rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

I was at the gamescom and talked to Matt Lightfoot. Thanks for the small talk with you Matt. I enjoyed it. Good boy :)

He told me there will be an update after the guys coming back from the gamescom. They had the new version, 1.7.3 i think, at theire stand for testing. This version still had the graphic glitches.

There is nothing to find on the forums about a new release or a hotfix. Rocket seems to have time for developing on the standalone and give a mass of interviews. But he, or any other member of the dev-team, do not have the 5 min. to make a statement to the current state of the mod and what will happen now with it.

1.7.2.5 is unplayable because of vehicle and tents not storing there inventory. Vehicles are not spawning or reseting after a server restart. Player skins changing sometimes and let you lose your stuff. Zombies aggroing from miles away even if you prone. Items where duped from 1.7.2.4 saves in vehicles and tents and you can´t overwrite them. And so on....

Battleye working hard on there anti-cheat-engine and release updates frequently. And they fix bugs immediatly as we seen last night or a few days ago. This mentality is missing right now from the dev´s. Before 1.7.2 comes out, your update frequency was very good and you where present in the forums. But now all is going quiter here from the dev´s. There are just a few moderators that are working with dangerous half knowledge. Sorry for that mods, but it isn´t really your fault i think.

Rocket and other Dev´s. Please let us know what you plan to do with the mod right now. Do we get an update or hotfix? Will you let the mod die?

Thanks in advance

Polli

• Like 13

"yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.."

you go play dayz the way it suits you.. after all that's what's great about the game

STILL

fact is it's a bug

fact is it is easily fixable

and it's pissing off a LOT of players

soooo my question: why not fix it...?

Its simple. Because Rocket don't care. He get his glory he gets his fame. He don't wanna share.

Best thing now is to allow multiple hives exist and pass mod on community. Let people add more stuff and maps. It should revive DayZ at last little.

Why don't you all rollback to 2.4 and shut up?

Because the glitches were present in 2.4 as well dude.

maybe because all servers were forced updated u fackin muppet

No.

No.

Edited by MrBlacky

"Liam and me, we're gonna f*** you up!"

You said it man. Nobody fucks with the Jesus.

• Like 1

No.

MOST servers are updated, so yes.

No.

2.5 is a hotfix for 2.4, so yes. they were present. you new?

you are truly insightful by the way. next time try to give a bit more info than just "no" "no". you sound like my 4 year old daughter just trying to argue.

MOST servers are updated, so yes.

Yeah, they can also rollback. Exactly what we did with our server. No more tent & vehicle bitching, no more coast spawning.

2.5 is a hotfix for 2.4, so yes. they were present. you new?

you are truly insightful by the way. next time try to give a bit more info than just "no" "no". you sound like my 4 year old daughter just trying to argue.

I'm not new to DayZ. Btw I don't know what glitches you are talking about. The artifacts are still present as they were in 2.4.

Can confirm private hive servers are saving tents and vehicles now - so when is the hotfix out for the public servers again since a fix is available?

We had no vehicle or tent problems with 2.4.

2.5 was supposed to fix the dead soldier and barbwire related graphic distortion. It did not.

Additionally 2.5 seems to have problems with players loosing all their equipment and players sudo dying and being respawned in debug field.

So from our observations 2.5 cracked open a bunch more issues than it solved.

Rolling back would be nice but with no official word from DayZ, no patch to fix and all the news being about the stand alone game we can only guess that fixing the free version of Dayz isnt a priority to them.

Maybe now its a matter of which hits first...DayZ or WarZ....and of course which is done better (has less issues)

All servers admins should just roll back to 2.4. Tents worked after the initial wipe at restart...no problem. Artifacts can be cured by changing video settings and if that doesn't work just log out back to the lobby and log back in WHEN IN THE ARTIFACT ZONE.....problem solved.

Although I miss my bandit skin..but the game works properly which is more important.

It would also help if servers would restart on a 6 to 8 hour rotation. This will cure the disappearing act of vehicles and tents after the first couple restarts...

I see another poster posted a link for server side hot fix of tents and vehicles......Admins.........USE IT.

:) Now there should be no more bitching to the devs.

I see 2 possible cases:

1) Rocket does not have any IT skill at all, he is developing a mod not an entire game engine, after 5 months and over a million of players you can't have a crappy buggy mod like dayz and always apologize saying we are running an ALPHA... take as good example A.C.E mod, it was just awesome.. (it is actually...)

This lead me thinking that even the standalone will be affected of those bugs since it will be released in Alpha stage.

BTW we have a dev that has already fixed tents and vehicles bug (have look at private hive servers..). UNBELIEVABLE

2) Stand alone means money, Arma 2 Dayz mods was just an experiment to see how to make money..

Edited by vIP3r
  • Like 3

Highwater mark was ~180k unique users in one day, just prior to the .4 patch...this was also just prior to hitting 1million total unique users.

Now we're barely cresting 140k on the weekends. Dunno about the other posters here, but losing over 20% of your active audience (while adding over 100k unique users to the total pool) seems like we can justifiably say this mod has jumped the shark.

I don't say this as some hater, mind you--this was the only game I played for the entire month of July. It was a fantastic ride and I got three other people to buy Arma2 so we had a group going. I'll probably return if/when they can get their shit sorted out(and am still eagerly awaiting the standalone).

• Like 3

I'm not new to DayZ. Btw I don't know what glitches you are talking about. The artifacts are still present as they were in 2.4.

i know the artifacts are there for you. you are the one that said "no".

No.

one of us seems to be confused

Edited by sivart

I still enjoy playing the game

I just want an update on what's going on

• Like 5

Is there new information given by Rocket or the Dev Team about the savin issue of cars and tents? If it is so, pls give me a link or a qoute of him. Didn't hear anything from the Dev Team for almost 2 weeks now and we start to wonder what is really going on and if they just focused on the standalone or if they are trying to fix the current issue of the mod or something like that...

Edited by Icarus619

Is there new information given by Rocket or the Dev Team about the savin issue of cars and tents? If it is so, pls give me a link or a qoute of him. Didn't hear anything from the Dev Team for almost 2 weeks now and we start to wonder what is really going on and if they just focused on the standalone or if they are trying to fix the current issue of the mod or something like that...

nah, the thing is this was supposed to be a temp fix for the weekend. so I'm thinking that may have something to do with the hive issues. I think this patch was meant to be an experiment, so it purposely doesn't save everything

but I really have no idea, and am just speaking out my ass...

• Like 1

nah, the thing is this was supposed to be a temp fix for the weekend. so I'm thinking that may have something to do with the hive issues. I think this patch was meant to be an experiment, so it purposely doesn't save everything

but I really have no idea, and am just speaking out my ass...

its a social experiment within a social experiment

tCp_0AeCQEiBJMOTeh8ISQ2.gif

Are there any news about the tents I didnt found ?

It´s really sad that there are just news about what awesome new features are planned in the far far future.

Rocket said that he plan to work from arma 2 engine when dayz started and totally restart his work, when I understood it right.

So there would be no more time for getting this mod working -.-

This will get some bad critics on the standalone, cause letting players wait for 2 weeks to get an really IMPORTANT feature of the game fixed AGAIN.. is just .....

Edited by Wcked

i know the artifacts are there for you. you are the one that said "no".

one of us seems to be confused

That's why I asked you what "glitches" you mean. The tent & car bug is also a glitch, as is the spawn at coast.