rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

Take your time guys, maybe people will try some of the other amazing mods for this game. Such as ACE and PR.

If they were smart they'd look around at the other mods to pass the time...lol!

Don't forget that I44 (a great 1944 mod for ArmA 2) just got updated! ;)

Some of you like to complain about having purchased ArmA 2 just for DayZ and use it as an excuse to bitch about updates...

If you are that tired of waiting for a DayZ patch then you can always play some of the "original" A2 "zombie" mods :

The Dynamic Zombie Sandbox

Degeneration

Chernarus Apocalypse

Give the team here their time/space...

Good things come to those who wait, but in the age of the internets everyone seems to have ADHD here lol!

• Like 3

If they were smart they'd look around at the other mods to pass the time...lol!

Don't forget that I44 (a great 1944 mod for ArmA 2) just got updated! ;)

Some of you like to complain about having purchased ArmA 2 just for DayZ and use it as an excuse to bitch about updates...

If you are that tired of waiting for a DayZ patch then you can always play some of the "original" A2 "zombie" mods :

The Dynamic Zombie Sandbox

Degeneration

Chernarus Apocalypse

thanks for the other mod names

Read it again chump. I never said anything about who got the money.

Meanwhile, some people are having fun on 1.7.2.4 where vehicles and tents are saved after "almost" every server restart.

Glitch, who cares, restart game time to time or active the flush, that's how I roll.

Anyway, just saying....

....I'm just here for the Tiramisu, thank you Matt, delicious as always.

:)

Seriously .. stop whining ,, be grateful you are allowed to be part of this wonderful alpha. Most other games you have to apply to be eligible to be part of the beta. Sure the mod has issues but the standalone is going be a whole different ballgame. Its not going to be a mod and the dev team can sort out all the issues like the graphical glitching and lock down the code so hackers can not exploit it like they can now. Be proud of the fact that because of you the game we all want is going ahead and instead of of whining at rocket and the dev team , give them your beans for a job well done ;)

you must be new to planet earth?

• Like 1

Yay thanks for giving us at least some feedback after weeks of waiting.... im so greatfull for that better than christmas you guys made my day because you were able to give infos after weeks of nothing ....hmm NOT. Still some of the badest customer service ive ever seen. Thank you realy for a great game yes . But how to treat customers you still have to learn about it. Dont rest on youre fanboys that would even cheer for you if you just fart. I can tell you that you lost already many players and im just 1 of it dont know if " just 1 " is worthy for you guys... rly dont know....

If only rocket would stop dreaming about fucking dogs and would concentrate on smaller bugs that are ruining the gaming experience

• Like 3

If only rocket would stop dreaming about fucking dogs and would concentrate on smaller bugs that are ruining the gaming experience

YES! Thank you!

1.7.2.5 actually made things worse for me, as before I used to at least be able to relog and be good to go for a while, now certain places like Cherno and Balota are nearly permanently artifacting for me. Thats with arma versions 95883-96061 on catalyst 12.6 & 12.8

In case you haven't noticed. Over the span of 3-4 weeks, this game lost roughly 45% of its total active players (the total player-count means fuck all). From well over 200k to barel 110k.

This is not because the game is finished and barely has any bugs

Fix the game

Just thought I would summarize.

• Like 1

Next time dont let us hang in the air its no way to treat customers !!! Status : still disapointed

Why are people calling themselves customers to this mod? Last time I checked, the DayZ mod is free and you either bought or pirated Arma II: CO. As far as I'm concerned, I'm an alpha tester until rocket requires us to buy it.

JoeDaddy92

I asked a dev some questions regarding some of your concerns, here's how it went down;

Has there been any ground made on the "big 3" bugs? Tents, artifacts, and vehicles?

two guys are working on the tents and vehicles as for artifacts we have another solution but it might not work for everyone

Why cant you just remove the problem corpses?

We have checked the corpses and it doesn't appear to be them.

We are working on it but it is a complex problem that is alluding us at the moment.

And the problems with spawn-saves being corrupted, anything on that?

this is due to hive being massively overloaded and people logging in and logging out large amounts extremely quickly

that wont be an issue in the new hive system for the stand-alone will it?

nope

• Like 13

I would start playing again if the tent/vehicle saving issues would be resolved.

This is why I'm not playing. It's pointless.

I know it's a free mod, and I appreciate all the hard work that has gone into it. However, there's thousands of us out here that got addicted to this great game, then found it unplayable for what I assume would be a simple fix (roll-back the relevant tent/vehicle code to 1.7.2.4, push a hotfix out).

I really feel this was grossly inconsiderate to those of us engrossed in the game. It was made worse by the complete lack of any update for a long time, and still not a date definite.

From what I hear, things were better in 1.7.2.3? Perhaps we should roll back everything?

• Like 1

I asked a dev some questions regarding some of your concerns, here's how it went down;

Thanks Griff! It's good to hear even a couple sentences affirming they're working on fixing some of the major bugs.

I really hope they also fix the issue where you bug-out to the debug plains when loading in, have your gear completely wiped, and then spawn on the coast without even a flashlight (http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/69035-respawn-at-the-beach-and-gear-loss/). Had that happen so many times I've just given up on playing for the time being :(

Thanks Griff! It's good to hear even a couple sentences affirming they're working on fixing some of the major bugs.

I really hope they also fix the issue where you bug-out to the debug plains when loading in, have your gear completely wiped, and then spawn on the coast without even a flashlight (http://dayzmod.com/f...-and-gear-loss/). Had that happen so many times I've just given up on playing for the time being :(

this is due to hive being massively overloaded and people logging in and logging out large amounts extremely quickly

nope

nope

So basically we all have to wait for the standalone to at least have a playable fun experience with DayZ?

So basically we all have to wait for the standalone to at least have a playable fun experience with DayZ?

That generally can be deducted from a situation where a mod made for 100-500 people gets over a million people.
  • Like 2

Nice to hear. :)

Would be cool if you put your answer in a sticky on a thread on its own in the announcements forum. I clicked this topic by mistake and those are all my questions, yes.