/meds near spawn points, give me an empty character and point me to Berlin.

No need to mickey-mouse bull$#!t, make it tough. If not fully stripped, at most make it one of each item, and no backpack. Make them small packs relevant.

Sounds like it would be much more boring that it already is.

NO

i would just run up the coast killing nubs haha

YES,

I tried this earlier today (only had 1 bean ,canteen and 1 bandage) and it was amazing. I even dropped my backpack. Will play like this for now on.

NO

With the current "Deathmatch" PvP ruleset a survivor with no weapon is just a walking loot pile to most players.

NO

but yes to less ammo, ditch the flares and yes to flashlight (solves the nobody playing at night problem and it's more likely you'd have a flashlight in real life than all that ammo, flares, etc)

YES

And while we're at it, reset everything. This is when we need a full HIVE wipe.

How about:

you have a gun for your first week of play but once you have experience with the game we're going to make it much harder

No.

"Maybe adds some authenticity: who has a handgun at home?"

Who has a Lee Enfield and two M1911s lying around in a supermarket?

ummmm Walmart?

Yes

While we are at it, remove all starting gear. This would make killing new players for supplies point less. Another plus would be that the small pouch would be used as players wouldn't have the coyote pouch to begin with.

Respectfully, no.

Unless there is going to be beginner safe zones, spawning without a weapon will cause new players to be abused even more by "lol!" gankers.

quite a few invalid "no's" in here

Thats your opinion...

yes.

because many players have adopted the kill on sight and i think it would be conducive in making people team up more and not be so trigger finger. It also helps eliminates people camping the spawns for pistol ammo and stuff.

Yes.

Spawned a dozen times in the past with no weapons (or backpacks) when servers were bugged and it was still easy to find weapons/backpacks, but added a challenge that made it more satisfying to survive the initial spawn period.

This. Many bandits aren't playing the same game as the rest of us. They win when you get angry.

Remove the starter supplies and bandits would have to work like everyone else to survive on the coast. They would have to travel or scavenge for their beans.

Camping spawns is effortless and provides an endless amount of supplies' date=' take that away and it won't be as easy and therefore not as fun.

Another effect would be that people would go into the small villages and farms more since the first thing they have to do is find food and drink.

[/quote']

He was referencing my post. I think the problem is he wrote bandits, when what he meant was in game trolls.

These are the kind of people who feed off other players' misery. The only joy they get from the game is to ruin it for you. Spawning with no guns leaves you a sitting target for adult children who will stop at no costs to get a gun and then stalk the coast to kill new spawns. The fact you start with no gun would only increase this troll behavior as it would make killing you easier and make dying more devastating. The more you suffer the happier they are. If you get so upset from getting killed before you get a gun 6 times in a row you quit playing the game they sleep at night with a giant grin plastered on their face.

These are the players who spam global VOIP, insult everyone, use exploits or hacks, and kill players just because they know it will annoy the other player. Right now it's hardly worth it to them to hunt players on the coast because you have a gun to fight back with and you respawn with pretty solid gear. If you instead spawn defenseless and killing you puts you back to square zero this behavior will increase.

A bandit kills you for your gear, for the challenge of PvP, or because it's a valid strategy for survival to shoot first and ask questions last, nothing wrong with that. A troll kills you because they feed off misery. They know you are playing the game to have a good time, and they only want to ruin that. These players exist, sad but true and in greater numbers than we all would like to admit.

You have to take this into account when designing a game. If I make an online boxing game that is the best boxing game ever made, except there is a flaw where you can win a round by jabbing rapidly for the entire round and running away which makes it impossible for the other player to ever get in on you, then you better believe the game is going to end up unplayable. No one will ever have fun pressing one button for the entire fight and running away from the other boxer, but enough people will do it to ruin it for everyone.

YES

This will decrease the chance of getting shot by a noob who just wants to deathmatch but also make it more realistic.

NO

Quote: "It's FUCKING annoying having to sneak and run around to find a gun"

No.

I don't see what it adds to the game, would just make it frustrating. I do think you should spawn with less supplies though (especially ammo).

NO.

People in many countries (including CZR) own firearms. I own 15. Fewer magazines, or an even worse weapon (.22LR Revolver?).

YES

Don't need one, we can sneak past zombies.

It should lower number of coast fights.

Yes.

Smaller packs should move faster (if possible), and make less noise (to zombies) giving a slight advantage to newbs who are scooting around towns and keeping 'more geared' players out of the towns (newbs get the advantage when they get a weapon) new pack / get weapon / reach DAY 2 loose bonus. (means us who head due north on spawn instead of dicking around electro also get an advantage)

Spawn zombies in a radius around larger cities. Stops people sitting in the outskirts shooting like tards.

NO

Quote: "It's FUCKING annoying having to sneak and run around to find a gun"

Only if the player is impatient, in which case he or she should play another game.

Yes,

Spawn with nothing, i mostly swap makarov without firing a shot. Add 'dishonour kill' to debug tab ---> if ( itemCount == 0 && timeAlive < 60 )