domistyle

DaRT - A Lightweight DayZ (and ArmA) RCon Tool (v2.1 | 11/10/2015)

For me no crash. Win7 x86.

In any case, if you send to me a file for translation I can do it in Italian.

Good to know, will send you the file once I got multi language support finished.

v0.3 will be released today, just needs some more testing.

• Like 2

Good to know, will send you the file once I got multi language support finished.

v0.3 will be released today, just needs some more testing.

Maybe can you add an auto-patcher?

Hey, day 2 using DaRT, so far so good.. When i first launched and connected to my server i swear i was able to see the players direct communication to each other scroll on the screen.

Now I launched it again and can't see players talking to each other anymore... I did launch the arma2 rcon and connect after launching dart.. Did i possibly screw something up???

i can't figure out how to re-enable direct comm chatter on the DaRt tool

Maybe can you add an auto-patcher?

Working on it.

Hey, day 2 using DaRT, so far so good.. When i first launched and connected to my server i swear i was able to see the players direct communication to each other scroll on the screen.

Now I launched it again and can't see players talking to each other anymore... I did launch the arma2 rcon and connect after launching dart.. Did i possibly screw something up???

i can't figure out how to re-enable direct comm chatter on the DaRt tool

Maybe there is just no player using the chat at the moment?

Normally there shouldn't be a problem.

If you think there is try restarting your computer and try again.

• Like 1

v0.3 is out.

Changelog:

v0.3

[NEW] Chat filter settings

[NEW] Improved ban dialog to make it more simple

[NEW] Option to enable/disable player database

[NEW] Option to enable/disable hosts database

[NEW] Option to enable/disable auto scrolling

[NEW] Option to enable/disable timestamps

[FIX] DaRT does not properly display ban list if too long

[NEW] Button to shutdown

[NEW] Button to reload bans

[NEW] Button to reload events

[NEW] Player and ban count are not shown in log anymore

[NEW] DaRT won't refresh anymore when switching to a different tab

[FIX] DaRT sometimes crashes when another process is using the clipboard

[NEW] Loading hosts

[FIX] Added handler for bans without reason causing ban list to not be shown

[FIX] Added timeout to ban request

[FIX] GUI not being enabled after closing ban window

[FIX] Timestamp in player database showing milliseconds

[FIX] Some smaller bug fixes

Note: DaRT still sometimes fails to request the ban list, just request it again, it will work.

DaRT can't copy host/port from load host window into clipboard.

• Like 3

Testet 0.3 around 30 minutes, working flawless so far.

Thank you Domi.

I´ll come back if any Problems occur.

Love, Love, Love 0.3! Great Job, and keep up the good work.

P.S. Where can I throw money at you?

Hey, cool new features in 0.3.

i was a bit shocked, my existing "bans" were lost, instead i have the communitylist now. (no act to ban them again, only 9 i could catch live!) But i think there are some people out there with more than 9 :) My count is still growing as i type here.

And i dont like gamed for not allowing read permits for the server_console.log

Scripts.log is working since..now, after restarting :)

Some suggestion for the Future, if i open the playerdatabase, could you add a column to see if this "player" is already banned?

Is it possible via rcon to get the hive messages out of the rpt? I only want to know if there are illegal weapons in use, maybe marked in red, and safe weapons are green.

could save me a lot of time. cause in lack of a root server there are no local parsers available, and the ftp is horrible slow (from gamed).

I think, theyre on different streams, but maybe it´s possible without using ftp.

sry, half of my text got deleted, i add this later.. *sigh*

Edited by iHaldur

Hello, I was wondering if you can change the build of the program to run as a .dmg? I would love to run this on my laptop while playing on my PC.

For those of you that used to run ArmA 2 RCON GUI, I can convert your old player database table to DaRT rather successfully.

For those of you that used to run ArmA 2 RCON GUI, I can convert your old player database table to DaRT rather successfully.

Care to share?

Edit:

Or, can we combine databases if we have more than 1 server?

Edited by RS-Dolph

v0.3 is out.

Changelog:

...Players/admins/bans moved out of chatbox in gui

I get the players and bans but is 'admins' who's currently connected or who has connected total from diff IPs or ?

Other suggestions:

• Sorting of the columns
  • Changing column order (drag left or right depending on how you want to see the data)
  • Resizable frames and window
  • Right click to clear chatbox

Thanks Domi

Edited by RS-Dolph

What the Heck? Another Posting lost...grrr

I don´t now what i have written at around 2 this Morning..

But i have another Suggestion.

If i tell something global over rcon, and my text is too long, it gets cut by the game after some letters..

Example: Hi guys have fun playing, the weather conditions are, rainy, 15 degrees celsius, keep your eyes open cause of flying cars and jumping ships, dont get hit by a house rolling from the top of a hill.

I Din´t check right now how many characters are available, but an autosplit in severeal Messages would be great :)

Edited by iHaldur

Love, Love, Love 0.3! Great Job, and keep up the good work.

P.S. Where can I throw money at you?

I added a donation link in the first post.

Or you just click here.

If you donate add your server ip(s) in the comments if you want, you will get whitelisted for DaRTBans.

I will explain later what this does.

Some suggestion for the Future, if i open the playerdatabase, could you add a column to see if this "player" is already banned?

Not sure if I will include this but I will see what I can do.

Is it possible via rcon to get the hive messages out of the rpt? I only want to know if there are illegal weapons in use, maybe marked in red, and safe weapons are green.

No, not possible with RCon.

Hello, I was wondering if you can change the build of the program to run as a .dmg? I would love to run this on my laptop while playing on my PC.

You mean .dmg as in Mac application?

If so, no.

Or, can we combine databases if we have more than 1 server?

Not yet, I will include the possibility to add them to a MySQL server later.

So you can setup a MySQL server which more people can use.

I get the players and bans but is 'admins' who's currently connected or who has connected total from diff IPs or ?

It is who is currently connected via RCon.

I do not check the ips yet so it's possible that you count 2 times.

I will fix this later.

• Sorting of the columns
  • Changing column order (drag left or right depending on how you want to see the data)
  • Resizable frames and window
  • Right click to clear chatbox

1. I don't think it is worth the hassle.

If you want to sort them you can always just use the search function.

So if you want all people with names starting with d you just type d in the search.

2. Will probably include this.

3. This too.

4. Good idea, will be in a future version.

If i tell something global over rcon, and my text is too long, it gets cut by the game after some letters..

Example: Hi guys have fun playing, the weather conditions are, rainy, 15 degrees celsius, keep your eyes open cause of flying cars and jumping ships, dont get hit by a house rolling from the top of a hill.

I Din´t check right now how many characters are available, but an autosplit in severeal Messages would be great :)

Didn't think of that. Will be included in a future version too.

I think i found another Bug:

i had running dart for 2days+ now, and banned a lot of people for having cheated stuff and cheating around... then i clicked back on "player Database" the programm crashed with the JIT Debugger Message.

after restarting the Program my bans.txt is Standart with the Community bans only.

I don´t know if maybe the "Writebans" command is´nt send correctly, but it is a bit annoying now.

Even the live banned cheaters are not present anymore in this file :( (More than 20 suckers out of Jail now..)

Edited by iHaldur

Sweet job there DomiStyle. :)

A few more suggestions:

• Only auto refresh player list regardless of what tab is open and remove the ban list auto refresh
  • Refresh ban list on need to refresh basis (i.e. manual ban / reload bans)
  • Remove DaRT messages from console (i.e. refreshing players / bans)

Also, if you need any changes to BattleNET, you know where to find me. ;)

I think i found another Bug:

i had running dart for 2days+ now, and banned a lot of people for having cheated stuff and cheating around... then i clicked back on "player Database" the programm crashed with the JIT Debugger Message.

after restarting the Program my bans.txt is Standart with the Community bans only.

I don´t know if maybe the "Writebans" command is´nt send correctly, but it is a bit annoying now.

Even the live banned cheaters are not present anymore in this file :( (More than 20 suckers out of Jail now..)

What sort of ban did you issue?

GUID ban? IP ban?

Can you check the file manually and check if the bans are in?

Maybe DaRT is just having problems requesting the full ban list again, happens sometimes.

It is very unlikely that all bans issued by DaRT get lost since they get directly written to the bans.txt

Are you sure there is no service running that loads the global bans.txt with each restart or something?

DaRT for sure won't delete any bans without you clicking on Unban, it must something different there.

• Only auto refresh player list regardless of what tab is open and remove the ban list auto refresh
  • Refresh ban list on need to refresh basis (i.e. manual ban / reload bans)
  • Remove DaRT messages from console (i.e. refreshing players / bans)

1. Yes, was thinking about this since a long time. Will be in a future version.

2. See 1, will also allow manual refresh by clicking on refresh.

3. You can already remove them in the settings for now.

Will probably remove them completely soon.

What sort of ban did you issue?

GUID ban? IP ban?

Can you check the file manually and check if the bans are in?

Maybe DaRT is just having problems requesting the full ban list again, happens sometimes.

It is very unlikely that all bans issued by DaRT get lost since they get directly written to the bans.txt

Are you sure there is no service running that loads the global bans.txt with each restart or something?

DaRT for sure won't delete any bans without you clicking on Unban, it must something different there.

I always ban per GUID, yes, i downloaded the bans.txt and there were only the 4 newly banned people (after crash and after restarting of dart. Maybe the Program didn´t load the bans.txt "onstart", because i banned over the Player database after restarting dart, and i think, "after banning the 4 newly cheaters" the bans.txt were created "new".. i don´t know, i couldn´t get this error again by now..

A Feature for mark players as "trusted" ones would also be great.

Edited by iHaldur

I always ban per GUID, yes, i downloaded the bans.txt and there were only the 4 newly banned people (after crash and after restarting of dart. Maybe the Program didn´t load the bans.txt "onstart", because i banned over the Player database after restarting dart, and i think, "after banning the 4 newly cheaters" the bans.txt were created "new".. i don´t know, i couldn´t get this error again by now..

A Feature for mark players as "trusted" ones would also be great.

If you ban via the Player database you need to reload the bans after doing so.

They still won't get deleted though.

I can tell that it doesn't have anything to do with DaRT though as it won't just delete your bans.txt.

The crash was related with an access violation to the database, it's a problem I will fix in a future update.

What you mean with mark as trusted?

I check every Player hairprecise.

But there are a lot of Players coming back very often, i would call them "Regular guests", and i could see with one eye, ah its he/she, nice to see you again :) I would trust them and only checking them all 5 times or more or less, i spend hours in checking the Logs and get rid of cheated stuff / players, i could save some time. I have only time for myself to play..for..2 to 4 Hours a week?

Renting an own server is very much work if it´s not an Rootserver to make live of an admin easier (with tools running local on it, filtering logs, analyze strange behaviours quicker)..It´s a mess with a rented Server and limited rights from gamed and having an running ftp slower than a sleeping snail. ;/

It´s an endless fight, and your Tool is a great help. BERcon works also great, but only as a Commandprompt, much more work.

Please kill the country flag and replace it with simple text abbreviations?

Thanks

Please kill the country flag and replace it with simple text abbreviations?

Thanks

Is there a reason for this?

I can include a setting for it.

great tool!

i am just wondering... i am not able to see the chat (except from global chat). am i gonna see if someone uses a script or something in the event log of the tool?

great tool!

i am just wondering... i am not able to see the chat (except from global chat). am i gonna see if someone uses a script or something in the event log of the tool?

Yes, you see the chat. (Direct, Vehicle, Group, Global, Side)

No, you don't see any scripts.