griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

Its not the 1st time im waiting for a game to come out, usualy when it comes out, its crappy and a bunch of people try it out the 1st day and get to find some awesome buggs for the developers to fix (Beta). So, im not realy in a hurry.... Im saying this cause i see people beeing all excited and cant wait for it to come out. At 1st its gonna disapoint you all! So, im not expecting alot from the game, thats why im gonna enjoy it more then any body else. Muahaha

If it will be a disappoint (which it won't) I will be playing Dayz Celle or Wasteland.

I should hope it doesn't dissapoint us all at first. He has had the already established Day Mod to go off.

It's a little more complicated than that bud, a heck of a lot more complicated.

I think what most people are expecting from the initial release of the standalone is just the mod with enterable buildings and a system to reduce hacking, they've done a decent job of keeping expectations reasonable.

• Like 1

I think what most people are expecting from the initial release of the standalone is just the mod with enterable buildings and a system to reduce hacking, they've done a decent job of keeping expectations reasonable.

Exactly, just cos I'm excited about the initial alpha release of the SA doesn't mean I expect the full experience straight out of the box. No, in fact I anticipate quite a few bugs, and I'm also perfectly aware that many of the desired features such as base building won't be ready in December. Hence the low price point! And guess what? I'm fine with that. Looking forward to being a part of the alpha! I can understand people who don't have the patience for that though.

• Like 1

I hope they raise the max ping.

I live in New Zealand and cant get fast broadband even though I'm only a few km out of town.

On DayZ Commander i join the servers with low ping (around 40 - 70), then when the game loads I can play for about a minute then i get kicked for high ping. I can play BF3 on pretty much any servers, but New Zealand and Australian severs have no lag for me.

From what i have read, the reason for the ping limit is that players with high ping and the zombies chasing them lag on other players PCs. Is this true, and how much of a problem is this for other players. Surely other players and zombies would lag on my PC if i have high ping so there would be no advantage for me, nor disadvantage for other players due to my high ping.

Will I be able to play Dayz Standalone, or will I have to continue being killed by 12 year old quick scopers on BF3? :(

I hope they not, and its server setting already...

It does that to other players and its TRUE pain in the ass when someone lags, you cant kill him as he is warping around "randomly", like in any other game.

I know for some its not possible to get good connection to certain servers, but it doesnt "give them right" to ruin other peoples gaming experience.

ps. bf3 12 year old quick scopers?... havent seen many, that the cod thing ^^

Edited by Zeppa

What Rocket seems to be saying is that they'd really like to get Standalone out this year, that's their target, but if it's not truly ready, it'll be delayed into early next year.

Edited by WhiteZero

I had to format my HDD a couple of months ago so decided to take that time as a break and just wait it out, every day that passes now I get closer and closer to just re-installing the mod and getting back in to the game, the only other game holding my attention for longer than a few hours is counter strike.

If it is delayed then back to the mod we go for Christmas although the thing I am looking forward to most is having the game as one single entity that can have updates applied to it and I don't have to worry about versions and putting files in the correct places and how the six launcher doesn't work at all for me. Just click once and play it, a dream come true.

Sweet. I heard before end of 2012 but so soon :o? In time for the Holidays.

1.7.4.4 rolling update, planes... namalsk.... I saw one @_@

21 December 2012

Apocalypse

Zombie apocalypse ;)

What Rocket seems to be saying is that they'd really like to get Standalone out this year, that's their target, but if it's not truly ready, it'll be delayed into early next year.

NO, what he said was that he didnt want a release date as its expected to change DURING the month, so it will still be in december regardless.

Excellent news, I hope they do put a good price on it too $60-80.

This will keep the idiots and hackers away.

In the standalone they are making it extremely difficult to use hacks, and what they mean by minecraft priceing system is it is going to start at a low price when it comes out and each buy will fund the later developement and over time it will cost a maximum of 30$.

Excellent news, I hope they do put a good price on it too $60-80.

This will keep the idiots and hackers away.

In the standalone they are making it extremely difficult to use hacks, and what they mean by minecraft priceing system is it is going to start at a low price when it comes out and each buy will fund the later developement and over time it will cost a maximum of 30$.

Well that sucks..I just bought Arma2 and OA to play Dayz this week..

I hope the standalone's system requirements aren't insane like Arma 3..some of us still live on a budget, ill have to wait for the Sys Requirements to be released before I buy the standalone..

I imagine with Arma 2 being old there is quite a bit of Day Z players who are in the same boat waiting for the Sys Requirements..hope you guys keep that in mind as you don't want to lose half of your players because of hardware or end up splitting the community between the MOD and Standalone

Edited by dirtyzerg

Insane requirements?

I have like 4 years old pc and still meet those requirements(quad core etc etc), some people must have budget "budget" PCs..

But its said that If you can run arma2 you can run Dayz... maybe even better when its optimized.

Edited by Zeppa
  • Like 1

I have only 1 question. When you say 20~30 dollars, does it mean monthly? Because it would be more expensive then most games i play, and i play a lot of games. DC Universe charged the same and the game died very fast. Please, tell me it is not a monthly fee.

I have only 1 question. When you say 20~30 dollars, does it mean monthly? Because it would be more expensive then most games i play, and i play a lot of games. DC Universe charged the same and the game died very fast. Please, tell me it is not a monthly fee.

No, it's a one time payment.

• Like 2

Insane requirements?

I have like 4 years old pc and still meet those requirements(quad core etc etc), some people must have budget "budget" PCs..

But its said that If you can run arma2 you can run Dayz... maybe even better when its optimized.

This actually made me quite happy.... I can run Arma II on High with a Dual Core PC, no framerate lag. :D

Edited by zenorc123

This actually made me quite happy.... I can run Arma II on High with a Dual Core PC, no framerate lag. :D

depends on what you percieve as happy with some maybe happy with 25-30 fps some may want 60 fps

i wouldnt even play it on a dualcore as i know for a fact it would be 20 fps or below sometimes.

depends on what you percieve as happy with some maybe happy with 25-30 fps some may want 60 fps

i wouldnt even play it on a dualcore as i know for a fact it would be 20 fps or below sometimes.

Well, you could say that but I can play on 40 fps which is I think, playable enough. If I love it and I can play it, I would definitely get it.

agreed, I get annoyed everytime my fps drops too low...lets say 35 or under it starts to be very annoying... 45-60 and its fine.

Somewhere in between December 1st and 31th.