rocket

20 words or less: Spawning without a weapon

Some people just want to come home from a hard day's work and point their imaginary gun at things and shoot them. I don't think it should be made that much harder for them to do so.

No problem with starting gun/ zomb range because can outrun and lose them in building.

Also if lurks enough, weapon comes easy.

Some people just want to come home from a hard day's work and point their imaginary gun at things and shoot them. I don't think it should be made that much harder for them to do so.

Then don't play a simulator. I don't agree with the patch, but your argument is invalid as fuck here.

No gun makes finding first items really cool.

No gun at the same time as super-hearing and super-sight zombies that you can no longer lose by hiding, = not fun.

Love it. Adds an extra early game phase to the game. Found myself chatting with other new spawns more than ever.

Yes and No

Good-Stopping people shooting each other at the get-go.

Bad-Noobs are crawling into town and getting shot without defence.

NO

It's not good due to the zombie super-sight.

I think a good way to manage this is to give at least a melee crowd bar :)

NO

but i would reduce the amaount of ammunition at the start to 1 mag, or give us a knife or similar to defense from zed's.

" - Maybe adds some authenticity, who has a handgun at home? "

who hasn't a knife at home ? :-D

EDIT: y people doesnt understand this ... put YES AND NO on the BEGINNING of the POST !!!!!! Goddamn it ...

Hear me out...

It's one of the most intriguing suggestions I've seen. I considered it right at the start of the project. With the new zombie line-of-sight calculations and the ability to loose them' date=' this might actually work

PRO:

- People spawning in can't quickly get into griefing

- Recovering your old loot becomes difficult and risky

- Add's a whole new element and gameplay at the start

- Maybe adds some authenticity, who has a handgun at home?

CON:

- It's [i']fucking annoying having to sneak and run around to find a gun (believe me, I just tried it)

- You can spawn many times before you actually have a life that finds a weapon

- Hackers, for the moment, will reveille in this change until their loopholes are closed

In twenty words or less, formatted with YES or NO in caps the line above, say your thoughts on trying this out

For the sake of efficiency, I will delete all posts that don't follow the above exactly, or don't add anything to the argument. It's not a poll, its a discussion. If you don't have anything to ADD then please don't post.

NO

Will come back after several months. It took 7 words to express how I feel about this debilitating patch.

I wouldn't mind starting without a weapon if stealth wasn't so utterly borked in the latest versions, at the moment I'm having to run past any decent loot I find because I've usually got an army of zeds on my arse.

NO

There should be some way to defend yourself against a random zombie or two when you first spawn.

Right now, that's the Makarov. I'd prefer a 2X4, but melee isn't in the game.

- Maybe adds some authenticity' date=' who has a handgun at home?

[/quote']

NO.

More than you think. lol

YES

It's much more exciting this way. Leave it.

Yes. I think it's perfect. The newcomers seem to like it as well.

by the way you would probably be suprised at how many americans have guns in their home.

NO

its just not been fun being unable to defend yourself,you are easy pickings for other players that have found a weapon

only option u have with zombies is running away

NO

-People with guns still kill you, no matter if you are a threat or not

-Maybe you find a gun, fine, but you don't have ammo for it...

-Unrealistic...everybody would take ANYTHING that could be used as a weapon as quickly as possible....if not fists then a piece of wood, piece of metal, frying pan, microwave....as soon as you pull only 1 Zombie, you can respawn, because you HAVE to run away and you WILL attract other Zombies by running away...it's really frustrating to be defenseless.