SurvivalServers (DayZ)

Game Server Hosting by SurvivalServers.com *** INSTANT SETUP | CUSTOM CP | FTP | CUSTOM MODS | ANTI-HACK **

Take your time... I ordered one last evening.... Rather have it right than rushed :beans:

i have a question for anyone here who can awnser it.

(sorry for my english)

whats the best server to take?

1-Public Hive

2-Private Hive

3- Private Community Hive

i wanna play with friends sometimes (locked server) and be able to open it so everyone can play in!

(i dont really know alot so sorry to bother u with those questions)

Private hive is really the only way to fully enjoy Dayz. Not only do you have the password protection but you also get access to the server files so that you can get in there and really make the server your own. Rent a Private hive server through SS and Run with it, trust me you'll never look back.

So the private hive or the private hive community ?

thanks btw

What changes are included in v3.5 other than the Whitelist removal? I can't find any information on it.

So the private hive or the private hive community ?

thanks btw

Private hive will have the most freedom, although we will be releasing rMod on both the private and community private hive's.

What changes are included in v3.5 other than the Whitelist removal? I can't find any information on it.

We will let you know more information upon release tonight!

Quick question, me and some friends would like to host a community server so that it doesn't just end up being us playing around in our own private server. Lets say a hacker comes in, is there any way to roll back to changes made to the database (say an hour, day, etc) to undo any damage that was done by them? Can the database be manually backed up through phpmyadmin and restored and still have everything function as normal?

Thanks

*edit*

I guess after thinking about it, that can't be done with a community server, because there is only one database. On a private hive server, we could do as described above, but not community, correct?

Edited by dfo

But whats the difference between the community 1 and the private

Quick question, me and some friends would like to host a community server so that it doesn't just end up being us playing around in our own private server. Lets say a hacker comes in, is there any way to roll back to changes made to the database (say an hour, day, etc) to undo any damage that was done by them? Can the database be manually backed up through phpmyadmin and restored and still have everything function as normal?

Thanks

*edit*

I guess after thinking about it, that can't be done with a community server, because there is only one database. On a private hive server, we could do as described above, but not community, correct?

You can have a private hive that shows up publicly. I run a private server but people are still able to see the server in the list. So there is no limitations on a private/hive server.

But whats the difference between the community 1 and the private

The community one is shared between multiple servers which makes it easy for people to cheat. You can log off on one server and log on to another server in the same spot on a community server. So if you know where something good spawns and you don't find it on one server then you can just log of and log on to another server with the community hive. On a Private Hive you can't do all that. When you log on to a private hive all your items and gear are only on that server. If you log on to another server you will not carry any of those items with you. More and more people are switching to private hives because it's just a better experience. I'm not sure who's idea the public hive was but for video games it's a horrible idea, imo.

The community one is shared between multiple servers which makes it easy for people to cheat. You can log off on one server and log on to another server in the same spot on a community server. So if you know where something good spawns and you don't find it on one server then you can just log of and log on to another server with the community hive. On a Private Hive you can't do all that. When you log on to a private hive all your items and gear are only on that server. If you log on to another server you will not carry any of those items with you. More and more people are switching to private hives because it's just a better experience. I'm not sure who's idea the public hive was but for video games it's a horrible idea, imo.

so.. if i get a ''private hive', i can put a password And play with friends but i cannot make it public? right

Update! We're working on finishing up Bliss today. We've decided it's not fair to force people to update to v3.5. This is why we did not release it last night, lots of negative feedback on our decision.

If you want to stay on v3.4 and *KEEP* whitelisting you can just choose not to update it from TC Admin. You just will not be able to use the new maps if you stay with v3.4.

Orders should be still on the 24 hour plan but some tickets may take another 12-24 hours during this Bliss update. Don't worry, this is only temporary as we catch up on a ton of work here. This includes some responses on the forum.

Update! We're working on finishing up Bliss today. We've decided it's not fair to force people to update to v3.5. This is why we did not release it last night, lots of negative feedback on our decision.

If you want to stay on v3.4 and *KEEP* whitelisting you can just choose not to update it from TC Admin. You just will not be able to use the new maps if you stay with v3.4.

Orders should be still on the 24 hour plan but some tickets may take another 12-24 hours during this Bliss update. Don't worry, this is only temporary as we catch up on a ton of work here. This includes some responses on the forum.

1 Question for you.

Fully Managed - We'll setup your server, change time zone, update (Arma2 beta patch, DayZ version, Battleye, Hive version), and all server variables $5.00 USD

what do you mean by server variables?

and if i want to install them myself is it long and hard? or u can show me

If you would like to edit your PBO files and add bases and buildings to your map I have take info from the web and created a guide to help you accomplish this task. I have edited my own files and now have a working Admin base on my server. It's pretty cool.

http://www.zombieapocalypsegaming.com/forum/m/7138584/viewthread/4539899-adding-new-buildings-in-dayz/page/1

Since its now been 2 days since a ticket was placed and no response yet, i wanna know the estimated response time for a ticket atm.

And also to warn others atm. to NOT rent a server from survivalservers untill they get their act together, seems they spend more time talking on this forum, then solving problems on their end.

If you would like to edit your PBO files and add bases and buildings to your map I have take info from the web and created a guide to help you accomplish this task. I have edited my own files and now have a working Admin base on my server. It's pretty cool.

http://www.zombieapo...-in-dayz/page/1

do people have to download the new pbo?

Since its now been 2 days since a ticket was placed and no response yet, i wanna know the estimated response time for a ticket atm.

And also to warn others atm. to NOT rent a server from survivalservers untill they get their act together, seems they spend more time talking on this forum, then solving problems on their end.

Dropy, we posted earlier today that we are very busy right now.

We about to release 2 new maps and a few new features, all of this stuff takes lots of testing and time.

We are doing 1-bliss 3.5 update, 2-Finishing inserting custom vehicles into the database for rMod, 3-filling tons of new orders, 4-answering tickets. 5- making new custom spawn locations for utes.

Your ticket will be responded to shortly, please understand that we are doing all of these updates to provide you and all of our customers with a better gaming experience!

We usually respond to tickets very fast, and we will be all caught up again shortly. Thank you for your patience!

Edited by SurvivalServers
  • Like 1

Bliss 3.5 and rMod release will be tonight!

UPDATE: We about to release 2 new maps and a few new features, this takes lots of testing and time.

We are doing 1-bliss 3.5 update, 2-Finishing inserting custom vehicles into the database for rMod, 3-filling tons of new orders, 4-answering tickets. 5- making new custom spawn locations for utes.

All tickets will be responded to shortly, please understand that we are doing all of these updates to provide all of our customers with a better gaming experience!

Thank you for your patience!

Edited by SurvivalServers

Yes all players have to have the modified file.

Incorrect. All users have to have the mission file but it automatically downloads when you join any server so it's not anything you have to worry about. All your users will still be able to join your server without doing anything special.

• Like 1

do people have to download the new pbo?

When they join the server they will automatically download the new mission file. It works great and when you put something in the world it works. We placed some gas tanks and water wells and you could re supply fuel and water.

• Like 1

Incorrect. All users have to have the mission file but it automatically downloads when you join any server so it's not anything you have to worry about. All your users will still be able to join your server without doing anything special.

Interesting. Well that clears it up. Thanks for the correction!

so.. if i get a ''private hive', i can put a password And play with friends but i cannot make it public? right

You can make it Public. Having a private hive has nothing to do with your server being public or private, that's up to you.