ChernoPTA

1.7.3 - Lets Wipe the Hive

Lets Wipe The Hive  

937 members have voted

1. 1. Should we wipe the Hive for 1.7.3?

• Yes
    • No

How about No? After achieving THIS:

arma2oa2012-09-0213-41-19-308.jpg

Losing all of my progress to some update would be complete horseshit. If this happens, I'm done with DayZ. I will stop playing and never play again.

54 days and only an ak 74?

How about No? After achieving THIS:

arma2oa2012-09-0213-41-19-308.jpg

Losing all of my progress to some update would be complete horseshit. If this happens, I'm done with DayZ. I will stop playing and never play again.

Hold tight. 54 days. No murders or bandit kills. 3100 humanity. So that's what, a few hours of play time? Correct me if I am wrong, but have you been logged out a lot lately?

• Like 1

NUKE IT FROM ORBIT

Edited by FrostDMG

To the guys saying no, you will lose all your stuff when the standalone comes out anyway, so where's the problem?

I agree it would be devestating to lose +40,000 humanity for me as I die almost every day working for it, but I'll take the hit for the greater good of wiping the multitude of hacked weapons and stopping the monotomy of people just gearing up at the randoms tents full of gear within 500m of any spawn point.

Perma-Death has absolutly no meaning right now for 80% of players in the game, you have to bring that back for this to succeed in it's intended form.

Plus, most people with over 100 days survived have 2 accounts and only log-in on the second account once a week for 20 seconds, I don't think people deserve to be at the top of the leaderboard for that.

Voted Yes, and agree a wipe should happen each update.

Edited by AnnieGYG
  • Like 1

It's pretty much pointless to do this before the exploiting and hacking is fixed -- that is to say, before the standalone. Unless they actually fixed this without breaking Arma 2.

Resetting the hive at this point will only serve to reset legitimate players, while hackers and exploiters will have even more of a field day slaughtering those who prefer getting items the way it's intended.

tl;dr yes but only if exploiting and hacking is fixed.

Duping is easily disabled by adding a disconnect timer, but hacking? Somehow I doubt that will be fixed before the standalone.

I voted for YES, but on the condition that hackers are dealt with, I think the only reason so many people are playing just now with such rampant hacking is because they know they can get their stuff back after a hacker attack..

once the tents get fixed hacker deaths are going to sting a lot more than they do right now and could push a lot of people away from the game, its actually why I think they have been reluctant to fix it

wipe it every 5 days

So it's impossible to make any kind of progress in the game... N1, brainiac.

Please wipe it! just found a gun farm with 12 tents.

This game suddenly got boring when i have 5 AS50's with 30 mags :/

L85A2 for spotting, M4 acog silenced for close encounters & a AS50 for some long distance sniping.... i guess all i can do now is go to cherno & destroy bandits....

Damn, I finally have a can of MD. Heh seriously though, I wouldnt mind a reset. Especially if it can get rid of the lots of hacked in items floating around and silly stock piles of overly powerful weapons.

All functional tents are un/intentionally duping factories. Having tents that produce NVGs/GPS/DMRs/M4SD/AMMO/Coyotes at every server restart, trivialize the game completely and defeats player persistency.

Wipe tents from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

• Like 1

After playing on a private hive server last night, I am totally for this. It was the most fun my buddy and I have had playing this game in a long time. All of a sudden, a shotgun, winchester, or enfield are amazing finds again! Running into people, it was not an instant "shoot first" scenario EVERY time!

• Like 2

100% agree with this.

A complete stats reset is what's needed. It's the ONLY way to make sure all the hacked in and duped items are deleted.

But please please make sure the tent/duping bugs are 100% fixed. Please for the love of god! Rare should mean just that.

Yes please, do a complete reset! It's way overdue by now. There's probably quite a few people having gotten their weapon in a fair way, with actually looting it from helicopter crashes and whatnot, but most of these weapons have also overlived their time by the simple fact that the ammo has been replenished with every relog, thus making them not being discarded in favour of a weapon with more ammo. Your weapon is only as good as the amount of ammo you have for it.

once the tents get fixed hacker deaths are going to sting a lot more than they do right now

Currently, hacker deaths mean nothing. A hacker can use god mode, and spawn a weapon crate with 50x of every gun in the game.

Fixing tents will stop the Insane duping situation that exists now. Yes, people will still dupe and hack. But right now anyone who stores anything can dupe, and that's what's so borked right now.

to clarify - people duping, wether intentionally or no, are not hackers.

It's pretty much pointless to do this before the exploiting and hacking is fixed -- that is to say, before the standalone. Unless they actually fixed this without breaking Arma 2.

Resetting the hive at this point will only serve to reset legitimate players, while hackers and exploiters will have even more of a field day slaughtering those who prefer getting items the way it's intended.

tl;dr yes but only if exploiting and hacking is fixed.

Duping is easily disabled by adding a disconnect timer, but hacking? Somehow I doubt that will be fixed before the standalone.

Hacking won't even be fixed in the stand alone. While Rocket will definitely design a more tightly controlled client to server system which doesn't allow for remote script execution, thats really not the only way to "hack", and my standing bet far as the stand alone goes is that it'll be hack free for about two weeks, then there will be hacks there, too.

Simple facts are, all online games have hacks, and no one has ever designed an online game that couldn't be exploited or hacked in some manner.

this game is frankly way more interesting and engaging when you're brand new, if everyone goes back to "zero" things will be way more interesting than they are now. I laugh at all of you crying at the thought of loosing your gear. If the gear is what makes you lethal then I pity you. My experience, knowledge & friends are what make me lethal... the rest are just tools to help get the job done.

It won't do a thing, except delay the high tier loot by a day or two while hackers bring in new loot cans and farmers start duping NVG, RF, AS50, Coyote packs and other high tier loot. By the end of the week, it would be like the wipe never happened. Then what, people start petitioning for weekly wipes and our 'persistent' game is no longer persistent. In any event, the mod is 'dead', I'm waiting for the standalone.