rocket

20 words or less: Spawning without a weapon

SORT OF...

Let players choose items. Each have certain values, player has certain amount of "credit". Allowing players to choose their play style.

YES

I want this suggestion realized, with even less starting gear.

Grabbing starting gear now is a way too easy atm.

At least try it with a patch over some days and see what happens.

Yes

Best is to spawn with nothing, no food no flares no morphin e.t.c..

Because nobody in a Zombifilm start with Weapons or medical gear.

Yes (w/ a tweak)

There has been mentioned "picking" spawning items. This would allow for a player to choose a playstyle. Maybe choosing between 2 or 3 items of the current starting items.

NO (conditional)

YES if there is a mele or some form of "silent takedown" of zombies in conjunction with this.

NO

IRL you can still defend yourself with brute force (fists' date=' body tackle) if necessary, until that is implemented, do not make players completely defenceless

[/quote']

^^^ This.

I like the realism behind no starting weapon but we MUST be allowed to melee if this is to be implemented..

YES

I like the vulnerability this creates (hopefully more cautious play will take place).

Also, I have 5 different rifles/shotties/pistols at home sir! So you should make my character carry that many ;P

NO

Realistically I don't know anyone who doesn't have at least 1 fire arm in their house.

Also adding Melee would make this mod just that much more amazing since in a ZA youd run outa ammo and get to bashing sooner or later.

NO, but could work by spawning with only one clip, defenseless with a knife, probably even picking up rocks and shit to bash zombie heads in. Yeah!

I'm sure lots of people own firearms but i doubt any of them carry them around in everyday life, it's illegal to carry weapons in public in most countries.

There has always been guns in houses/homes in DayZ but you never find them on the Chernarus citizens (zombies). So i don't think you typically carried around guns in pre-apocalypse Chernarus either.

YES,

I expected this when i first played, we start as if we're shipwrecked. Water takes your stuff, So start with NOTHING. just a bag.

no, no, no

makarov wars are not a problem. getting killed by well-equipped players just after spawning is not a problem. PvP is being done with winnys and lee enfields or better gear. Adding a tedious 'find a gun' minigame at the start of every life isn't going to change the way the game plays out at all.

No

Ok no and yes, Make a player spawn with a pistol but only have maybe 1 mag of ammo. So they cant just go popping everything on site. I think you should spawn with pistol+1 mag, bandage, 1 box of pain killer, 2 can of beans and a water bottle. Make people scanvenge....or only spawn someone with just a pistol+1 mag this might stop spawn killing as 1 mag is not worth it?

Yes

If a new player agros a horde they should die. This will teach them NOT to aggro hoards and learn to sneak, peak and hide. More realism too.

Don't forget this is game and it's success is based by the fact that it's still mainstream, don't make the game unappealing to casual players too.

Don't forget this is game and it's success is based by the fact that it's still mainstream' date=' don't make the game unappealing to casual players too.

[/quote']

It's a success because it is trying out new things that mainstream publishers wouldn't touch, let it continue to do so.

Also:

YES

It is alpha, try everything you can think of. I'm sure your devoted alpha testers would never complain about having the chance to test features... right?

YES

People will learn the essential zombie evasion tactics first. Can't wait to see survivor trains rushing to find first gun!

YES

I don't own a gun, i would not know how to use a gun.........Need to find one, need to survive!