rocket

20 words or less: Spawning without a weapon

YES

But I reckon try equipment load-outs randomly chosen from the following:

- Makarov, no ammo, no items.

- no Makarov, 2 x ammo, items (2x something random).

- no Makarov, no ammo, items (beans, drink, 2x bandage, morphine, 2x painkillers)

And then balance as required.

YES

But in its place give us flashlight and also let us start with hunting knife and watch. Those are the most realistic for civillians to have.

YES

Increase cooperation' date=' reduce killing for survival reasons supplies/ammo (type). Griefers will grief just to grief so f'em.

You should start your new life with just the clothes on your back and one item in your pocket or on your belt. (No starter backpack).

This one item will spawn randomly from this list:

[list']

[*]Handgun with one magazine/clip. Random (Mak, M1911, M9, Revolver.)

[*]Watch

[*]Flashlight

[*]Compass

[*]Knife

[*]Matches

[*]Bandage

[*]Heatpak

[*]Epipen

[*]Morphine

[*]Flares

[*]Flare gun (I wish.)

This is not a bad idea actually. Of course we'd have to make the chance of spawning with any of those as equal as possible, so excluding the flare gun and the M9(As a mil wep the only reason i could see spawning with it is to add to realism since we are Pvt's in the military, although idk if thats their mandated sidearm) would leave at roughly 7.69% per item.

In twenty words or less' date=' formatted with YES or NO in caps the line above, say your thoughts on trying this out[/b']

YES

in case we get melee weapons at some point in future. without its a bit to harsh for most i guess.

(i will re-post my suggestion for this later today.)

NO again.

I love how everyone cries about PKers then thinks its a good idea to restart on the beach defenseless against adult children with assault rifles who's idea of fun is ruining the game for others.

You can always split the mod easily into 2 main servers (Normal and Hardcore) down the line when you are closer to done for people who don't want to start with guns.

NO

Removing your only means of defense in this particular Zombie apocalypse (a gun) makes this game less accessible to new players' date=' and would cause bandits to frequent the coast picking off defenceless new players. Lets be clear: bandits will kill you whether you have gear or not - for them, that's pretty much all there is to do in this game after a while.

Most new players would not survive long enough to find any weapon at all. Any first time players would not even work out how to crouch walk or crawl before attracting Zs and being eaten alive without the ability to defend themselves in any way.

Besides, this game will never be anywhere close to being realistic without melee.

In a real life Zombie apocalypse you would defend yourself with whatever was at hand - knives, cricket bats, sticks, shovels, rocks, fists etc. The fact this game does not allow melee means it is less realistic than many of the mainstream zombies games out there, all the while claiming to be a realistic survival simulator...until melee is added all of you arguing about realism are just kidding yourselves.

[/quote']

Same answer for me.

YES!

Spawning without a weapon is the best way against the massacre @coast. Also the search for the first weapon will be very thrilling.

YES

Although I think the main thing the game needs to sort it out is to have some bigger penalty for dying, otherwise you find bandits spawning with Makarovs and killing the first person they see because whats the harm if they do get shot and die they'll re-spawn with the same kit.

Perhaps create a penalty of when you die you're unable to play again for another 2 hours or so, this just adds to the fear of death imo.

Yeah it will be annoying for players who get bandit killed but that's just pat of the risk...?

YES

bandits preying on fresh spawns are imbeciles, take maks from their prey and ruin their sport while remedying the inane antics of so many nubs

NO

How would people defend against bandits killing them on the beach? As for realism: if the player is not some ex army guy, why can he handle every weapon he finds perfectly and even fly military helicopters? That means he is no simple civilian. And that means he would at least have a handgun.

NO

I think taking away some of the starting makarov ammo would be a very good idea though. In a game about survival the amount of ammo you start with doesn't feel limiting at all, if you screw up so badly you need to shoot more than one or at most two magazines, you deserve to die.

edit:

On second thought I don't think it will be as bad as people say with bandits spawn camping the beach.

People will also have to gear up before entering the normal coastal hotspots or be taking a massive risk, which I think is a great thing.

YES

Hell, why not? Annoying, difficult, potentially life-threatening. Sounds perfect for the zombie apocalypse to me.

It's alpha. The time to try these things is NOW! If it doesn't work, take it out.

I know I already posted but Rocket, I'm hoping you read this even though its beyond 20 words;

Do not, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, give in to whiny bitches on these forums, or any others, about how/when they died by Bandits or not. They need to deal with the consequences of there actions AND those of others. DayZ is only Alpha, you can make changes, but I beg you to NEVER make this mod EASIER to play. I have full faith that you as a developer can and WILL make the right decisions.

YES

Late gamer kills needs another separate mechanic to deal with spawn killing.

Random map spawns?

No

When someone finds a gun, whats stopping them from running all over the coast killing?

YES.

People will value their characters more. More exciting start. Increase in difficulty, which I like. Atleast this should be tried out since that's what alpha is for. This sounds like an another cool feature which majority of games don't even consider being too hard for players.

YES

Won't have to put up with people who've just spawned/respawned, with nothing at all to lose by shooting you for your stuff

YES.

I'd go so far as to say you should start with nothing at all. Not even a backpack.

For the noobs, this might be tough. How about adding a tutorial video or something along those lines?

I mean for me, it's whatever really. I'd say add this update when you get 80% of buildings to be lootable.

NO

with current spawn system at coast because its easy targets for those who already found weapon.

YES

with rebuild spawn system at least on a half of map

What he said.

YES

Adds more difficulty and should do a bit to quell the crazy that is Cherno/Elektro

YES.

I think this would bring a new level of difficulty for new players.

NO.

It would ruin your "ANYONE IN CHERNO?" shirt since there wouldn't be AS MUCH of that :(

yes

lets try it out... but consider to add a lot more spawnpoints