rocket

20 words or less: Spawning without a weapon

NO

I like having a gun to defend myself against players. Id be annoyed if I was sneaking i about and someone shot at me and I could do nothing except lose my progress for a few beans. If this IS implimented id like a way for 'stalkers' to easily identify who is weaponless and decide to let them pass because they dont have anything worth killing for. Perhaps a new skin until you start collecting stuff or your player has existed for X amount of hours?

But is there a way to test it without ruining the game for X amount of days if it turns out bad?

yes

I don't like tomcats spawn timer idea but it does need melee. I personally keep guns at home but who says your guy was at home when Z-day went down?

NO

It increases the learning curve for new players.

YES

It IMPROVES the learning curve for new players, they learn to sneak instead of shoot.

NO

Quote: "It's FUCKING annoying having to sneak and run around to find a gun"

I know' date=' just like its FUCKING annoying to have to find a larger backpack, knife, matches, binoculars, rifle, drinks, food, tent, vehicle etc. Sooooooooo boring. They should give us that shit at the start.

I think no.

I'm not worried about bandit vs survivor, as the trigger happy shoot on sight guys will continue to do so, whether or not the target is armed, so I don't think this would impact that.

I'm more concerned about zed vs survivor.

If a new player accidentally attracts even a single zombie, with no way to fight back, that character is essentially done. You either have to run, and run, and run, hoping someone else saves you or you find a gun and somehow manage to loot it before getting eaten (unlikely, and chances are you would have a horde on you by then, so it wouldn't help anyways), or you die/respawn and try again.

That said... if the AI of Zeds does change to where you are able to shake them off you, and that dynamic actually works, then MAYBE this would work.

My preference though, would be to start with a mak and, say, 1 mag of ammo. That makes you think very carefully about firing your weapon, but still allows you to still defend yourself (somewhat) in an emergency... but one botched encounter, and you could be out of ammo.

NO

Realistically I don't know anyone who doesn't have at least 1 fire arm in their house.

Also adding Melee would make this mod just that much more amazing since in a ZA youd run outa ammo and get to bashing sooner or later.

Let me guess, United States, Texas? Or any other middle of US state of residence?

I can assure you that even on the coasts of US, and especially in Europe a LOT of families dont own a single firearm.

Statistics for US, about 10 years back, were that US has enough firearms to arm every child to senior citizen with two sidearms and a long gun. But that doesnt mean that all people actually have that.

Myself, i have 7 long guns and two hand guns, some of my friends have just one or two long guns, most of my friends have NO guns.

In Europe, the gun control is MUCH more strict, so most people actually dont have access to firearms.

You cant generalize to this extend just because the people you know all have firearms, you have to get samples from more than just one location ;)

NO

Realistically I don't know anyone who doesn't have at least 1 fire arm in their house.

Also adding Melee would make this mod just that much more amazing since in a ZA youd run outa ammo and get to bashing sooner or later.

Let me guess' date=' United States, Texas? Or any other middle of US state of residence?

I can assure you that even on the coasts of US, and especially in Europe a LOT of families dont own a single firearm.

Statistics for US, about 10 years back, were that US has enough firearms to arm every child to senior citizen with two sidearms and a long gun. But that doesnt mean that all people actually have that.

Myself, i have 7 long guns and two hand guns, some of my friends have just one or two long guns, most of my friends have NO guns.

In Europe, the gun control is MUCH more strict, so most people actually dont have access to firearms.

You cant generalize to this extend just because the people you know all have firearms, you have to get samples from more than just one location ;)

[/quote']

Over there they teach 'creationism' in schools, you can't expect the man to actually think.

I'm for the No Weapon but night game would need something to help players to get this to work.

Side note-

As for Melee Weapons, do you think they will really save you from a group of zombies. If your using a Melee weapon you better have one Zed or your Dead.

"You cant generalize to this extend just because the people you know all have firearms, you have to get samples from more than just one location Wink"

^good post

"Over there they teach 'creationism' in schools, you can't expect the man to actually think."

^dipshit

But mostly I wanted to endorse the one mag in the starting Makarov idea an earlier poster had if it is decided to keep the handgun at the start, even people who do have a concealed carry license only carry one or two magazines.

YES

Make it random, dont ALWAYS spawn without a gun. You said yourself not everybody owns a handgun.

YES BUT...

Why not give us flashlight instead of handgun?

Flashlight with two batteries for everyone!!!

No.

Would just feed the coast PKers (they aren't killing for makarovs and makarov ammo, I'll tell you that).

However, possibly lower starting items to makarov/1 clip ammo, 1 bandage, 1 can beans, 1 canteen.

Yes

Or randomise the starting equipment out of a selection of basic items (Torch, gun, backpack, map, watch, compass, binos.)

YES

It is more fun than killing wild game in the forest,

because man is the most dangerous animal of all.

YES.

Why? Because I don't need to explain myself because everyone else already has.

I'm still for No on the no Weapon thing, but some things to consider...

If Zombies were more evade-able after they've spotted you (like you would be able to barely outrun or hide from them), maybe make it so that your starting gear is randomized. Sometimes a few cnas of beans, sometimes some water. maybe just a gun...

YES

Not sure if it is possible, but to get around issues people have about being helpless at spawn, could unarmed players be able to run a lot faster. They could outrun bandits, zombies etc. As soon as they pick up a weapon they slow down to normal rates. (Picking up heavier stuff already slows a player down.)

NO, most definitely NO!

you're weak enough as it is when you spawn. and the argument "who has a handgun at home" also applies to "how has morphine auto injector at home?". but taking away everything "unrealistic" is just to much.

YES

1) very vulnerable, more fear;

2) you'll have to play smart to stay alive;

3) finding your 1st weapon will be so much joy!