rocket

20 words or less: Spawning without a weapon

YES

As long as the new LOS zombies work correctly and you can actually lose them in a building then I'd say yes to offset the lower difficulty that would seemingly create.

YES.

I agree, with an ability to lose zeds (not if you are blooding and leaving a trail, of course) could work.

Also, so many people actually looking forward to better identify bandits, so patrolling the beach would be a great hunting ground for them! ;)

And if you hide your wapon in your backpack and shows yourself unarmed, well...new interaction posibilities.

YES

Anything that adds difficulty to the mod gets my vote.

The Mak is a pea-shooter! For those who are arguing that it gives incentive to bandits to take out freshly spawned noobs, consider this: What chance does a player with a Makarov really have against a bandit with a DMR anyway?

(Don't cave into the carebears!)

YES

I start with too much equipment to ever feel in danger!

:idea: Replace starter backpack with Czech vest pouch and remove everything but a flare stack and two bandages to put the detailed game mechanics to real use.

NO

No melee ability, and not enough enterable buildings to provide weapons for everyone.

YES.

Make shitty guns somewhat more common to balance. I'm talking Makarovs & Enfields, not the god-mode winchester.

1 Bean

1 Pepsi (Not able to refill)

1 Makarov

1 Makarov Magazine

1 Morphine

1 Painkiller

1 Flare

1 Bandage

1 Czech Vest.

YES

Realistic - Also, it may promote cooperative play. If you can't attack each other, why not get to know one another?

It really only adds frustration...

Hark, is that gentle weeping I hear over yonder? Come, let me sup on your sweet, sweet tears. Frustration is what this mod is all about.

YES

This would make new people who do not have guns together they will actually team up and try to survive. Well in till one of them finds a gun and kills the other person :P.

YES

Just add makarovs to loot points at a decent percentage. I find plenty of makarov ammo, but never a makarov (except what I spawn with).

To all the people saying "yes, but add melee because I don't want to be defenseless". Without a gun you ***aren't*** defenseless. You have your legs and your cunning. Run away, or don't be seen.

But still rocket, if you do cave to the melee pressure then make it one use every 5 seconds or something. If you have no gun and you are cornered in a building by more than one or two zombies then you should basically just die.

This all is assuming other features work 100%, e.g. no see through wall, LOS and escape from zombies.

Don't just remove the weapon' date=' remove everything save one bandage, one beanz, and a canteen.

[/quote']

I got one better for you: remove all the stuff and then break their legs so everyone has to crawl until they can find some morphine. Now, that's hardcore! Accept no substitutes!

YES IF

Melee is added. You've stated adding Melee would be resource intensive, but it's worth it.

End 20 words.

|

|

|

|

Due to the ghillie suit glitch I swam ashore with nothing but a knife, would have been a good story if I didn't bleed to death from that ONE zombie who saw me grab a canteen. Running around like a green muppet in a benny hill sketch.

For those who are arguing that it gives incentive to bandits to take out freshly spawned noobs' date=' consider this: What chance does a player with a Makarov really have against a bandit with a DMR anyway?

[/quote']

Almost none, but that isn't the issue. It will motivate more people to grief new spawns/new players as there is no danger in it at all anymore. Not to mention my point above. No gun = No fun. This is a game, and games are supposed to be fun. Why would anyone bother playing a game that isn't fun. If a game kicks your ass repeatedly withing the 1st 15 mins of play it's going to turn a lot of people away. So in that sense the question becomes, do you want more people playing DayZ? Or do you want to limit it to only a small group of super fans, hackers, and exploiters?

Dark Souls is hard, it is also acclaimed.

You spawn with a plank, and a 50/50 chance of killing one zombie with it.

No gun = No fun. This is a game' date=' and games are supposed to be fun.

[/quote']

But, this isn't a game, it's an anti-game. It's not designed to be fun; it's designed to make you suffer.

NO

You start with a revolver, but only 1 or 2 bullet in it so you can defend yourself in a very extreme situation.

Ammo should be highly scarce and shooting a gun should put you in real danger (zombies hearing your shot but you not having enough bullets for it)

Less ammo and less weapons=more fun b/c you will feel more endangered.

Rocket I have a good idea for bandits...the more people you kill the higher chance of seeing things that aren't there. You can make it client side so no lag on the servers end. Have random zombies spawn behind you that start attacking but cause no damage...your guy will probably freak out and fire a few shots calling in real zombies or alerting people. I imagine in real life if you kept killing people you would start to go alittle crazy.

Rocket I have a good idea for bandits...the more people you kill the higher chance of seeing things that aren't there. You can make it client side so no lag on the servers end. Have random zombies spawn behind you that start attacking but cause no damage...your guy will probably freak out and fire a few shots calling in real zombies or alerting people. I imagine in real life if you kept killing people you would start to go alittle crazy.

...that is a terrible idea