domistyle

DaRT - A Lightweight DayZ (and ArmA) RCon Tool (v2.1 | 11/10/2015)

Can you explain the effect of the following options under Settings:

Show direct chat

Show vehicle chat

Show group chat

Are they intended to affect the server itself, disabling the in-game chat options?

No, it will just hide the messages.

No, it will just hide the messages.

Hide them where? Does it stop them showing for other players ingame (without disabling the ability to type them)?

Hide them where? Does it stop them showing for other players ingame (without disabling the ability to type them)?

It will hide them from your log.

Very good tool I been using it since we got our server. Wish it had something to auto send messages every 15-30 minutes to server :P

It will hide them from your log.

As it stands, none of them show anywhere in DaRT anyway. Is it supposed to capture all chat on the server? I've tested with my own character and friends' on our server, and DaRT doesn't display any chat sent.

As it stands, none of them show anywhere in DaRT anyway. Is it supposed to capture all chat on the server? I've tested with my own character and friends' on our server, and DaRT doesn't display any chat sent.

The last time I checked it worked just fine. Remember, that another player must be in range in order for the server to receive the message.

The only chat I can see with any RCon tool, is direct chat

The only chat I can see with any RCon tool, is direct chat

You should be able to see every chat. But as I said, players must be in range except for global chat which is disabled in DayZ.

You should be able to see every chat. But as I said, players must be in range except for global chat which is disabled in DayZ.

I like to correct my last post. I cannot see Group, Direct or Vehicle chat in RCon right now. The only one that is working with chat is BERCon.

1st thing is thanks for this prog its awesome. As of today i haven't been able to see chat any more when i 1st started using it i could see all chat but for some reason i can no longer see any i haven't changed any setting just stopped seeing it any thing i can do to fix this ?

Hi,

thanks afain for your tool, really awesome.

Could you please add a confirmation window when clicking on Shutdown ? :) because I just did it by mistake.

Coud you add an option to change main window size too ?

Thanks

Must be a setting on my server, since I'm not able to see any chat via BERcon or DaRT.

I will take a closer look at the chat soon.

Could you please add a confirmation window when clicking on Shutdown ? :) because I just did it by mistake.

Coud you add an option to change main window size too ?

Yes, I already misclicked too.

I need to do some changes to GUI first, then you will be able to change window size.

Hello, You may do Russian language?

Once the multi-language support is done.

Are you able to translate it?

v0.4 is out.

Changelog:

v0.4

[NEW] You can now reorder the columns of the list

[NEW] The ban list is not affected by the auto refresh anymore

[NEW] You can now rightclick to clear the chatbox

[NEW] DaRT can now write a log file (enable in settings)

[NEW] Settings are now shown with a different layout

[NEW] Country code will now be shown beneath each flag

[FIX] Admins are now checked to prevent duplicate ips

[FIX] Admin counter showing 1 admin too much

[FIX] Fixed a crash when loading the player database

[NEW] New version of BattleNET (Thanks to Sawyer!)

[NEW] Removed ability to report players via Player Database

[FIX] Ban window will now properly close if not reporting

[NEW] DaRT is now able to display news messages, for new updates and news

[FIX] Icons on dialogs is now shown properly

[NEW] Will now show an confirmation before shutting down

[NEW] You are now able to sort lists by columns

First off I just wanted to say thank you for this program, it's really easy to use and very helpful, and that I can translate it to Swedish if needed.

And now to my ideas/requests:

• Could you use different encoding or add the option to change encoding? Since I live in Sweden, the chat doesn't show the letters Å Ä and Ö, i see those letters as a bunch of weird characters.
    And when I type Å Ä and Ö in the chat, the players can't see the letters I write (instead they see the weird characters)
    UTF+8 and/or ISO-8859-1 works great to view those letters.

• The ability to re-size the window and perhaps the ability to drag only the chat window bigger (in case I prefer to see more of the chat/log over the players online)

• Tabs for different kind of log messages, for example: one for everything, one for chat only, one for joins/disconnects (having one for all and just select what you want to see doesn't log other important data that you perhaps do not want to see for that moment, in case you need to follow something important in the chat and still want to log the login / disconnects and stuff like that in another tab.
    Perhaps even tabs for conversation between you and a specific player? Where if you type in that tab, your messages will be private only to that player, and in the tab, you will see the conversation only between you two, very handy when helping someone or if they have something important to say, like reporting a hacker.

• The ability to turn off the auto-scroll in the chat/log, in case you need to scroll up a bit and read something, currently it's impossible when the server is active.

That's all I can think of for now, thanks once again!

First off I just wanted to say thank you for this program, it's really easy to use and very helpful, and that I can translate it to Swedish if needed.

And now to my ideas/requests:

• Could you use different encoding or add the option to change encoding? Since I live in Sweden, the chat doesn't show the letters Å Ä and Ö, i see those letters as a bunch of weird characters.
    And when I type Å Ä and Ö in the chat, the players can't see the letters I write (instead they see the weird characters)
    UTF+8 and/or ISO-8859-1 works great to view those letters.

• The ability to re-size the window and perhaps the ability to drag only the chat window bigger (in case I prefer to see more of the chat/log over the players online)

• Tabs for different kind of log messages, for example: one for everything, one for chat only, one for joins/disconnects (having one for all and just select what you want to see doesn't log other important data that you perhaps do not want to see for that moment, in case you need to follow something important in the chat and still want to log the login / disconnects and stuff like that in another tab.
    Perhaps even tabs for conversation between you and a specific player? Where if you type in that tab, your messages will be private only to that player, and in the tab, you will see the conversation only between you two, very handy when helping someone or if they have something important to say, like reporting a hacker.

• The ability to turn off the auto-scroll in the chat/log, in case you need to scroll up a bit and read something, currently it's impossible when the server is active.

That's all I can think of for now, thanks once again!

I will write you a pm for the swedish translation once I got multi language support done.

1. I am not sure if RCon is able to use UTF-8 in the first place.

But I will see what I can do.

2. This will come once I finished some stuff with the GUI

3. I already thought of a private chat.

Not sure if I will split it all but I think I will include a chat like window when messaging a player.

4. Disable auto scroll in the settings, not impossible. ;)

Once the multi-language support is done.

Are you able to translate it?

no, You may do russian language in DaRT? when I writting in chat on russian, instead of the letters appear =>> (?????)

no, You may do russian language in DaRT? when I writting in chat on russian, instead of the letters appear =>> (?????)

This is a problem with the encoding.

I will take a closer look at it later.

There's an issue with the flags and country codes displaying the wrong flags and codes. :)

Edit:

Forum timed out and it double posted. :-/

Edited by RS-Dolph

There's an issue with the flags and country codes displaying the wrong flags and codes. :)

I noticed that also. I was having UK flags with US and US flags with UK