griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

So another "update" and nothing about SA?

Also Rocket's last activity on the forums is 2 weeks ago now, thanks for caring.

Geez.

Edited by k3lt

Hell, all I do all day is roam the internet and post shit on forums. I'd make a great PR-guy.

same me :) maybe i am boss like

rocket all the best! Dayz is great i love the mod so much. And even if i have to wait for SA

I still can play the Mod soo whats the proplem? :) i am the lucky one

• Like 1

I'm beginning to think it has already happened and we are surrounded by forum zombies posting the same jokes over and over. Oh the horror.

There's absolutely no rush to get the standalone out there. I don't understand why they were so determined to hit 2012 in the first place. War Z has been a complete failure, so there's no pressure to compete with that anymore.

I had a feeling the game wasn't going to be released within the year since the "Greece incident" but I admire Rocket for trying and will be quite happily surprised if he manages.

Was setting the goal the wisest idea? Probably not. But I'd rather him not make the deadline and wait for the game a bit than have him rush for it and half-ass things.

Welcome to the real world. After you spend half the year flying around the world promoting a game you already had 1 million potential customers you finally sat down to do some actual work. You set a unrealistic deadline and quite frankly handled the media rather than your customers.

Some of us do jobs like this every day you know which actually require us to deliver and perform than blow smoke up people's ass.

Single mothers have to raise 3 kids on their own etc. Sorry but I have no pity on your newly found celebrity life style.

Suck it up and get back to work

^ This guy makes me want to vomit. Vile scum bag..

I'm looking forward to the stand alone, couldn't care less when it's released. For people who actually do work and have lives that don't revolve around a game, I'm sure the delay doesn't really effect your day to day. Unlike this fool quoted above.

Keep your heads up people, good things come to those who wait :P.

• Like 7

^ This guy makes me want to vomit. Vile scum bag..

I'm looking forward to the stand alone, couldn't care less when it's released. For people who actually do work and have lives that don't revolve around a game, I'm sure the delay doesn't really effect your day to day. Unlike this fool quoted above.

Keep your heads up people, good things come to those who wait :P.

Things do come to those who wait

BUT

Hes giving everyone false promises and then failing to give everyone updates and then comes out with a sob story.

What a silly was to handle game development by getting personal lol

• Like 2

It's unfortunate that Rocket was unable to release any further details regarding the SA as he stated he would. But then, we all knew this was a possibility. Things change, and Rocket doesn't control all the variables. One thing I'm certain of though, Rocket's doing as much as humanly possible to provide us with an improved game we all know and love in the shortest amount of time. Can't wait for it to get here!

Edited by CamP

It's like he was building hype since November with the huge blog update, with lots of features, what to come etc. then he made announcement there will be December blog update in "1 week", i guess people were super hyped by then and just couldnt wait, and now after 2 weeks he released/said nothing new about SA.. thats not cool, it's like showing your community a middle finger and now he released some crap on Reddit how he is tired and stressed...

It's not like community demanded anything, people just wanted what Rocket ANNOUNCED. (same goes for unrealistic release date, if you cant keep your word then dont say anything, and if you already announced and couldn't do what you said then atleast give a CLEAR REASON we really do not expect much.)

Announcing something and then sitting quiet for 2 weeks saying nothing, not visiting forums and ignoring twitter will surely not help.

Dafuq.

Edited by k3lt
  • Like 4

Hello there

Have people forgotten that the chap is just a human being?

And that sometimes things just don't go to plan, sometimes life can just drop a large poo on one?

We are not losing out on anything. He's not doing anything to deliberately spite anyone. It's in his best interest to ensure things go smoothly so I doubt he'd deliberately do any thing to annoy his/the games fanbase.

I think the sense of entitlement is growing.

Yes, it's frustrating but it's just a game.

Have patience, it will turn up, it should be damn good.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 5

Hello there

Have people forgotten that the chap is just a human being?

And that sometimes things just don't go to plan, sometimes life can just drop a large poo on one?

Then why not say it? We dont expect the damn SA come right now or even this month, we just want a CLEAR INFORMATION what is going on.

People are not upset because he didn't released the damn game but because lack of any communication.

Hello there

It looks to me like he was quite clear. What is it you want to know?

Rgds

LoK

soooooo is it coming out this monthhh??!?!?!? please tell me that it is coming out tomorrow

Why reditt? Why not here where his community are?

Maybe he can't actually load the website? ;)

• Like 8

Icemotoboy has just been resurrected from the dead, he tweeted something about slow ones taking out the fast ones that lack intengrity. *coug* War Z *cough*

soooooo is it coming out this monthhh??!?!?!? please tell me that it is coming out tomorrow

it is NOT coming out THIS month. maybe january 2013 but probably even later.

With the WarZ revealed to be a total trainwreck and Christmas fast approaching I for one would be perfectly happy if the team decided to take some well-earned time off, put the entire thing to bed for a while, and continue in the new year. However, although I can understand its a steep learning curve, I'd agree that the whole PR side of DayZ has been handled very unprofessionally in the last month or so. At least compile a small tumblr post with a few words and a couple of screenshots if we see 2012 out with no SA release.

I know I'll probably be flamed for this but, I just love how so many people are giving Rocket such a hard time. It's clear that he wanted to have the standalone out before the end of the year. He wanted to give us updates about where the development process was, but things change. I'm sure there were a lot of unforeseen variables that have caused the development to slow down, and not meet the deadline Rocket set for themselves. Which I can understand is probably causing a large amount of stress. Yes he hasn't updated the community as much as he stated he would, but is it really needed. Does there really have to be an explanation of what is, and isn't done. Imho people expect way too much from people. I can see where someone would be disappointed about it not coming out before the end of the month. I can also see people's point that they are disappointed with the lack of game updates. But I don't understand where anyone has the right to be upset with Rocket to the point of acting like he's a horrible person because of it. I've only been part of the community for a month or so, but I've read as much as I can as well as watch youtube videos and streams. So I'm very eager to see, and play the standalone. But I myself don't believe Rocket owes me, or anyone else an explanation for his actions that he's taken. So I'm in agreement with someone in a previous post. The mod is still able to be played. So keep playing that til more info is released, and or the standalone is released.

• Like 2