domistyle

DaRT - A Lightweight DayZ (and ArmA) RCon Tool (v2.1 | 11/10/2015)

Getting a lot of our clients to start using your program. So far they love it

using it myself now too, VERY good.

however. if not mentiond yet.

maybe fix the auto refresh alittle. i get reported about spam in the chat section.

please dont spam ... wait for.. seconds

maybe even remove the autorefresh text aswel like

refreshing players..

X players online

takes alot of space in the chatlog.

Edited by Wo3dy

bump. not gonna let this usefull tool sit behind rubbish topics

Ok, I tried this today. Two problems, it either kicked or disconnected everyone off the server (tried on all three) and it seems to hog the RCON port.

I remember a time with Sawyer saying none would use it when I said we should release it as a component on the internet....

Well done :).

give us an update mate :P

getting DaRT crashes now time to time.

Instead of calling players and parsing the response over and over we actually only

call it once and as the log messages come in look for disconnects/kicks/joins and handle the player

list accordingly. This would help with people getting disconnected from rcon.

Looking very slick. Keep up the good work. :)

Edited by CheeseMelon

Mine auto-disconnects before it can read the bans.txt or players. No idea why. :(

Instead of calling players and parsing the response over and over we actually only

call it once and as the log messages come in look for disconnects/kicks/joins and handle the player

list accordingly. This would help with people getting disconnected from rcon.

Looking very slick. Keep up the good work. :)

Thats exactly why i created a Forum account for, that´s the same idea i had over the last days!

The xy connects / disconnects Messages apear as they happen (+ the GUID BE check..)

So, it would be great to keep the userlist live by parsing the connects / disconnects.

Sometimes "Someone" is joing, named 1 oder Ali Spamming a Global Message in i "THINK" russian, and immediatly disconnects, thats to fast to alt+tab clicking F5 to be able for banning those spammers, even no one understands it. (maybe the dayz staff can correct me, but i would find those bans "lawful") I even don´t know how they spam global, it´s not working if I´am connected as a normal user, i can send one message over rcon, thats all. (no its not the defaultpassword!)

Thanks for your tool, its very useful.

Thanks for your tool, its very useful.

Just so there's no confusion, I wanted to make sure everyone knows that I did not work on this tool.

:) just offering advice to the developer based on the work we've done on our in house tools

Edited by CheeseMelon

Nice start and it looks promising. I'm looking for multi-server support and excited to see how you incorporate the new logging.

Any update on this tool? Could do with something to inform the whiners about restarts (I do not want to install BEC before someone suggests it.)

The OP said he would be gone for one week starting last Sunday. He won't be around for another 3 days.

• Like 1

The OP said he would be gone for one week starting last Sunday. He won't be around for another 3 days.

Ah, roger that - beans for you.

The program is crashing when i log in, tried to launch it in administrator mode but nothing it seems not working to me

Any update on this tool? Could do with something to inform the whiners about restarts (I do not want to install BEC before someone suggests it.)

As this is just a "rcon tool" I doubt it will have any of that functionality, but I may be wrong...

I'm curious why you don't want to use BEC. It's an extremely powerful tool for dedicated servers and would solve your restart announcement problem very simply.

As this is just a "rcon tool" I doubt it will have any of that functionality, but I may be wrong...

I'm curious why you don't want to use BEC. It's an extremely powerful tool for dedicated servers and would solve your restart announcement problem very simply.

True, but if he is managed. Then he wont be able to. I know here at HFB, I am trying to figure it out on how to added it

True, but if he is managed. Then he wont be able to. I know here at HFB, I am trying to figure it out on how to added it

In theory it would be quite easy to run BEC alongside a managed server, as the schedule file is a simple xml. I bet you guys will get a great boost in value/customers if you get that working XD Good luck

Same here. Crashes almost immediately after I login.

However, no error shows up.

Same here. Crashes almost immediately after I login.

However, no error shows up.

I've been having repeat crashes lately, but only since I rolled our server back to 1.7.2.4 - could this be related? Has anyone else that experienced repeat crashes recently rolled back?