rocket

20 words or less: Spawning without a weapon

CON:

- It's fucking annoying having to sneak and run around to find a gun (believe me, I just tried it)

Respectfully disagree.

Spawn with map. Much better than gun. When newbies die, hopefully they can find their corpse.

NO

Aggro-ing a single zombie, getting up to run away, and alerting a whole group gets frustrating after a while.

Edited by Hooveh

No.

At least give new players a crowbar. Skill level starts off high and decreases as you play, need end game.

- Maybe adds some authenticity, who has a handgun at home?

Since the character is a sort of mindless psyco killer, or an ex soldier, because he can't feel no psycological drawbacks about killing 1 or 10 or 100 survivors, i think he already have one (maybe a rifle too).

But NO, i want to have NOTHING at start, it's cool as it is now.

Why do people still post here? Does my YES (spaning without is a good thing) still count?

Spawn without weapon: NO

Cherno is zombie land, the virus has spread for weeks...and the survivors survived all that without any meaning of defending themselves? Either give them a pistol, a melee weapon OR - if doable - their bare fists to fight back. If survivors don't have SOME way to defend themselves from the start, there's no way they would BE survivors until now.

Very good idea, I actually have bonded with fellow survivors while having nothing and it adds a frantic "oh shit" element to things.

However for literally new to this game, new guys, I would say a baseball bat would be nice and some food / can of drink. That's the bare minimum shit someone would grab when leaving the house.

The game is MUCH better now that you spawn with NO weapon.

I have tons of fun starting over and having to go find a weapon. Its not super hard to find a weapon so I think starting with one is just a bit silly.

KEEP IT AS IS!

the only chance you have to find someone to group with(at least until they shoot you in the back later) is becasue you spawn with no weapon, churno used to be litterally a constant cacophony of makarov's, it made any wildwest movie youve ever seen seem tame

be glad they are gone your chance to actually make it into town in one piece unshot rose 98%, your chance of getting out the other end is only slightly better though lol

The game is MUCH better now that you spawn with NO weapon.

I have tons of fun starting over and having to go find a weapon. Its not super hard to find a weapon so I think starting with one is just a bit silly.

KEEP IT AS IS!

This.

Yes

I think spawning without a gun adds better feeling to hardcore gameplay and atmosphere

As a new player, here's my thoughts:

I love spawning without a weapon, it creates a really intense immersion and right from the beginning, you know how bad your circumstances are. When you're unarmed and catch a glimpse of another player, your heart stops and there's pure panic as you scramble to gtfo. Even running into zombies is terrifying.

not if you dont have anything on you there is no monetary gain besides just killing to kill and most people dont do that

Never has a quote become more true...

I hope it doesn't, but if the mod ever goes back to having players spawn with a weapon, there is only one real choice. A truly iconic anti-zombie weapon, and yet one so common every player could logically have one from the very beginning:

CAST-IRON FRYING PAN.

PLANG!

Edited by jonahcutter
  • Like 2

NO

this game is way to hard to find a weapon for new players and without fists or kicking its inpossible...

Please add a gun with maybe 2 mags back please! I would like to enjoy this game if not I just wasted $23...

Yes.

But there should be a melee weapon slot so it's easily accessible and shouldn't take up a rifle/pistol slot.

It's a pain in the ass to switch back and forth from axe to gun and so forth. Or lower the amount of slots a gun takes up in your bag.

Spawning without a weapon:

Giving it toes, dodging zombies, logging out to lose agro, hoping that barn has a weapon.

Spawning with a weapon:

Don't shoot mother fucker, don't shoot, don't shoot. Waiting for them to turn around then head shot.

YES

Spawning with no weapon has led to some of my most interesting and challenging game time plus a sense of relief when I do find one. Weapons are not too hard to find, people need a little patience when starting.

"But we need to defend ourselves"....face it, that sniper/bandit will drop you anyway regardless of your pop gun.

Edited by Ben_C

YES.

I really like the tension of the first minutes. What I would like though would be a way to get the zombies of your back when your unarmed.

How about a way to shove the zombies away from you? Ideally you could make the zombies fall on their backs when you shove them so you have an extra second to get away

Yes.

But there should be a melee weapon slot so it's easily accessible and shouldn't take up a rifle/pistol slot.

It's a pain in the ass to switch back and forth from axe to gun and so forth. Or lower the amount of slots a gun takes up in your bag.

Whole-heartedly agree about there being a melee slot. I don't care if it makes sense or not. This is a zombie game, and I feel like I should always have an axe at hand without having to sacrifice heavier firepower for use against the ever-growing population of human assholes that need dealing with.

I'm fine with not starting with a weapon, though. It really, really sucks for first-timers, but once you figure out what to do to get geared up it's little more than an annoying hassle. I do, however, think that every player should start with some randomized equipment. I think each player that spawns should receive one random tool (be it matches, map, compass, etc.) in addition to the flashlight.

I also feel that, in addition to the current starting equipment (which I believe is a bandage and painkillers), players should begin a new spawn with two or three random pieces of gear. This could be anything from early-game ammo (for say the Makarov or a shotgun) to canteens to food. I do think rarer items like blood packs, morphine, and grenades should be excluded for the obvious reason that a normal person wouldn't be carrying them around when the zombie apocalypse hit. You could probably make the same argument for the ammo, but ammo for the lower-tier weapons is so prevalent that it's not a huge issue, whereas blood packs and morphine are more rare and prized.

The reason I feel that players should start with a bit more gear is that unarmed players are already a target for all the bandits out there. Pretty much everyone that plays this game shoots first and asks questions later. Might as well add some purpose to it by giving fresh spawns some decent items to be picked off of their corpses.

Edited by Black Dow

YES

Give me a melee weapon to start and this would be awesome. Being 100% defenseless against a sole zombie is a bummer.