rocket

Disconnecting to avoid death

Just gonna ask, is there a real possibility of sorting this out in an update soon? What is the most likely fix? I like the idea of a timer before your character disappears, all those whining about logging out in a town get outside the town before hand, if you are rushed into it, don't go into town if you don't have time to get out ... this would also be a small deterrent from server hopping because sooner or later you're probably gonna get caught logging out.

Its definitely getting worse right now. I've had another two instances in two days with people ducking into the lobby when they come under fire. Both in Berezino, and both snipers. After breaking one guys legs with an MP5SD i ran around the corner to see nothing there. And just now a guy disappeared after he ran into the building i was in.

A simple 5 second timer would have given me the kill in both cases. It seems at the moment the only thing you can do is carry a massive gun so you can get the takedown before they have a chance.

not that they just disconnect at PVP. look hear. they disconnect from zombies 3-4 times in 20 minutes !!!

that really has to be stoppt.

would be ok to wait minimum 5min before you can spawn back in. also that the caracter stays at least 1 min wound/die-able ingame.

it really really sucks that pll behave like this.

Timer on log out. At last 30 seconds. Preferably minute.

With sitting animation.

Fixing logout on first sight of danger.

Aggressor timer. Shoot and your logout is delayed to 2 minutes. Preferably 5.

Fixing DC from zombies and shoot and DC campers.

Don't despawn zombies or items when log out or log in. Add zombies in military buildings. Increase number of zombies in heavy populated area(Cherno Elektro other cities and military camps). Bind some zombies to the location and make them always active(dont despawn when there is no players near).

Fixing(at last partially) log out in hot locations.

I'll be honest, I think I'd prefer this issue being sorted over more stuff fixed/added. The game is definitely playable as it is aside from pussy faggots quitting out when they shit their little panties. Grinds my gears :P

Your problem is that you do too much PvP, basically youre enjoying only this side of the game, so you're suffering much the disconnecting ppl.. basically you're playing it like Arma2.

If do "the whole rest" (everything that isn't focused only on PvP) you'll forget about the problem... in example i shoot at anything that moves that is around me, but i don't go around "hunting humans" (ie: camping on the balota hill to snipe noobs for no reason.. what i have to earn?) .. so if i try to kill someone is because i don't want him around (possibly killing me after...) .. if he disconnects, he makes me a favour: i save more bullets, or eventually the risk of finishing him exposing myself to someone else that was observing the fight.

Disconnection to avoid death isn't much a problem... disconnect to reposition somewhere else to have an advantage and kill you after << this is a problem, but this can be easily avoided: you cannot reconnect to the same server prior than 60 minutes. Problem solved! :)

This is fkin annoying me lately. I never had to deal with it before that much... But today I died because I was being stalked, realised too late and bam bam. Somehow spawned in Stary so I went to loot and saw two different guys... On both occasions I unloaded 2 rounds into both of them, before I could get the third in, poof! They disappear :/

Hopefully a solution for this is implemented soon.

this happened 4 times in a row yestarday, at first i didnt realize what was going on since im a noob at this game but upon reading this i got it.

its gone out of hand, most people are doing this.

Your problem is that you do too much PvP' date=' basically youre enjoying only this side of the game, so you're suffering much the disconnecting ppl.. basically you're playing it like Arma2.

If do "the whole rest" (everything that isn't focused only on PvP) you'll forget about the problem... in example i shoot at anything that moves that is around me, but i don't go around "hunting humans" (ie: camping on the balota hill to snipe noobs for no reason.. what i have to earn?) .. so if i try to kill someone is because i don't want him around (possibly killing me after...) .. if he disconnects, he makes me a favour: i save more bullets, or eventually the risk of finishing him exposing myself to someone else that was observing the fight.

Disconnection to avoid death isn't much a problem... disconnect to reposition somewhere else to have an advantage and kill you after << this is a problem, but this can be easily avoided: you cannot reconnect to the same server prior than 60 minutes. Problem solved! :)

[/quote']

It's not like a lot of us go actively hunting human players, we go raiding or just have a run about and we always scout the areas. When the group I'm in comes across people they're normally hiding along tree lines and such so we shoot first. We don't have any hugely powered weapons so we can't simply kill them 1 hit kill. Then they all disconnect alt/f4, it's pathetic really. Sit in a tree line outside a major traffic town for ages, try and prey on people weaker than yourself, not even for loot just because you're a dick basically then pussy out as soon as one bullet flies your way. To all those who do this - get a life seriously, if your character means THAT much to you I can't see you having much of an outside social life ...

/rageover

To all those who do this - get a life seriously, if your character means THAT much to you I can't see you having much of an outside social life ...

I'm afraid to imagine how many people are cutting their veins now after reading these lines.

To all those who do this - get a life seriously' date=' if your character means THAT much to you I can't see you having much of an outside social life ...[/quote']

I'm afraid to imagine how many people are cutting their veins now after reading these lines.

You mean you don't base your entire existance around the opinions of butthurt nerdbags? You're a loser then!

Agreed, it's the biggest problem at the moment and will really change the game for the better when it's sorted.

I don't see what the issue is.

This is a game, and like the show Caprica, you can always disconnect right before death IF YOU CAN ANTICIPATE IT.

I have no qualms about escaping the death of a character that I've worked on for days, or even weeks.

I also don't care if other people do it to save themselves; to be honest I feel like if you can make it out alive, the other person really didn't have a shot in the first place. If two people keep going at it in a firefight, then both people want to engage. However, why prevent players who wish to avoid being stalked or had a bad day, or a bad moment, whatever it may be, from escaping if they have a chance?

There is currently NO GUARANTEE that you will avoid death if you get shot, because you still may be bleeding and not be able to be saved.

That said, I am a player who sometimes kills for sport, and I do disconnect to avoid death, and as it should be. The game is terrifying and stressful already, preventing a person from having to go in the moment (life sometimes calls out of no-where) makes the game just ridiculously frustrating.

It is a game, isn't it? Should it really be THIS frustrating that we can't at least TRY to escape during a supremely dire situation?

thats such a sad statement exan... No you should not have a chance.

when i kill somoen i kill to take his gear, yet everyone pussies out by dcing as thus preventing me from getting said géar, you die suck it and quit being a idiot

Well, I really hope you keep some other things in mind, regarding this decision, Rocket.

The lots of Battleye high ping kicks, that are on most server. I got a guy in my group that for some reason has little ping spikes, and gets kicked by battleye high Ping because his ping shoot for some seconds over 300.

(For all who wonder why, he lives in the Canary Islands)

He usually suffers also from connection losses on some server. As he wants to stay with the group he reconnects. Especially if one of us is looting, or in a vehicle, so we don’t want to change the server.

You really want to punish him? More?

We usually connect to several servers, for some time till we se he does not get kicked before we start to play. Would this also be against the rules? - And, NO, we do not loot, till were all on the same server.

What about game crashes, if you are in a group you usually try to rejoin with your friends. When I started to play DayZ I got quite a few, they are gone for me since one of the last patches. But they where quite often.

Will this get my character killed?

Hopefully you keep in mind that there can be a lot more reasons for being disconnected with a afterwards reconnects, then pressing ALT+F4 to avoid being killed by someone.

I personally hold ALT+F4 ready when I spawn. Because its not the first time I spawn 10m above ground, and tart to fall just when I spawn. It happened at least 2 time to me in the last 3 weeks.

I wonder, if the ones that are so glad about these decisions are the same cunts, that camp spawn sites to shoot defenceless survivors with their sniper rifles.

Or the other "hero" in this forum, who needs the 107 sniper and two spotters, to get a kill on the airfield.

It's one of biggest issues, and kills so much of the tactical aspect of pvp. Yesterday I was shot at just outside vybor, the guy must have been a bad shot or really far away, but I could hear the DMR mags hitting around me. I ran and made it to the trees south of the filling station, I had planned to log out but stayed logged in for another 10 minutes while I scouted the area, eventually determining they must have been closer to the airfield and just chancing it. If I come under attack I play it out, and I have have maximum respect for anyone that similarly plays out combat scenarios honorably in DayZ because it allows for a whole other dynamic to PvP, particularly team fights. I've lost everything I wanted to find in DayZ at least once so I'm sure I'll find it again.

but killing disconnecters is such a pleasure. if you can calculate the place where they will connect. especially if it's some ghillie fuckers with m107, sniping harmless people in Cherno and disconnecting right away

I ran and made it to the trees south of the filling station, I had planned to log out
If I come under attack I play it out

You're either a poor writer or one extremely contradictory fellow.

-

Disco to avoid death is game breaking. Truth. Fix it.

when i kill somoen i kill to take his gear' date=' yet everyone pussies out by dcing as thus preventing me from getting said géar, you die suck it and quit being a idiot

[/quote']

That's not completely true.. anyone that is dedicate to the PvP today knows exactly that you kill to increase your killing score.. not for the other player gear... for two reasons: any average player has almost "everything"; plus it's extremely easy to find weapons and gear without killing anyone.

We kill people for fun.. not for their loot... if you look at the snipers, they doesn't even go to check the body most of the times.

when i kill somoen i kill to take his gear' date=' yet everyone pussies out by dcing as thus preventing me from getting said géar, you die suck it and quit being a idiot

[/quote']

That's not completely true.. anyone that is dedicate to the PvP today knows exactly that you kill to increase your killing score.. not for the other player gear... for two reasons: any average player has almost "everything"; plus it's extremely easy to find weapons and gear without killing anyone.

We kill people for fun.. not for their loot... if you look at the snipers, they doesn't even go to check the body most of the times.

Please speak for yourself, you have no idea what goes on in other people's heads. There is no need to pretend to be an oracle.

I barely ever kill anyone, but if I do it's most likely for loot. I would never do it to 'increase my killing score', in fact I wish the game would stop keeping track of it. That said, dc'ing is a major issue for me as it ruins the suspension of disbelief to have people popping in an out of existence and teleporting all over the place. I play DayZ for the immersion, and dc'ing ruins that completely. 'Kill score' hasn't got a bloody thing to do with it.

It is incredibly arrogant of you to tell other people what they think.

Personally i dont like shooting people in the dayz world. I will fire on human for 2 reasons. 1) people shoot at me. 2) i see them exploiting the d/c to save thier ass.

On thing i get really upset about is people teleporting. Disconnecting when you see someone joinanother server to get behind them and then connecting to the same server to pop up undetected.

I ran and made it to the trees south of the filling station' date=' I had planned to log out [/quote']
If I come under attack I play it out

You're either a poor writer or one extremely contradictory fellow.

-

Disco to avoid death is game breaking. Truth. Fix it.

Your either have no life or your just anal.

I have real good firefight yesterday.

My main group run into Stary Sobor like wild boars(7 men) and get under fire(what a surprise).

One guy died and other under fire dc(he dc all the time chicken).

I was running from Berezino and was near Nowy Sobor.

The main group was hiding into city getting shoot by invisible enemy from the hill.

I try to flank them but then these guys try to flank main group and we meet in open field.

I just get to the earth but they see me and start shooting.

There was rock between us and I just roll right and left to avoid hits. But then i decide to run. I almost get to the forest but get hit. Lost like 8K blood and broke leg. Crawl under tree and patch myself up.

Then run and hide under one big tree.

They come to look for me but they didn't find me. I was shaking with excitement.

Then they just start shooting again on my main group or other group(it was 3 or 4 side firefight very chaotic). Then I notice one guy in ghuile and some big rifle and when another shoot his DMR I shoot this guy in the head from main. Take that.

I was to afraid to look for another guy so I retreat.

Ofcourse I can DC like chicken but seriusly? Where is fun in it?

No risk no fun.

Also DC make PVP very easy.

You shoot somebody aggro 50 zombies in the city? Just DC.

You missed somebody with sniper rifle they shoot back? Just DC(and ghost them).

Next time think before shooting.

It need to be fixed.

The semiperma death is what makes this mod great. The feeling when you taking risk or get under fire. Or when you don't aggro whole city and try to run like crazy.

I mean you DC chickens and DC cowardly snipers you really don't know what you miss. And if you know and still don't wanna take part in the fun just go play some cards or something.

I have real good firefight yesterday.

My main group run into Stary Sobor like wild boars(7 men) and get under fire(what a surprise).

One guy died and other under fire dc(he dc all the time chicken).

I was running from Berezino and was near Nowy Sobor.

The main group was hiding into city getting shoot by invisible enemy from the hill.

I try to flank them but then these guys try to flank main group and we meet in open field.

I just get to the earth but they see me and start shooting.

There was rock between us and I just roll right and left to avoid hits. But then i decide to run. I almost get to the forest but get hit. Lost like 8K blood and broke leg. Crawl under tree and patch myself up.

Then run and hide under one big tree.

They come to look for me but they didn't find me. I was shaking with excitement.

Then they just start shooting again on my main group or other group(it was 3 or 4 side firefight very chaotic). Then I notice one guy in ghuile and some big rifle and when another shoot his DMR I shoot this guy in the head from main. Take that.

I was to afraid to look for another guy so I retreat.

Ofcourse I can DC like chicken but seriusly? Where is fun in it?

No risk no fun.

Also DC make PVP very easy.

You shoot somebody aggro 50 zombies in the city? Just DC.

You missed somebody with sniper rifle they shoot back? Just DC(and ghost them).

Next time think before shooting.

It need to be fixed.

The semiperma death is what makes this mod great. The feeling when you taking risk or get under fire. Or when you don't aggro whole city and try to run like crazy.

I mean you DC chickens and DC cowardly snipers you really don't know what you miss. And if you know and still don't wanna take part in the fun just go play some cards or something.

Agree with every word