rocket

20 words or less: Spawning without a weapon

Dear Rocket, suggestion of the month - Voting Poll, as the forum option. Wouldnt it be so cool to instead of going through all these replies to sum them up, see the overwhelming number automatically calculated? :D

NO

Even tho it looks like a deadmatch sometimes, it would be a little too hardcore for regular gamers and you do need those if you 'have' or 'make' a game.

No.

I understand what your trying to do/fix but I don't think this will work.

I have a pistol IRL.

YES-ish (?)

Maybe like a random chance to have x general items starting out (IE; you might have a gun, but lack 1 can of food and canteen)

NO

All you need is a tent full of gear and this game is crazy easy. So let's make your first few days of play time super hardcore to balance how easy it gets when you get storage haha.

NO

This removes newly spawned players ability to defend themselves against geared out spawn and newbie murderers. New survivors with Makarovs killing each other should happen. Guys with high end weapons killing for fun shouldn't imo.

In this instance, I don't care about realism. This would cater to the PVP for PVP's sake and not survival's sake crowd.

YES but

1st spawn should still get a gun. Don't punish newbies, game is hard enough to get started in.

YES

With some conditions:

1. Spawning with melee weapon.

2. Counter measures against encounter of spawned players and well-geared players. F.e., common guns should be spawned only in small towns near starting locations, and rare guns should be spawned far away from these points.

YES.

I barely even use the Makarov now, after spawning again.

You can find PRIMARY weapon usually after checking any barn in your area...

Gameplay is easy right now, but lack of weapon at start would add a bit of difficulty to it.

YES only IF! >> You can grab things/tools that you can use a melee weapon. How bout that hatchet? Steel pipes? Crowbar? Oh! How bout them fists?

NO! >> People camping along the coast would get free stuff. I would suggest to limit ammo and gear instead. 1 or 2 mags, no morphine, no painkillers, 1 can of beans, and your water bottle! And oh, please, who drinks a whole can of water in one go? Maybe 3 times?

YES

You get a few random starting items, and thirst and hunger gain greater urgency. Ammo really needs reduction.

YES

Should make the early-game more interesting and promote emergent teamwork.

YES

Add Fog at shore to help give spawned players cover from farmers

Start with:

1-Bandage

1-Canten

Watch

Flares

Less items= less farming on New Players

Yes

I think the ability to choose a set of starter items would be best or even limit the amount of clips to 1 or 2.

YES!

In my opinion it will require a-lot more thinking when you spawn, more realism too.

YES

Actually, this would be made way more interesting by having the "heartbeat" mechanic discussed persistent across characters (to show their ACTUAL humanity, not just this current character) which would give people some warning if they decide to help the weaponless possible bandit, and would help curve players into better behavior in a passive way that will not hurt them directly but will hurt their player interactions.

Sorry it's over 20 words, but I couldn't shorten it and get the point across

NO

BUT: Ditch makarov (feels too rewarding now) but need "a" weapon. Totally defenseless = bad.

Melee, weak improvised weapon, etc...

Potato gun, boomerang, slingshot. Not these.

The people saying spawning with less loot and no gun will stop people from shooting new spawns seem to be forgetting that a lot of people don't care about your beans, the game for them is frustrating other people. If they make the game so unfun for you that you quit they consider that a win. If getting killed means you spawn with almost nothing they will happily chase your defenseless ass up and down the coast all day just to shoot you in the face and watch you restart again and again while they taunt you.

These players exist and we all know that. I don't see why everyone is pretending like this isn't a real thing. If this wasn't an issue I'd probably say yes (though you'd have to turn up the Markov spawn rate obviously). Rocket could always split the game into regular vs. hardcore servers once it's closer to completion, but making no guns default will not make griefers go away, it will just make feeding new players bullets that much easier for them. It would also further penalize "lone wolf" players who couldn't just call out to a teammate for a handout every time they die.

Maybe.

Only one mag at spawn might be better, I'd hate to be defenseless against other people.

The people saying spawning with less loot and no gun will stop people from shooting new spawns seem to be forgetting that a lot of people don't care about your beans' date=' the game for them is frustrating other people. If they make the game so unfun for you that you quit they consider that a win. If getting killed means you spawn with almost nothing they will happily chase your defenseless ass up and down the coast all day just to shoot you in the face and watch you restart again and again while they taunt you.

These players exist and we all know that. I don't see why everyone is pretending like this isn't a real thing. If this wasn't an issue I'd probably say yes (though you'd have to turn up the Markov spawn rate obviously). Rocket could always split the game into regular vs. hardcore servers once it's closer to completion, but making no guns default will not make griefers go away, it will just make feeding new players bullets that much easier for them. It would also further penalize "lone wolf" players who couldn't just call out to a teammate for a handout every time they die.

[/quote']

This. Many bandits aren't playing the same game as the rest of us. They win when you get angry.