ChernoPTA

1.7.3 - Lets Wipe the Hive

Lets Wipe The Hive  

937 members have voted

1. 1. Should we wipe the Hive for 1.7.3?

• Yes
    • No

Don't be so hasty. Treat the disease, not the symptoms. You don't give a guy pepto bismol when he's shitting himself and puking on your shoes. You give him a bucket and wait until Monday when the doctor's office opens so he can get an appointment and a diagnosis.

/s

No, but seriously, wipe the hive. Fuck, get rid of storage and see how gameplay changes. That'll stop duping. :)

Don't be so hasty. Treat the disease, not the symptoms. You don't give a guy pepto bismol when he's shitting himself and puking on your shoes. You give him a bucket and wait until Monday when the doctor's office opens so he can get an appointment and a diagnosis.

/s

No, but seriously, wipe the hive. Fuck, get rid of storage and see how gameplay changes. That'll stop duping. :)

no it wont

go to different server -> making clothing dupe backup

play on w/e server you want. if you die you have multiple backups waiting for you.

or have a friend dupe his gear

have someone who doesnt play anymore to hold gear and whenever you die get him to dupe you it back.

when you take tent duping out people will look for a new way. once they find clothing shit will be 10x worse than tent

Edited by Buffjesus

Yes. Wipe. (I'll mention removing tents again, too).

Just put some pressure on the wound until the ambulance gets here.

I'm all in for the hive wipe. I don't even care if I lose my legit Coyote backpack, M107 and FN FAL AN/PVS-4.

And for all those saying that "this wouldn't change a thing, hackers would just script everything back", just think about it. If the hive wipe happens, all the KNOWN player camps will be gone. I personally know a few people (including myself) who went occasionally to a campsite they knew of and grabbed a pair of AS50's, Coyote backpacks etc. After the hive wipe, they wouldn't have any known tents to grab a weapon, it would basically force those people to find their loot legit. At least for a couple of weeks.

Edited by HavokFI

An 85% majority so far. Thats a rare thing in a community like this.

So far, sounds like most people think its high time for it.

If 1.7.3 actually fixes tents, wipe it.

Otherwise, leave it. It'll just hurt the legit players and the dupers will be back to normal in a week or less.

Yes.

I look forward to the invasion of unarmed newbs upon Chernarus's shores. Let the fistfights over beans begin.

Yes.

I look forward to the invasion of unarmed newbs upon Chernarus's shores. Let the fistfights over beans begin.

Geez just give me the ability to have a fist fight, while we're at it. Why can't I give someone a knuckle sandwich and conk them out cold like a zed does rather than having to kill people all the time?

Sorry, completely off topic there.

Hell yea!

First of many wipes to come.

I'd be good with weekly wipes as modus operandi during alpha.

All for the wipe. Getting tired of dieing and running back to a fully stocked tent. And items have been duped so many times people are practically giving it away, earlier today I spawn in Kamenka and found a tent on the beach with an M4A1 CCO SD, AS50, AS50 TWS, L85 AWS, and a M107, satchels, grenades, and 5 NVGS + Rangefinders.

All for the wipe. Getting tired of dieing and running back to a fully stocked tent. And items have been duped so many times people are practically giving it away, earlier today I spawn in Kamenka and found a tent on the beach with an M4A1 CCO SD, AS50, AS50 TWS, L85 AWS, and a M107, satchels, grenades, and 5 NVGS + Rangefinders.

Yeah but when you think about it I think Kamenka is probably the safest place to store your loot cause all anyone does when they get to Kamenka is go "AWW MAN KAMENKA WTF?" and run off and feed themselves to a zombie horde to try to get a spawn closer to the center.

Tuck a few tents west of Kamenka and its likely no one will ever find them. Well...til now that I've mentioned it.

Too much agreement in this thread, what about my duped satchel stash. How will I ever replace my 8 NVG. Has anyone thought of that, how inconsiderate.

no it wont

go to different server -> making clothing dupe backup

play on w/e server you want. if you die you have multiple backups waiting for you.

or have a friend dupe his gear

have someone who doesnt play anymore to hold gear and whenever you die get him to dupe you it back.

when you take tent duping out people will look for a new way. once they find clothing shit will be 10x worse than tent

I hate this dupe because it got me killed earlier. I am so used to seeing this that I see a guy standing with a sniper rifle and as I am running he doesn't move at all, I walk up thinking it is another player dupe and he shoots me right in the face.

Stop hinting at how it is done, the less people who know the better.

Theres not much point in doing it unless BI starts detecting weapon/ammo scripting and Rocket fixes the duping. Also they need to make BI latest detections mandatory on hive servers because there isn't much point if some servers are allowing scripting of UAZs full off weapons and ammo whilst others aren't.

Theres always a point to a fresh start.

What there is never a point to is apathy.

I hate this dupe because it got me killed earlier. I am so used to seeing this that I see a guy standing with a sniper rifle and as I am running he doesn't move at all, I walk up thinking it is another player dupe and he shoots me right in the face.

Stop hinting at how it is done, the less people who know the better.

they can only have pistols out lol :P

To everyone saying that hackers will just respawn their gear and you will not have a standing chance against them without your current duped gear.

If the hackers want you dead, you are dead. They can kill you with a command, without any weapons at all.

You do not have a fighting chance anyway, so why not enjoy legit gameplay while you can?

I voted yes. A hive wipe would make me and my friends play again.

How about No? After achieving THIS:

arma2oa2012-09-0213-41-19-308.jpg

Losing all of my progress to some update would be complete horseshit. If this happens, I'm done with DayZ. I will stop playing and never play again.

• Like 1

Props to the guy above surviving 54 days. But overall, wipe the tents. My campsites are respawning full of AS 50s, Ghillies, NVGS, etc. I can re-gear any time I need to, and it shouldn't be that way. Wipe the hive of ALL tents, and let people keep what they have on their person. At the same time, fix the duping tents, otherwise this will happen all over again.

• Like 1