rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

If there was a position on the dev team to communicate with the community, I'd apply for it

I think the sooner Dayz get's a Community Manager the better, with all the available avenue's that gamers can comminicate with game developers (Official Game forums, Twitter, Reddit, Facebook etc) having someone diseminating relevant (and consistent) information through all of those avenue's is a really good way for the Dev's to stay in touch with the community (through the non-dev Community Manager) while the Dev's get on with making the standalone/working on updates for the mod.

Oh, and same as above...some news is better than no news. If the patch has been pushed back then just say so...don't ignore us, people don't like being ignored (as I think you've seen by now)

• Like 4

Fix the tents+vehicles & I wont care if you don't fix anything else till the standalone..

Losing all your items day in day out is ridiculous and makes the game worthless to play.

^ Figured I'd just requote this seeing as now that the patch has been announced for the 6th everything will still no doubt be broken anyway.

That and like 48 people gave there beans so it must not just be me thinking it.

• Like 17

Matt, some of these guys are ready to bear your children after getting an update. How does that make you feel man?

Right due to the amount of PMs I am getting, the patch will not be released till after the 6th September. When Rocket returns from PAX. Funnily enough that is also my birthday I accept presents....

The amount of gifts showered upon me will not impact the date of the release of the update and Dean is still working on the update while he is away in the US. I apologise for the wait but patience is a virtue. As we are developing the mod and the game at the same time, updates for the mod are likely to be less often due to the increased development tempo on DayZ standalone.

As I say, you can't always have your Tiramisu and eat it.

Looking forward to the patch.

For the others it is essentially what you have been told your whole life, have some patience, good things come to those who wait, and calm the fuck down you are bugging the shit out of me. Understand things like time constraint and the fact that the answer you got could have been found out using basic common sense. This is how a normal person views a situation.

Man this patch sucks but I understand they started working on the standalone while also being at multiple game conventions. Hopefully they patch it soon after it settles down.

This how someone who lacks patience acts.

Oh my God no patch in three weeks, what is wrong with the devs are they just cashing in and partying while we set up vehicles that will soon be gone. I mean three weeks, this is getting ridiculous and why have these busy people not made touch with the community (do you guys expect an update everyday where Rocket and devs say working hard but no date as of now, hope this helps guys). I will now rage on how Rocket is a sell out and the standalone will be just as broken. I will never play again or I will become a hacker and mess with your broken game, that will teach you to provide an innovative and popular mod to the gaming community (because we have so many). .

• Like 2

About Griff and a Community Manager for DayZ Mod & Standalone: DeathJester pretty much said what I was thinking. Sign 'im up! I'd trust somebody who has put up with all the crap on this forum (especially in the past few weeks) to get us information and wade through the filth now and then. As for the thread: I'm glad we got some news. I had adopted a wait-it-out policy for both info and the coming patch.

edit: removed a question I had about 1.7.3 reguarding the woof-woofs. I realized that I'll know when it gets here. ;)

Edited by GiggityGump

September 6th? Fuck, that's my first day of classes... Oh well, as long as tents/vehicles are fixed idc what else you add or fix, or even "fix". It's fun running around and collecting stuff/finding that awesome m107 and a heli crash but after a while it just sucks running around with no home base or anything cause it'll just all get wiped out afer a restart.

Can't wait.

I never understood that having/eating cake analogy. In what circumstance would you ever not eat a cake that you had? (assuming non-poisonous)

Also, tiramisu is awesome.

And some word is better than no word, so I'm fine with waiting a bit longer!

I do not like cake, so I would not eat cake in any circumstance.

Please fix the bug with the vehicles!

Everytime we restart our server the verhicles transform into bikes or tractors. (1.7.2.5)

We tried our server with the 1.7.2.4 patch and the vehicles where saved properly. (with guns etc.)

If there was a position on the dev team to communicate with the community, I'd apply for it

Griff for Community Manager!!!!!

Then again, CM's have like the most thankless task in the world.

Are you sure you want to do that D:

Keep in mind, as a CM, its you vs. them.

And you spawn without pistol and hatchet D:

Ammo exploits should be the priority, it's the main game breaking experience for me.

No, I think tents, vehicles and graphical glitches should be the priority. They're they main game breaking experiences for everyone else. Ammo exploits are minor at best and only affect certain weapons anyway.

• Like 8

please fix the artifacts ! not even bothered about any other fix this is so stupid its retarded .

Edited by dgeesio
  • Like 5

Could we at least get some character resets before the 6th? Me and couple of my friends gained some corrupt characters since this patch and had to buy new keys to keep playing.. If you could reset the character, at least I'd have a backup!

UID - 23781638

You must enter a post.

Edited by sivart

No, I think tents, vehicles and graphical glitches should be the priority. They're they main game breaking experiences for everyone else. Ammo exploits are minor at best and only affect certain weapons anyway.

Unlimited ammo is like everybody is cheating. You fire half the clip, exit game, enter game, you have full clip. Or M1911 combining ammo, you never go dry. I'ts not minor bug.

Unlimited ammo is like everybody is cheating. You fire half the clip, exit game, enter game, you have full clip. Or M1911 combining ammo, you never go dry. I'ts not minor bug.

The people shooting half a clip, exiting, shooting another half clip etc... Come ON! Who the hell is doing that all the time? Takes me long enough to get into the game let alone keeping doing that. Sounds like a whole load of fun as well.....

The things people do just to get an advantage in a game. Baffles me sometimes!

• Like 3

Ammo count was fixed for me since 2.5, my graphics bug is quickly and painlessly gone using the default/very high mem use fix in settings, I play on servers with third person and nametags set to 'off' (I consider these two especially as exploits) and have only seen hacking once when my favourite server (I won't say which but it is reliable and friendly) was down for updates and I had to play on a high pop UK server instead with everything enabled - and even that I survived through stealth and adrenaline.

The unsaving loot issue is just another difficulty level. And get used to it peoples, when duping is fixed and hacked gear is stopped, you won't have a horde to fall back on. Hopefully also Rocket will implement gear vanishing on death too. Bring it on :) I like to play every game on the hardest difficulty straight off, I really don't see the point in lowering the bar to win, when all you do is compromise yourself. Treasuring the gear you carry is more of a buzz than knowing you can just sprint back to your stash every time you fail, it makes you try harder. So TRY HARDER.

Workaround, people. Everything is doable, and still fun, if you have a modicum of patience and intellect.

• Like 6

The ammo exploit is up to the individuals discretion, they choose to expoit it.... You can't just choose to not have your tents save your gear, or for your vehicle to not be there when you log in next. Oh, and you can't just choose to be blinded by a massive graphical glitch wherever military corpses, barbed wire and tank traps are.

Thus, the ammo glitch is not as important.

• Like 2

Ammo count was fixed for me since 2.5, my graphics bug is quickly and painlessly gone using the default/very high mem use fix in settings, I play on servers with third person and nametags set to 'off' (I consider these two especially as exploits) and have only seen hacking once when my favourite server (I won't say which but it is reliable and friendly) was down for updates and I had to play on a high pop UK server instead with everything enabled - and even that I survived through stealth and adrenaline.

The unsaving loot issue is just another difficulty level. And get used to it peoples, when duping is fixed and hacked gear is stopped, you won't have a horde to fall back on. Hopefully also Rocket will implement gear vanishing on death too. Bring it on :) I like to play every game on the hardest difficulty straight off, I really don't see the point in lowering the bar to win, when all you do is compromise yourself. Treasuring the gear you carry is more of a buzz than knowing you can just sprint back to your stash every time you fail, it makes you try harder. So TRY HARDER.

Workaround, people. Everything is doable, and still fun, if you have a modicum of patience and intellect.

Fair play to you, you like the game to be incredibly hard. Not everyone does, so keep it to your own server....

P.S. You come across as incredibly elitist, don't know if that was intentional or not.

• Like 3

If you have a hero skin, your humanity goes to 0 every time you join and if you used 29 of the 30 bullets in your clip it resets it to 30 when you log out and back in. Non-hero skins don't do this however.

That message is key!

Its hard to have patience if you dont know if you have to wait a year or one week.

• Like 2