griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

Awesome, but new engine means higher PC specs ... Oh damn.. i think my pc isnt going to handle that.. but, can i get at a little "sign" ? :D i mean, i can play arma 2 on high... ( not very high-maximum ) Can my PC handle a standalone DayZ at least on medium?? ;/

It's been said that if you can run DayZ or Arma 2 you'll have no issues with the standalone.

It's been said that if you can run DayZ or Arma 2 you'll have no issues with the standalone.

becuase it is litterally the same game

becuase it is litterally the same game

I don't think 'literally' means what you think it means. It's not the same game.

Arma2 is Arma2, DayZ standalone will be DayZ on a branch of the Take On Helicopters engine, which itself is a branch of the Arma2 OA engine.

Branch = not the same.

Actual babies neither glow nor explode, though they have been known to cry occasionally.

I think having infected children in Dayz would lead to a ban/cencored version in many places, just like it happened to Fallout. But you never know...

Just have infected dwarfs and pygmies and stuff, it's a good enough compromise

Actual babies neither glow nor explode, though they have been known to cry occasionally.

I think having infected children in Dayz would lead to a ban/cencored version in many places, just like it happened to Fallout. But you never know...

I meant that they look and sound like babies as opposed to being all mutated necromorph-ey :)

To be honest I am inclined to agree with you, it would create a rather lot of controversy, due to the more who would undoubtedly go around slaughtering infected children and try to make a joke out of it.

Your mis-quoting Poisonman, he was referring to the user above, not me.

Fraggle is correct, my post was a jab at AADiC. lol

You can't insult the beans, I mean comon, just look at that avatar, you just want to give it a hug.

Didn't resident evil 2 and dawn of the dead have infected children that get killed? Kinda not seeing the difference. Not to mention that aliens vs predators 2 movie where you see like an 8 year old get chest bursted. Then there's that whole baby scene from feast 2.

While I'm sure that there would be controversy, there's also undeniably work arounds. What I love about dayZ is it hasn't been ruined by the console casual mainstream market, and isn't afraid to try anything outside of a cover-based shooter

Didn't resident evil 2 and dawn of the dead have infected children that get killed? Kinda not seeing the difference. Not to mention that aliens vs predators 2 movie where you see like an 8 year old get chest bursted. Then there's that whole baby scene from feast 2.

While I'm sure that there would be controversy, there's also undeniably work arounds. What I love about dayZ is it hasn't been ruined by the console casual mainstream market, and isn't afraid to try anything outside of a cover-based shooter

I don't think you can directly compare movies and games, there is an important difference in the perspective. In movies you watch something terrible being done by others, in a game you do the terrible stuff yourself.

Add to that the fact that it would take about eight minutes after the game was released for some knobhead to post a video on Youtube featuring a naked sasquatch killing a thousand kids with a crowbar.

I'm pretty sure this would affect the ratings and maybe result in censorship/ban.

Note that I am not against adding children to the game as such, I just worry that it might cause problems that are better avoided.

Still no confirmed date...

Something about Rocket releasing the game in March from Mt Everest's peak and then being the not only the first DayZ player in the standalone but the first MAN to game / play DayZ from Top Mt Everest...

I know it sounds crazy, but I mean comon its Rocket, he is a beast, like Chuck Norris 2.0.

Edited by poisonman
  • Like 1

I know it sounds crazy, but I mean comon its Rocket, he is a beast, like Chuck Norris 2.0.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

Something about Rocket releasing the game in March from Mt Everest's peak and then being the not only the first DayZ player in the standalone but the first MAN to game / play DayZ from Top Mt Everest...

Now that's got potential.

barely no1 will buy the game, the game needs some sort of END GAME it won't work otherwise people wil lget bored as most people already have pfff but u know nuffin aobut game making i understand SCRUBS

I am for Zombie Children!! A blood thirsty hyper active child is terrifying... Just imagine a obese zombie lingering in the grocery store! Just saying.. I am scared of fat blood thirsty people..

• Like 1

I don't think you can directly compare movies and games, there is an important difference in the perspective. In movies you watch something terrible being done by others, in a game you do the terrible stuff yourself.

Add to that the fact that it would take about eight minutes after the game was released for some knobhead to post a video on Youtube featuring a naked sasquatch killing a thousand kids with a crowbar.

I'm pretty sure this would affect the ratings and maybe result in censorship/ban.

Note that I am not against adding children to the game as such, I just worry that it might cause problems that are better avoided.

In Dead Space 2 you kill necromorph teenagers and babies , and that game was mainstream

barely no1 will buy the game, the game needs some sort of END GAME it won't work otherwise people wil lget bored as most people already have pfff but u know nuffin aobut game making i understand SCRUBS

So I take it that you will still buy the standalone?

Or shit goes wrong and we never see rocket or the DayZ standalone.

Edited by Timberwolf

36. Q: Any chance of a new island when you go Beta, specifically Taviana or Lingor? [skint]

A: For the alpha (december), no. I am hoping we sell 1, 2 million copies. Then we can get really ambitious... what use are islands when you have proce... I've said to much.... :P

Procedural maps? Hell yeah, Nothing beats the first time spawning in and exploring the unknown. Please make it so.

• Like 1

36. Q: Any chance of a new island when you go Beta, specifically Taviana or Lingor? [skint]

A: For the alpha (december), no. I am hoping we sell 1, 2 million copies. Then we can get really ambitious... what use are islands when you have proce... I've said to much.... :P

Procedural maps? Hell yeah, Nothing beats the first time spawning in and exploring the unknown. Please make it so.

totally agree with that. my first days when I did'nt know the area and hadn't find the online map, were the most awesome days. exploring city's, watching for village name signs.. brilliant

• Like 1

totally agree with that. my first days when I did'nt know the area and hadn't find the online map, were the most awesome days. exploring city's, watching for village name signs.. brilliant

Ya +1. As much as loot maps help, they ruin the play experience. The most fun I had with dayz is when I ran around the coast with my friend, and then making our way up north to the unknown.

• Like 1