rocket

20 words or less: Spawning without a weapon

...accessible...

HE USED THAT WORD! GET HIM' date=' PC GAMERS!

[i']Just kidding, I'm only picking on you because your post is longer than 20 words :)

YES YES YES YES and YES.

rocket mate, this game needs to be harder, simple as. It needs to be harder than gabens cock after eating 3 cheeseburgers. this is a great first step into such a direction. Infact I'd go one further: very bare bones. No weapon, 1 can of food and soda. I don't feel as much threat as I think I should during a zombie apocalypse, so stick more zeds in the game with a few stragglers in the forest while you're at it.

this sounds silly but I always roleplay as your character is a shipmate who crashed at sea and arrived at Chenarus with no previous memories (hence waking up at shore). I really doubt you'd have a weapon anyway.

NO

Interesting a few times (as special event maybe), annoying as permanent gameplay element.

probably because zombies in their current state are completely trivial to avoid without using weapons or thrown objects

The number of "NO until melee" responses would suggest that a lot of people still have much to learn about that.

Care to elaborate or where you just getting your smug superiority rush for the day?

Many of us lamenting the lack of melee in DayZ are aware that the Arma II engine does not support melee, that does not make it any less unrealistic. Besides, if the Zombies have a 'proximity' attack perhaps this could be used to resemble melee for survivors, I don't know if this is possible but the bottom line is that without melee a survival simulator is never going to be anywhere near approaching realism.

YES

There certainly are cons, but I'd be willing to give it a go. It might lead to frustration, but what doesn't in this game?

KIND OF

Spawn with one magazine. Not having a gun doesn't add enough tension, if a zombie spots you die or disconnect. With one mag, you'll have people clamoring to aim perfectly and save as many bullets as possible, allowing them to get hit more in the process. Also, will starting players kill each other? They might not even have enough ammo to kill the other person, they might think its too precious to waste.

KIND OF

Spawn with one magazine. Not having a gun doesn't add enough tension' date=' if a zombie spots you die or disconnect.

[/quote']

With the 1.7.1 you can lose zombies tailing you. You just have to play it smart.

1 mag is a good option as well though.

All rocket said in the 'patch notes' was that you can hide from them.

Where is this information you have that tells us exactly what that means?

Yes

But remove fixed spawn, make it somewhat random to stop people from spawn camping/griefing.

Also, better loot distribution.

YES

I say this will add a little bit more co op for people just spawning around the coast. It will help people who actually have a gun be more careful with their character instead of just spawn grieving. Obviously will never stop grieving but I think it would help. Adds a tougher experience, the game in actuality is not very hard. Really like the idea but yea starting with less loot will also help bandits camping coast.

NO

Bandits camp the coast for morphine and easy food and drink. Take away morphine, make food and drink more common.

YES

But only on the condition that Makarovs and other handguns spawn more regularly than rifles. Increase the variety of handguns so we can find others with characteristics similar to the makarov. Pistols like revolvers and 1911s can still be rare.

YES

But only if the Makarov is a common handgun in buildings. Otherwise bandits camp the beaches and easily get starter-loot!

Yes!

But as it was pointed out, we cannot be left defenseless! If Melee weapons could be implemented somehow they should be great for taking out other players caught off guard, but terrible for attacking Zeds..

YES

Players should spawn with no gear except bandages (Realistic, ripped cloth). Encourages scavenging and makes instant airfield runs riskier.

NO

Beeing defenseless against any threats is no viable option to enhance the gameplay sir

NO

- Maybe adds some authenticity' date=' who has a handgun at home?[/quote']

I do and so do a lot of people.

I am going to be obnoxious and say YES/NO.

It could work if we had more spawn points, mainly inland. This would also add to the, "where the hell am I" feeling and be very noob unfriendly :). It could also work if the game could have some form of hand to handcombat I.e. a knife or machette/boey knife.

It won't work as is imo because it would just turn into a horrible bandits paradise, meaning any bandit not worth a bullet would just camp the few spawns their was to shit on new spawns day. It also wouldn't work because the spawn rate of some weapons would need to be obnoxiously increased to the point where mack and mags would be everywhere because everyone needs one. Maybe less mags so you have to be resourceful. As is I am a NO.