rocket

20 words or less: Spawning without a weapon

YES

In a real zombie survival:

There will unfortunately be defenseless people running for their lives from a horde. I want to experience this.

There will be evil people who managed to find a weapon, killing people without weapons for any reason. I want to experience this fear.

I want a harder game, when a zombie apocalypse happens, LOTS OF PEOPLE DIE, we need more harsh and ruthless killing (by zombie).

We should be working to get the tools needed to defend ourselves and survive, to defend yourself you're gonna have to sneak around.

I think the only way this would really be great is if we spawned with nothing at all. No pack, no beans, no bandages.

This would make every upgrade that much more rewarding and a more interesting stories to tell how you managed to make your way up the ladder from nothing.

Have any of the people who believe this actually played this Mod? For the guy who needs beans its an invitation to spawn camp. in two weeks ive run across excatly two players who didnt shoot me in the back after droping food for them and leaving. I was no threat. I died.

Have you read this thread? They won't HAVE beans.

They may not start with beans, but they may pick it up before they pick up a gun

Food is not as rare then weapons.

YES

There are concerns about bandits. Let's try it! I like the possibilities the change presents for early gameplay.

YES

IF The Loot Spawns correctly.

WHY Newly spawned players will be encouraged to cooperate, (and live happily thereafter)

IMHO.

YES

Just try it and see. If it sucks, take it out. Honestly, I think it might turn into a trainwreck which would be delicious to watch (but not participate in).

YES

But only if hand-to-hand melee is introduced. Got to have some way of defense at start.

simply:

it's too easy with a handgun right at the beginning with many ammo mags.

please remove it, it will bring more difficulty and a stronger survival need to this game.

YES

Do whatever you want with your game. I think it will be an interesting test but honestly I think you should at least give all starting players a gun with one magazine.

NO

As long as there is no melee attacks, people will be defenseless.

Without gun, i would have grabbed a stick.

revised:

YES

It's an alpha, test it. It would encourage cooperation and a new way to play.

(Last thoughts on the matter.)

Ubiquitous has the right idea. This is an Alpha and it's meant for testing new features. Let's roll this feature out and see how it works, though I do strongly suggest that players start with at least an Empty Water Bottle.

YES.... if....

IF you introduce Melee into the game. I will stab you with my car keys if I need to survive :)

Now that I see the "20 words or less" thing, kind of turns me off to commenting. If your thoughts are summarized in twenty words, you haven't thought about the issue enough. Pandering to the new generation of Twitter idiots, unintentionally of course.

Deleted my originally constructive post.

I like the idea of spawning with just bandages, last week I ran into the ocean glitch were you spawn like 20 minutes from the coast and lose all your main inventory....I swam all the way back and got the chance to start with no weapons and it was tense.

I made a suggestion thread in the past about having a timeout period when you die but I like your idea of spawning with no weapon b/c then like you said people can't just make a run back to were they were shot and kill the person.

Yes

Because it needs to be tried before an informed opinion can be made.

No.

How about spawning with no ammo? Nobody knows for sure how many bullets you have, and they will think twice before engaging.

YES

Combine with Spawn location selection:

Select specific Spawn location = no Weapon.

select Random Spawn location = some food and perhaps a Weapon

Closing the argument, in two words:

SURVIVAL

HORROR

I usually put my balls to bed before playing DayZ, as they are not really needed.

Rocket: I can't see why you thought this to be a retarded idea? Unorthodox, challenging or provocative maybe, but retarded? No.

Spawning without a gun should be a prerequisite in a harsh and unforgiving zombie apocalypse simulator.

To all people whining about this increasing the coastal murders, please read my previous post on the subject:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=10806&pid=99439#pid99439

This is actually an opportunity to verify how much mindless killing is actually taking place.