rocket

Disconnecting to avoid death

You are the minority who have shit internet in the 21st century or a server hoppper. 20 Mbs is standard at least in the US. Thats fine for most US servers. Elsewhere speeds are actulley faster

Note how i didn't state i have a connection problem (I don't.) And how i'm the only person who seems to not be just talking about myself and nobody else.

For reference' date=' i'm on an fibre connection (You know, the big round cables that shoot light down them?) Probably faster than most people, always on, with equipment that isn't older than the internet itself. I specfically have no connection issues (except when the actual server itself dies, and given i run VOIP while playing it becomes quite obvious when the point of failure is not local) but that everyone throwing up random numbers of time waiting and locking you into servers is going to accomplish precisely nothing. There's simply more important things to do than try and add some arbitrary time delay. And adding a time delay won't just automagically solve everything in one go.

you clearly have it all sorted out, and anyone experiencing connection problems must just like in third world countries with piss poor internet connection.....

Well i had a better suggestion than yours. What was yours again? You didn't post anything of actual value to the discussion just now, so it's hard to tell...

wasnt even talking to you fucktard

Sorry dude, reading this at work, wasn't really paying attention.

20 Mbs is standard at least in the US.

Wtf you talking about? 20mbit (or more) is the standard in US big cities... it's not the standard in the US, where certain large areas doesn't even have a damn ISDN!

It's the same in UK, and the same in many other big countries.

You gonna have metropolitan areas with crazy fast lines, and other large areas with crappy internet.

It's not that anyone lives in the middle of NY or London.

Even in "Soviet Russia" we have 16-20mbit as average internet speed

The main server logs when you login and logout. If it detects you doing this too many times in a short space' date=' it will warn you when you login. If it continues to detect this, then it will punish you by killing your character.

[/quote']

Hi rocket, sometimes i loose my debug moniter (because of lag i think)

How will the server know that i'm not logging to avoid death ?

20 Mbs is standard at least in the US.

Wtf you talking about? 20mbit (or more) is the standard in US big cities... it's not the standard in the US' date=' where certain large areas doesn't even have a damn ISDN!

It's the same in UK, and the same in many other big countries.

You gonna have metropolitan areas with crazy fast lines, and other large areas with crappy internet.

It's not that anyone lives in the middle of NY or London.

[/quote']

http://www.netindex.com/

Even in "Soviet Russia" we have 16-20mbit as average internet speed

Exactly, so my point is all those complaining about "omgs if my internets fail or I have to server hop to find good server my character will die, NO logout timer waaaaaa" can stfu. 20 Mbs is plenty.

We tried the log out timer, but it did not work. Someone suggested log in timer. Could that be done with out it causing too many bugs? It would not fix the issue but would make server hoppers life a bit harder and players to log off in a safe place.

I know Rocket thinks avoiding death is an exploit, not meta gaming. Are the devs willing to take actions against players that get caught doing this? If we provide proof? I �think a 1 week to 1 month global ban would make players think twice about disconnecting in a fight. I know this is a difficult issue. I was accused of doing this a few days ago at the ne airstrip. But just knowing you might get globaly banned would stop some people doing it.

Honestly, it's a game

I wouldn't get all worked up over something so small.

So someone closes their game, who cares. It's a game, not real life. This isn't the Matrix where people jack-out.

We tried the log out timer' date=' but it did not work. Someone suggested log in timer. Could that be done with out it causing too many bugs? It would not fix the issue but would make server hoppers life a bit harder and players to log off in a safe place.

I know Rocket thinks avoiding death is an exploit, not meta gaming. Are the devs willing to take actions against players that get caught doing this? If we provide proof? I �think a 1 week to 1 month global ban would make players think twice about disconnecting in a fight. I know this is a difficult issue. I was accused of doing this a few days ago at the ne airstrip. But just knowing you might get globaly banned would stop some people doing it.

[/quote']

When did we try the Logout Timer??

Honestly' date=' it's a game

So someone closes their game, who cares. It's a game, not real life. This isn't the Matrix where people jack-out.

[/quote']

I can live with it if someone logs out if i shoot at him and thats that. What i absolutely dont want to see in the game is players that will shoot at others - get shot himself - log on another server and applies bandage and eats some beef and logs back to the fight. Or just snipes people from a distance until someone returns fire and sniper logs off. It really is an issue.

I actually recorded some video where some guys admit doing it. They got me fair, but when my friends shot at him he disconnected and went on another server to fix himself up and then came back. We lost some sweet stuff including my very first nvg and the lada. I dont mind loosing the stuff, im prepared for that allways but those cheaters did not deserve the loot!

[/quote']

We are all aware that it's a game, no need to point out the obvious. But clearly, the dc issue is breaking the game for a lot of people, it's like playing chess with someone who just moves his pieces any which way he likes. Not fun, not as intended.

Also, if you don't get 'worked up' (involved) by the game, why play it? I like DayZ because it presses buttons that other games rarely touches, because it is involving, because it gets me 'worked up'. Teleporting and people who disappear in thin air breaks the immersion and ruins the game, at least for me.

[/quote']

So, are you comparing The Matrix to real life?

Its getting silly now.

There was a guy crawling from the Hospital towards the appartement blocks in Chernogorsk, so I casually walked by (with my mega torch in hand) and he AltF4rd.

I guess he thought I was going to shine him to death :D

Never mind...

The main server logs when you login and logout. If it detects you doing this too many times in a short space' date=' it will warn you when you login. If it continues to detect this, then it will punish you by killing your character.

[/quote']

Ok..... I don't disconnect to avoid death. But I do server hop looking for daytime servers. I hate playing on nighttime servers. It can sometimes take as much as 8 hops to find a server that is daytime.

I log in, see that its nighttime, and log out to find another server. All within the space of 15 seconds after my character spawns.

Am I now going to have my character killed for not playing on nighttime servers? :(

Its getting silly now.

There was a guy crawling from the Hospital towards the appartement blocks in Chernogorsk' date=' so I casually walked by (with my mega torch in hand) and he AltF4rd.

I guess he thought I was going to shine him to death :D

Never mind...

[/quote']

This was pretty funny :) But yes something definitely needs to be done about D/Cing and server hopping. I think once Rocket is satisfied with 1.7.2 he needs to focus on patching up some of the exploits.

[/quote']

Ok..... I don't disconnect to avoid death. But I do server hop looking for daytime servers. I hate playing on nighttime servers. It can sometimes take as much as 8 hops to find a server that is daytime.

I log in, see that its nighttime, and log out to find another server. All within the space of 15 seconds after my character spawns.

Am I now going to have my character killed for not playing on nighttime servers? :(

The servers I play on have (GMT +/- something) in their name. Are there no servers like that available where you live? Why not, when you find one you like, write down the name of it? Would save you the trouble of hopping around, no?

Find a server thats daytime...write down it's name...play it from now on? You'll even start to see some of the same players on the server and may even get to know someone.

The servers I play on have (GMT +/- something) in their name. Are there no servers like that available where you live? Why not' date=' when you find one you like, write down the name of it? Would save you the trouble of hopping around, no?

[/quote']

At the time I'm able to play DayZ its usually 10pm CST or later. All of the low ping servers are in Atlanta, 1 hour ahead of me. Nearly all of them are nighttime then as well as every other low ping server. Sadly the low ping servers that do have the time in their name simply shorten the list of servers to try since I can already see they are nighttime.

i've noticed the increase of really stupid disconectors. i'm looting a deerstand when i see a guy running towards me, he fires a few shots and misses, so i go prone. zombies aggro him and he disconnects. i reposition cause i expected him to flank me, but the retard joins at the same spot. i decide to be a gentleman and not shoot the idiot while his body is frozen and he is still loading. he joins, goes to loot the deerstand and I follow him. when he climbs up i unload in his face, see his body drop, but he dissapears and no kill is registred.

seriously, how do these scumbags justify their behavior to themselves. if i was such a douchebag, i would look in the mirror and feel disgust.

get some decency alt+f4 scumbags.

I don't understand why it would be fun to play this game if you remove from your own gameplay the threat of dying? The threat of dying at anytime is one of the great aspects of this game that makes it intense and exciting. Take it like a man!

Yeah we had a perfect setup at Stary. Sniper to the south with me as his spotter. We had a second spotter with a thermal scope way to the north west to watch incoming people to the northwest and an assault guy in the north woods.

We spotted two survivors headed to the Stary camp. I was within 150 meters of the tents and we had our assaulter open fire. After he was done firing we were all in position to box them in and kill them, perfect strategy...they DCed and never came back to the server only knowing that one guy was after them at the time. Would have been an epic takedown had they had the BALLS to stay and die like men...

I'm just wondering what happen if people DC if they can't fight the one(s) attack him/them. For example, the other day, I was with my friend trying to get loot and we had to go, so we hid in an appartement being ready to DC to play later but as soon as we DC'ed, I heard a bullet barely hitting my head and we both DC'ed. I hope it's not considered as an everyday DC to avoid death.

Its understandable if you spend hours getting equipment just to have someone shoot you down to start all over again, with nothing at all.

Its understandable if you spend hours getting equipment just to have someone shoot you down to start all over again' date=' with nothing at all.

[/quote']

Well, that's the game. You not liking it is no excuse for using exploits, is it?