rocket

20 words or less: Spawning without a weapon

YES

Adds some challenge, makes makarovs actually have value, murdering new players is no longer a free way to replenish ammo.

NO.

Because it will be so much easier for geared people to grief players in the coast. Also there's a fine line between challenging and needlessly frustrating.

Rocket. This is a VERY VERY VERY nice idea and I would love it but It has one MASSIVE FALL.

People would just camp the coast with weapons.

BUT! Just make the spawns like 1km more inland and i'm sure that'll fix it right up!

YES

But not on regular servers. New players need a chance to get their 'feet wet'. When somebody wants a real challenge they can go to the veteran servers and start with no gear.

YES,

I dont think coast farming Will be Much of a problem. Just make everybody spawn with only one can of beans, water and painkiller. And make finding ammo a bit harder. Somewan also said making people faster with no gun. All thos things together will make it not worth hunting on THE coast.

To many words but what the F

YES

I see that Arma2 can have FOG as an effect like Rain.

Just cast a decent amount of Fog that hangs all along the beach areas/ spawn areas.

This will give new spawned players cover for a few meters before they leave the Fog area.

Problem solved.

yes. either that or spawn with no medical supplies other than 1 bandage, and no more than 2 mags

YES

But let us test the new zed behaviors first. Then if they are working as intended. DO IT!!!

No

Maybe start with a lower caliber gun like a .22; make it take 2 head shots to kill players.

YES

but only if people spawn with nothing, its really easy to find your first food anyway, spawning with beans gives incentive to the bandits. Spawn with nothing and claw your survival from the jaws of death.

NO

Unless you provide more weapon drops and spawn points. People in real life could melee without gun. Arma can't.

I like the idea can we spawn with compass and flashlight etc...

Don't think this is going far enough Rocket.

What the bandits would really like is some fixed machine gun placements with unlimited ammo at the top of each beach.

YES

But only if there will be some kind of melee. (Just opportunity to punch/kick and to fight with knife/axe etc)

I vote yes.

Given the game is based in Russia. Its against the law, to own a handgun or full-auto weapon there. Be hard pressed to have a gun at home, that wasnt a hunting rifle.

Even though...

I own 2 handguns and a assault rifle at home. My 2 closest friends own fire arms as well. But this is in America.

But painkillers nope, cept for booze or drugs.

Then canned food, morphine, and canteen. I do not have at home. Canned food is bad for you. But id eat a human, if push came to shove.

Yes

It Will Make It Harder Plus Hackers Will Be An Easy Spot But Doing THis You Will Need To Make Guns A Little Easier To Find Otherwise Perfect :D

NO, you're a sitting duck till you find a weapon and bandits will prey on people starting out more so.

Can you use the flashlight to blind/smash heads? No...? damn...

Yes.

try it for a while. but hell give us a canteen and some chow! map? compass?

YES

However, Why not add another twist? How about a Flare gun with 6 rounds or less to replace your flares? Use it as a Utility or defensively, both with obvious consequences. AND No ammo spawns for it> :D