rocket

20 words or less: Spawning without a weapon

NO

it IS fucking annoying to run around. Random Items would be cool and please no overpowered melee.

No ' date=' griefers would camp newly spawned players

[/quote']

How many times does this need to be said, WHY CAMP NEW PLAYERS WITH NOTHING ON THEM

Because people are dicks.

This

I think it's a half decent idea, but would prefer to see implementation of randomised starting items (I think it's mentioned somehwere above). You could either produce a completely random assortment of items for a character on spawn - ranging from a side arm with a mag or two with a tin of beans and a water bottle to water bottle, painkillers, ammo and food. Alternatively, you could produce "kits" that player are randomly assigned on spawning. Obviously this is has the issue of players spawning and suiciding to get a kit with a gun but meh. This way you get realism of multiple types of survivor: ranging from military survivor, to doctor or park ranger. Possibilities are endless. Eliminates the starting with firearm but gives you the "come on soldier start" every time you respawn, rather than bleak hopelessness of "shit i don't have a gun."

NO

if we dont spawn with a gun then why spawn with medical supplies, food, and water?

YES

It will encourage cooperation between gunless survivors, end makarov parties on the coast, and make respawning more tense.

YES

I love the feeling of overcoming adversity. Sneaking around, running for your life, and also the CoD gameplay would end.

YES

I am against it. But want the community to suffer for doing something so stupid. Cant wait to spawn rape :D

YES

Hate going near spawn with any gear just to be shot at by 20+ ppl who don't

care if they die or not b/c they lose nothing.

YES

Remove starting items. If players start with stuff, they have reason to kill spawned players for gear or fear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seriously guys, the easiest way to get medical supplies is to simply murder a noob. Folks would have less rational incentives to kill spawning players if they were made less dangerous, and didn't have some incredibly valuable gear on spawn. Don't tell me morphine and painkillers are not valuable. It also ends dread suicide makaroni runs. Be honest, how many people do you know that have just shot the first person they saw after spawning, because if they lost the fight, they respawn and lose nothing, and if they win the fight, they get everything.

Yes, and to combat people deathmatching specifically on the coast, spread all of the spawns out throughout the entire map instead of centralizing it on the coast (make everyone start out in one of those brown civilian houses you can enter in anywhere on the map). It also gives players a starting chance at loot since they already have loot drop spots.

Essentially just more wide-spread spawns. You don't even need to do all of the ones in the major areas because there's enough (at least more) civilian houses spawns on the map you could have compared to beach spawns on the map without putting them in one that is closer to an advantage than other house spawns.

It makes it more wide spread, and the coast doesn't become a centralized hub of deathmatch anymore. Everyone's equally spread out.

Not 20 words or less, but it gets a suggestion across without making a new thread.

YES

Adds tension. Make weapon/loot spawns random though, or people will bottleneck. Also, I'm Texan. I have guns at home.

YES

Spawn with flashlight instead. Address darkness concerns and give players incentive to work together if a weapon is found (one spots one shoots).

YES

I don't like how people can throw away their lives repeatedly just to respawn with guns and do it again.

YES

I am against it. But want the community to suffer for doing something so stupid. Cant wait to spawn rape :D

Ironically this is the best and worst post in this thread. Really shows all sides of the issue.

Yes

Usually i find a new weapon way before i really have use for one. Also the "pregame" when you spawn is kinda boring so this would give it a kick.

NO

I can feel pseudo-realistic about DayZ missing any sort of melee system *because* everyone has firearms. Melee or guns.

How about all of the losers who want to make the game harder for themselves by having no gun and only a chest pouch just drop it when they spawn so the rest of us don't have to deal with the consequences of these 'hardcore' players not liking to have fun while playing a video game?

THIS!!!

I expect to see piles of loot scattered along the beach tonight when I play, as all you hardcore survivors drop all your spawn gear because you are all so hardcore.

NO

simply because of how frustrating and annoying that would make death, and the potential for greifing is just too much the only way I could see this working is with a serious rework of the spawning system. Personally I'd rather see some development of some kind of grouping mechanics.

P.S. I have a Handgun at home