rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

Ok folks, I'll ask Rocket to give you an update. Please calm yourselves though...if he gets a civil and dignified response, he may even enjoy giving updates.

Thank you very much. We all appreciate it.

There's way too many people on here that don't appreciate anything.

• Like 16

Come on guys, what the guys have achieved in this mod is nothing short of fantastic. The community gathering it brings is massive and it's a damn good Alpha. I remember the STALKER alpha. . .that was a bad Alpha. This is brilliant. Keep up the good work.

Ps. Look out for those dirty funny walking people. They're a bit bitey

• Like 5

All these people saying that the standalone gonna fail because the mod is not getting supported by the devs. What was happening BEFORE it was official that DayZ is going to get a Standalone ? Every 1-2 weeks updates and the Devs where around the forum. But now they have the chance to make DayZ Great ! with no limits. In my opinion they just should keep working on the standalone (which is going to be cheap, rocket said ! for all these people sain he is doing it because of the money..) when the standalone is out.. its just going to be like the old days where there where alot of Updates. Till there wait and show some respect..

• Like 9

Right due to the amount of PMs I am getting, the patch will not be released till after the 6th September. When Rocket returns from PAX. Funnily enough that is also my birthday I accept presents....

The amount of gifts showered upon me will not impact the date of the release of the update and Dean is still working on the update while he is away in the US. I apologise for the wait but patience is a virtue. As we are developing the mod and the game at the same time, updates for the mod are likely to be less often due to the increased development tempo on DayZ standalone.

As I say, you can't always have your Tiramisu and eat it.

• Like 35

Thanks for all your hard work :)

Edited by Perl

I would like to see the DayZ mod brought to more or less stable version. Maybe 1.7.3 with some hotfixes.

Then a complete focus on the standalone. :)

• Like 6

I never understood that having/eating cake analogy. In what circumstance would you ever not eat a cake that you had? (assuming non-poisonous)

Also, tiramisu is awesome.

And some word is better than no word, so I'm fine with waiting a bit longer!

• Like 1

It sounds silly but hearing something as arbitrary as an ETA and "just keep waiting" is genuinely better than nothing and leaves a genuinely good impression.

Thanks for that.

• Like 3

Right due to the amount of PMs I am getting, the patch will not be released till after the 6th September. When Rocket returns from PAX. Funnily enough that is also my birthday I accept presents....

The amount of gifts showered upon me will not impact the date of the release of the update and Dean is still working on the update while he is away in the US. I apologise for the wait but patience is a virtue. As we are developing the mod and the game at the same time, updates for the mod are likely to be less often due to the increased development tempo on DayZ standalone.

As I say, you can't always have your Tiramisu and eat it.

As a massive number have already said, all we needed was an update on the status of the next patch. It's worlds easier to wait patiently when you aren't being ignored. Since tents and vehicles are not saving, the game is unplayable for many of us trying to make the game more than a simple deathmatch. Thank you very much for the response and the info.

Edited by N4v1N

Not to beat a dead horse or anything... But Armored Kill comes out on the 11th for premium pc players. You should probably push the update out as soon as possible to keep people's attention on DayZ.

Nonetheless THANK YOU for the update. In all honesty, it is greatly appreciated.

Edited by C0LDKILL
  • Like 2

finally some information... really it was THAT HARD to keep us informed on whats happening ? ???

thanks for all the hard work.

• Like 2

thanks for finally giving out some info... so can we maybe see some planned fixes/new stuff anytime before then?

• Like 1

S'pose I could sleep for a week to catch up on all I've been missing until the next patch comes out...

• Like 1

thanks for finally giving out some info... so can we maybe see some planned fixes/new stuff anytime before then?

What is wrong with you?! Why would they give a specific date and then release a patch before that.

Lord.

• Like 1

If there was a position on the dev team to communicate with the community, I'd apply for it

• Like 8

Take your time guys, maybe people will try some of the other amazing mods for this game. Such as ACE and PR.