ChernoPTA

1.7.3 - Lets Wipe the Hive

Lets Wipe The Hive  

937 members have voted

1. 1. Should we wipe the Hive for 1.7.3?

• Yes
    • No

So I guess I am gonna loose my SVD, l85, NVG, Rangefinders, Ghilisuit... (The list goes on.) I See why people want to wipe the hive, but it sucks for people who worked hard to earn the stuff :/

• Like 1

As long as the duplication glitches are fixed in 1.7.3, I'm for it. Otherwise high-value items will just be duplicated again and I'd be sacrificing my near 50,000 positive humanity for nothing.

After some weeks of private hive only, playing on official servers was just sad. I found 6 or so tents yesterday in literally 3 buildings in elektro. They were indeed empty but I found it weird(they were 3/4 in the wall too). 10 minutes later my friend finds 4 of the 7 players on the server, all had AS50, ghillie etc.. Obviously he gets killed and so do I 15 minutes later when they get to elektro and snipe me. I hate that damn gun, it ruins the game for me. It should be exclusively 1-2 per server. I don't want to see 10 people with AS50's anymore. I don't care how they got them, legit or not.

Hi,

can someone explain what "wipe the hive" means? I´m not a native english speaker and don´t understand it well. Is it basically to kill all players and restart all vehicles/tents? Why?

Edited by Mitor

Hi,

can someone explain what "wipe the hive" means? I´m not a native english speaker and don´t understand it well. Is it basically to kill all players and restart all vehicles/tents? Why?

"wipe the hive" means to delete all entries in the database where everything is saved. So basically: all vehicles will be reset and all players killed, yes. And all the people want that because in the 1.7.2-patches where many bugs which basically meant that you can put a thing in your tent, save it and get it out again. When the server restarts you will have 2 of the same item. So you can double ghillie suits, AS50, LWS... all high gear loot. Get one and you have as much as you want.

So everybody now get easy high gear and the survive-fun is gone... get it?

Ok, i agree with the part of the tent wipe, since that is just a pile up of gear. But the character wipe, i don't really agree 100% on it. Because it's not just an issue of backtracking to where you went before since all loot is randomly generated, so you might not get the same gear as you had before. Example being the L85, which was removed form the game that i spend 3 days looking for it, and got from a dead player.

Ok, i agree with the part of the tent wipe, since that is just a pile up of gear. But the character wipe, i don't really agree 100% on it. Because it's not just an issue of backtracking to where you went before since all loot is randomly generated, so you might not get the same gear as you had before. Example being the L85, which was removed form the game that i spend 3 days looking for it, and got from a dead player.

why does that mean you should keep it when it has been removed though?

Screw you guys. I worked hard to get my current gear, I don't play with a tent or vehicle for storage on public hives because I don't settle down in one server, to often my craps gone from past experiences when I return a few days later - and the one tent that kept going crazy I ran over every time I came across it, having unlimited gear makes the game boring... All thats on my back was taken from looting, besides a few bandits that ended up having a long day after pop'in shots my way (current character is only 3 days old and I don't want to spend another 3 days again because YOU GUYS admit to using and abusing bugs.). I found my SAW in a loot spot, and found my M4 SD in a loot spot. Why should I have to give it up because others have been abusing bugs - need I remind FOR A ALPHA PHASED PRODUCT. Leaving this amount of CRAP on the servers for statistical review in my opinion could even help to stress test long term settings for the standalone, given that people still use tents and don't just dig in the ground...

Wipe the tents, wipe the vehicles - fine.. whats the big issue with letting players keep the current gear they have? If they die someone else down the line will take it, if duping still is not possible, or perhaps they will have it already and just hide your useless bodies. ;)

At this point of the game, just because you've vehicle whored and established yourself and want that fresh "Damn I need matches" feeling - doesn't mean a none abusive player such as myself should suffer a reset. I will state again - before you set up your 120 and 81 mortar flame cannons in my direction - I SUPPORT A TENT/VEHICLE WIPE.

I'll be the black sheep. Zero F's Given. :D

Edited by Reaper 3