rocket

Disconnecting to avoid death

Agree with every word

Me too. The drawn-out chaotic firefights are the best! That's why there has to be a logout timer at all times, not just when bleeding.

had someone DC on me earlier today - shouldn't be instant at all

Come on rocket. Been nearly two months now, you said it can be "easily patched out in the near future"

It's game-breaking, and especially you who have some concerns for the pvp aspect of the game should realize this. :huh::huh:

Come on rocket. Been nearly two months now' date=' you said it can be "easily patched out in the near future"

It's game-breaking, and especially you who have some concerns for the pvp aspect of the game should realize this. :huh::huh:

[/quote']

He said that before he tried patching it out, then he had to roll back the attempt. Turned out, it wasn't easy afterall. But seriously, of course he is working on it. He knows it's a problem, everyone does. I think I just overheard my cat talking about what a problem it is.

It'll be ready when it's ready, and patience is a virtue.

EDIT: What would he have to gain by holding back if he had an easy fix? Really, what?

It is really annoying' date=' but what can be done about it?

[/quote']

Since you ask, look in my sig. The DC/RC one. Or as an alternative, half the posts on the entire forum.

It is really annoying' date=' but what can be done about it?

[/quote']

Since you ask, look in my sig. The DC/RC one. Or as an alternative, half the posts on the entire forum.

Can't be done without some major tweaks. This was implemented in one of the recent patches but it was used to dupe items like crazy.

He mentioned it could easily be implemented... but if you bothered to read page 3 he also points out that it hasnt bee implemented due to the fact that it will hinder legit players just as much.

My idea would be simple, although im not sure if itll truly be effective:

If you log on a specific server you are BARRED from set server/host/group for 1 hour. Meaning you cant go back into the same server after logging out.

For the people that are just looting they will spawn in on a different server, and just start looting till the timer is up.

For the people that were in the middle of pvp... they are now removed from the pvp for an hour and cant return to take advantage of the situation and basically forfeit any loot at the location to their opponent.

Not a bad idea but I still think a timer is the most logical solution. It works well in other pvp games.

He mentioned it could easily be implemented... but if you bothered to read page 3 he also points out that it hasnt bee implemented due to the fact that it will hinder legit players just as much.

My idea would be simple' date=' although im not sure if itll truly be effective:

If you log on a specific server you are BARRED from set server/host/group for 1 hour. Meaning you cant go back into the same server after logging out.

For the people that are just looting they will spawn in on a different server, and just start looting till the timer is up.

For the people that were in the middle of pvp... they are now removed from the pvp for an hour and cant return to take advantage of the situation and basically forfeit any loot at the location to their opponent.

[/quote']

That won't keep people from disconnecting out of combat, which is an exploit. Which must be adressed.

Disconnecting shortly after taking damage should make their character bright pink. That way we can identify the coward from a long distance.

My idea would be simple' date=' although im not sure if itll truly be effective:

[/quote']

That wont work. Some of us have to logout and restart the game for memory usage reasons. I'm not interested in being blocked from joining my server because cheaters are too scared to die.

The only way to make it a little less tempting is a timer for when you can connect back into the game.

sry but thats not enough - you can still escape when you are under fire.

ghostings or teleporting is only problem #2 ;)

How about you fix zombies so people don't have to do this? Make them give chase after awhile and not keep continually spawning so quickly.

As few players have already suggested, best way to deal disconnect-abusers is to put a timer on disconnections.

Anywhere between 20 to 30 seconds is enough to deal the issue. Also, disconnection timer would reset if players takes any action (example move or shoot) during disconnection time period.

To all fair players these terms won't be a problem.

FIX THIS ISSUE :@

I just shot at a player in Stary he disconnected, reconnected 30 seconds later and killed me. I spent all day looting had EVERYTHING because I found a dead player who had range finder, NVG, M9 with 5 SD mags, I had FN FAL from heli, and a coyote pack. I had everything you could want and this ***** CHEATED me out of it.

This is MORE IMPORTANT TO fix then ADDING A FN CROWBAR.

Fully agree with the timer suggestion, would be a simple fix and an effective one, any movement and it stops it, would prevent all these people from cheating

Most of the proposed solution wouldn't address (at least not completely) all the problems.

- Timer on disconnect: if implemented it must have an abort function (you must have the control of your character during the countdown, eventually aborting it if you feel in danger, by simply moving), but whenever it will be correctly implemented it will only solve the problem partially. A firefight can least longer than this supposed timeout, so in example hiding behind an obstacle would give you enough time to quit, forcing the other person to rush into killing you for the fear that you're going to disconnect. It also doesn't solve the server hoppers for looting: the timeout is ininfluent because you hide in the forest while server hopping for deer stands or other military locations. And you can also still disconnect to reposition on the same server if the enemy didn't see you yet.

- Spawn delay: you character won't move for X seconds during the respawn. This is the worst idea ever, exposing anyone to being spawnkilled, and anyway leaving your character without the user control. There's no need to comment here... it would be bad on many levels.

What's the worst problem atm? It's not the missed kill, but the ppl killing you AFTER they have repositioned. The most logic solution is the one proposed already: blocking the relogin on the same server for 1 hour. It won't solve the "avoiding death" situations, but at least you won't be "punished" (being killed) by exploiting it!

The Log off should simply last some time. The counter goes down from 30secs... or 45secs, where the player is not allowed to move (or shoot). If he does, logging off is aborted. Of course, one may accomplish to do nothing during a shoot-out for that time, but I doubt that this will work out more often than it does not. If someone had to loose some loot at that point he will choose whatever is more safe (at the moment one chooses to log off, because it is easy and safe to do so).

Server- hopping should be addressed server-sided I think. If a player logs off from a server and logs on again somewhere else, thats ok. But if he does this several times (successful!! -> if player is in game and did already move), simply lock the loggon for 5 Minutes (first repeated hopping), 10Minutes (second repeated hopping), 20Minutes (third repeated hopping)... ... ... .

I think this would fix 98% of the issues and I would be quite pleased with that. Remember... life is not always fair.

Obviously there is no solution that is perfect, but a log-out timer of 20 or so seconds would fix the biggest annoyance of all - someone avoiding certain death by just proning and dc-ing. The good thing about this is it's not a hindrance to legit players so there's no reason for it not to be implemented for now.

Ah' date=' but who's bitching and moaning. As I said, I am just stating a truth. I'm sure that I have been breathing on this life longer than you too kiddo. Sorry for the kiddo, but either you can not read well or you're one of the ones than lends himself just to camping on a hill waiting for some one to cross your sites. No matter which way it announces your adolescences quite well. I actually love the PvP, but PvP and shooting fish in a barrel are too very different things.

[/quote']

The "truth"? You're stating an opinion. Well, more like an incoherent rant laced with vitriol and almost devoid of any point or argument. It's like you downed ten beers and thought it'd be a good idea to air the convoluted mess of brainfarts that occurred to you at the time.

From what little or bad experience you've had in the game, you've drawn a conclusion, and not at all a valid one. You bark generalisations and judgements on other players, with ridiculous logic like "Most of the people so proud of their Player kills are just pussy snipers not capable of making it in a more competitive FPS."

On top of the "pussy snipers", you contradict yourself by saying it's "spray and pray", and I can't help but wonder if you decided to compose your thoughts at all in any sort of form from which a person might be able to draw some sort of intelligent reasoning?

You say it's "splitting off into two games", without elaborating on that statement with anything but a vague rant about how you were expecting a "zombie survival game", as if the players you're ineffectually ragging on are some how excluded from the survival aspect of the game.

If you decide to respond, I do hope you try and convey some sort of point this time.

3 min timer hourglass each time you deco.

It fixes all the exploits.

period.

You can camp a military camp for half an hour but you cant wait 3 min ?

3 minutes is a long time. you can easily be discovered in that time. I was parked up in bushes in the middle of nowhere last week waiting for someone and got spotted.

30 seconds is fine IME. If you've not killed the guy by then you probably weren't going to.

More than less. Prefer 3 minutes than 30 seconds.

And sitting or sleeping animation.

Shorter time if you log out in your tent.