rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

Still doesn't explain why the devs ignore this forum.

It takes 2 mins to make a post.

"Sorry for the lack of updates, we have been super busy. A fix for the current bugs is being worked on and we will post news on the next patch very soon."

I just assumed that was a given...

• Like 3

apparently rocket is working on valve time or something. Half life 3 will be out before we get a patch better than 1.7.2.5 lol

apparently rocket is working on valve time or something. Half life 3 will be out before we get a patch better than 1.7.2.5 lol

1 x 10 - 2 = 8

8 = H

7+5 = 12

12 = L

H.L.3

Half-life 3 confirmed

• Like 9

You would be correct in saying that, I'm just saying that 1.7.2.5 right now is a pile of garbage.. tents dont work, vehicles don't work thats why our server isn't even running it. Like I said HL3 will be out before we get anything better than the garbage that is 1.7.2.5.

Who knows when 1.7.3 will come out. Dev time has surely slowed down a TON lately but I'm sure thats due to the standalone, or rocket just being a boss now with all that cash hes getting.

Well tell them to A. Roll back to when the game was playable (tents and vehicles saves worked) or B. Release the new patch with the problem fixed within the next day or so. To us its like you break the game then completely ignore the problem, not one official statement released about this MAJOR problem..its like wtf are u doing

1.7.2.5 = GHEYZ

The math is below, tried to keep it simple for you.

5+2 =7 7=G

4*2 =8 8=H

3+2 =5 5=E

5*5=25 25=Y

5*5+1=26 26=Z

Edited by gwbrewer

This lot is so pathetic... it's gamescom ffs... so rocket & friends are occupied with not being digested by the crowd of people who want to see/play/whatever you can do to dayz there, and maybe even talk to them. So... they are occupied. You can't do anything angainst it. Like when you die ingame. Deal with it. Stay calm and go find some Beanz. Bragging about how horrible this all is won't change a thing. The issues will be fixed if you cry or not. The only difference is, that you officially declare to be ungrateful morons with a huge lack of decent education to the entire Internet. Which might even include your parents, who should be yelling at you this instant for being insolent dicks toward these strangers who created that amazing (f2p) game you "waste" so much of your time on instead of going out with friends, walk the dog, take the trash out... well, all the things that made your parents yell at you earlier, because you didn't do them...

Just don't point your frustration at the devs because you can't cope with adolescence.

---

I've honestly never seen this much rage regarding a slow process of a Game-Modification...

So far it's mostly been disapointment but with a lot of anticipation for the long to come update...

But here... Most people don't even get that they did nor purchase this MOD nor that the dev-Team is rather small and on Top of it, it's Alpha-Stage.

Someone just place a fucking Disclaimer right at the Top of the Page, saying:

You did not buy it, it's not even intended to be bug free and if you can't wait for the next update, sign up for the dev-team.

Alternative: Just fucking whipe the database with each update. I bet that would reduce complaining.

Edited by HerrEilig
  • Like 2

This lot is so pathetic... it's gamescom ffs... so rocket & friends are occupied with not being digested by the crowd of people who want to see/play/whatever you can do to dayz there, and maybe even talk to them. So... they are occupied. You can't do anything angainst it. Like when you die ingame. Deal with it. Stay calm and go find some Beanz. Bragging about how horrible this all is won't change a thing. The issues will be fixed if you cry or not. The only difference is, that you officially declare to be ungrateful morons with a huge lack of decent education to the entire Internet. Which might even include your parents, who should be yelling at you this instant for being insolent dicks toward these strangers who created that amazing (f2p) game you "waste" so much of your time on instead of going out with friends, walk the dog, take the trash out... well, all the things that made your parents yell at you earlier, because you didn't do them...

Just don't point your frustration at the devs because you can't cope with adolescence.

---

I've honestly never seen this much rage regarding a slow process of a Game-Modification...

So far it's mostly been disapointment but with a lot of anticipation for the long to come update...

But here... Most people don't even get that they did nor purchase this MOD nor that the dev-Team is rather small and on Top of it, it's Alpha-Stage.

Someone just place a fucking Disclaimer right at the Top of the Page, saying:

You did not buy it, it's not even intended to be bug free and if you can't wait for the next update, sign up for the dev-team.

Alternative: Just fucking whipe the database with each update. I bet that would reduce complaining.

I agree with you

This mod is being made by a small development team, i'm sure the biggest majority of you have NEVER worked on modding a game or making a standalone for that matter hence the whole "lets shout at the dev's even tho there super busy making this awesome mod we spend countless hour's on and only paid like £/$25 for the game it run's through which isn't alot"

If your so bothered by the bug/glitches/error's then i have a few suggestions for you

1) DON'T PLAY IT

2) You can be supportive an report issues winthin these forums

3) There are other game's you can play untill there's a more stable update/realease such as L4D, BLACK OPS ZOMBIES, RE:ORC etc

4) COUNTLESS times this has being said it's an ALPHA mod not a BETA nor is it a FULLY complied standalone game it's an ALPHA it will have issues it will have glitches which you will have to deal with

Mod's or/and game's development take's time you can't honestly expect them to deilver an update every couple of days? i mean really? as far as there converned if they make an update an there not satisfied with it then they'll not realease it untill they are, there not just doin it for your benifit there doing it for US the communitiy

Take BLACK MESA: SOURCE that mod's development start back what 2007? it's now 2012 its apprently 97% done taking into account the people making that mod are not part of a major game's developer there fan's who are doing it in there spare time and for ABSOULUTELY NOTHING, be lucky that DAYZ won't be taking years to finally be finshed

Rocket made this mod in his spare time he's knocking his pan in day in day out coding the damn thing so let's do him all a favor an cut the guy some slack that goes for the dev's who are working along side him

if anyone you who are whining can do a better job then feel free to go make your own mod an see how well you do, i've done my fair share of coding, making model's and textures for games and mods and its not an easy task, so unless any of you have something constructive to say or even help the team out do us all a favor and give it a rest eh? your just making yourselfs look stupid

An for the record i'm not sucking up to rocket or the dev's i'm marely speaking from my own experiance its not easy making mods or games these thing's take time so be patient

Edited by Commander_Turk
  • Like 1

Gamescom was last week. Now's Pax. Yep, another lame excuse why the devs doesnt give a shit to communicate with the playerbase.

And before you start the alpha chant again: Even the biggest fanboy should get the message after these 118 pages that the people are complaining about the lack (or nonexistance) of communication. Keep people in the dark with all this and theyre getting pissed. Simple as that.

• Like 1

Sorry Rocket, but at the moment you seem too busy promoting an already popular mod instead of focusing on the loyal fanbase that has been here from the beginning.

We can't test what is CLEARLY broken, so wake up and work on a hotfix please.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure the dumbest thing you can tell a community is "go play another game".. Haha.. fucking bonehead moves..

Be careful I called him out and got a warning for it

I'm pretty sure the dumbest thing you can tell a community is "go play another game".. Haha.. fucking bonehead moves..

It's the same game.

Be careful I called him out and got a warning for it

You got abusive, that was your own fault.

• Like 4

Sorry Rocket, but at the moment you seem too busy promoting an already popular mod instead of focusing on the loyal fanbase that has been here from the beginning.

We can't test what is CLEARLY broken, so wake up and work on a hotfix please.

This game is not completely broken. But people like us who have been around since about.. Early may. Should be treated a bit better then just being left in the fucking dark as soon as Rocket has to green light for Stand alone.

• Like 5

Ok folks, I'll ask Rocket to give you an update. Please calm yourselves though...if he gets a civil and dignified response, he may even enjoy giving updates.

• Like 27

this is a pretty abusive and demanding community. Its like you guys took away their crack.

• Like 8

Please just lock this topic until any news appears. This topic is running on repeat for the last 100 pages.

Edited by BodyBaggins
  • Like 2

Just chill, Honey Bunny. If you don't like this free mod right now, go play the game you paid for...Arma 2.

Seriously? This is the type of attitude Bohemia Interactive encourages?

Griff you know full well that a million plus people bought Arma II for the sole reason of playing DayZ, that line is way past old, people aren't dense.

The point people are trying to make is that with 1.1 million plus DayZ accounts in less than 6 months, spending time promoting the game / mod is a bit redundant now.

One other thing, When your out promoting your game mod and trying to and I quote a Rocket interview ' Send a message on what kind of games you want and vote with your wallet' while knowing full well that players need to purchase the core game(s) making the statement that DayZ is 'free' is hyprocritical.

Edited by jelly2m8
  • Like 10

dude.... they aren't getting a freaking dime off Dayz. this is rockets pet project. fucking live with it. Is it incredibly popular? yes. Has it realisticaly been down at the unplayable stage for that long? not really. chill the fuck out and go wack off or get some sun instead of bitching about a mod for a game you don't even play.

I've come to accept duping and hacking will probably be around til standalone. Also should mention it seems hacking has been curbed a bit (played all day today on PACKED servers and only got teleported once)

Also, the artifact fix on reddit that rocket recommended worked great for me :)

But I'd still like any word on whats up with this mod right now. (what happened to WOOF WOOF at least?). I mean it's been over 2 weeks since the last patch with no word at all

and no. rocket asking for feature ideas on the standalone doesn't count

Edited by UsuallyFriendly

I've come to accept duping and hacking will probably be around til standalone. Also should mention it seems hacking has been curbed a bit (played all day today on PACKED servers and only got teleported once)

Also, the artifact fix on reddit that rocket recommended worked great for me :)

But I'd still like any word on whats up with this mod right now. (what happened to WOOF WOOF at least?). I mean it's been over 2 weeks since the last patch with no word at all

and no. rocket asking for feature ideas on the standalone doesn't count

And what fix was that? Artifacts have been going beserk for me today...every sever without fail after every fix i tried....

And what fix was that? Artifacts have been going beserk for me today...every sever without fail after every fix i tried....

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/yhksh/successful_graphics_glitch_fix_for_nvidia_gpu/

hopefully you Vid Card is nvidia

this worked for me right away.. if i ever see a hint of artifacting now (barely ever do) I just do the flush thing and it clears it right up

also make sure ur video memory in advanced options is set to default

I work as a developer and I know how much work is involved especially with a small team.

You get so sucked up in your daily work that you can't spare 5 minutes for a single line in a forum.

Nevertheless, this lack of TRANSPARENCY is damaging.

I think we all agree DayZ is an amazing idea, but no communication / support can backfire on such a great development*.

It would be more than enough to say:

"Guys, we acknowledge there are problems with tents / glitches / whatever.

We are working hard on this. Currently we are tackling issues XXX.

As a workaround you could do this.... We also suggest avoiding using feature XX because it doesn't work properly.

We'll post a patch when we are sure things will work. Thank you".

* There are a lot of people saying Arma II is full of bugs and because of this is unplayable. It's quite a wide spread misconception, but no less damaging.

Poor support for a very popular mod (even in alpha) could create the same stigma ("Isn't this the game that started as that poorly supported mod? Isn't going to happen again?")

I started to play ARMA I. I bought 8 copies of A2: OA. I love this game and it hurts seeing the aversion created by a poor public relations management.

Edited by Scorpia
  • Like 15

Ok folks, I'll ask Rocket to give you an update. Please calm yourselves though...if he gets a civil and dignified response, he may even enjoy giving updates.

http://t.qkme.me/3okadw.jpg

I he doesn't enjoy giving updates then let someone else do it?!

Edited by Jony_RocketInMyPocket