rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.5

If you have to do extensive research on a game to learn how to play, that is a flaw in development. By not giving brand new players something to defend themselves with in a new and harsh environment is a flaw in design. It does nothing but frustrate and push new players away from the game. We already know how to play, so not having a weapon isn't a big deal. Try thinking from something than your own biased point of view. Melee weapons on startup does not exist in the game. And unless you only read my post, there are dozens of people asking for things in this forum that aren't in the game.

Talk about ignorance.

Personally, I don't necessarily want the average gamer playing DayZ. At least, not just yet. The average gamer is going to figure out how to kill something with their issued weapon and run around making everyone's life miserable, trolling, etc. By making someone do a little research and understand the game before they dive into it, they respect it more, as I did when I first started. I must have read about DayZ for a week before I decided to get involved with it. I don't want the casual gamer in here shooting everything up and making the experience less than pleasurable. At least, in the Alpha.....

• Like 4

i'm sorry. I'm going to be one of those people that doesn't read every page to see if it's been asked/answered already and possibly ask the exact same question again.. and I hate those people. Is anything being done to reduce load times? On full servers it can take 10-15 minutes just to get in.

does it give a reason you were kicked? battleye?

Nope, just says "You have been kicked from the game". BattleEye initializes, then I get dropped, I think it's 1.67 or something. I updated BE manually to the latest version as well, same thing.

could someone please confirm if the artifact fix will actually fix the issues from BEFORE the latest build?

i was sometimes getting artifacts in NW airfield, like weeks ago.

i'm sorry. I'm going to be one of those people that doesn't read every page to see if it's been asked/answered already and possibly ask the exact same question again.. and I hate those people. Is anything being done to reduce load times? On full servers it can take 10-15 minutes just to get in.

Dunno I couldn't be bothered to read previous posts to find the question for you ;) better hope not everyone is like us eh? :D

btw You only need read the op from Rocket to see future intentions, no mention means its not being worked on, yet. Its obvious it is required and that he's fully aware of it.

Edited by Turk
  • Like 3

Dunno I couldn't be bothered to read previous posts to find the question for you ;) better hope not everyone is like us eh? :D

btw You only need read the op from Rocket to see future intentions, no mention means its not being worked on, yet. Its obvious it is required and that he's fully aware of it.

Beans for that first line... And I thought it so good, I went back to some other post just to give you seconds.

sooo rocket u son of inspired divinity xD,

maybe u can add a command like your "minecraft"-vision use it? i mean exactly like "save-all" for admins or something like that. This would be awesome because at the moment my server doesnt saving vehicles ( 1 ATV works without any problems ) but any other car will despawn + sometimes v3s/ural/bus turn into a bike after serverrestart and tents dont save gear and will be wiped sometimes. I hope u fix this asap and dont adding other less minor priority features. I love this game but the gamemechanic / basics whatever should be fix with a higher priority.

but you and your team does good work, keep on! :beans: :thumbsup:

What with Ghillie suits dissapearing ammo? I mean, always when you log in with ghillie worn you spawn with different inventory, and you always loose something.

that never ever happened to me though

While the infinite ammo with aborting may be fixed with this patch, you can still refill your ammo switching clothes. As in, find camo/ghillie/another pair of civilian clothing and just change clothes to refill. Should *probably* be fixed as well. Especially since this gives an advantage to people finding (rare) clothes.

green, we fuel it up to max but when is off and no one inside it loses fuel. any idea why anyone?

Thanks.

Looks like is been reported already on bug tracker https://dev-heaven.net/issues/39392 as this is a serious problem because it takes ages to fill the damn thing up.

P.S like to add that the current state of the Heli UH-1H is 100% Green and fully repaired

Edited by OutlawXGP

Someone said choppers are leaking fuel if even one of the windows on it is broken. That guy needed around 10 glass shields to fix his chopper.

Someone said choppers are leaking fuel if even one of the windows on it is broken. That guy needed around 10 glass shields to fix his chopper.

Hmm in that case i will get the rest of the windows fixed. but how can a window effect the fuel lol. it seems more like a bug to me

* [FIXED] Converting between magazine types resets ammo count (Now only contains previous number of rounds)

Does is means that we finally will convert two magazines of M24 to half filled DMR magazine? Or two 2Rnd slugs/pellets (dual-barreled) to 8Rnd slugs/pellets (benelli, remington)?

And how? How we can load magazine with lower ammo count from inv?

Rocket, I am extremely frustrated with this new algorithm implemented in 1724 re the alt-f4.

Twice now, stuck 5 times at a loading screen. I am forced to alt-f4. Twice been sent back to the beach from the middle of the map. This is ridiculous.

Somehow, somewhere, the code must reflect the player either stuck at a screen (therefore, no data is being transmitted?) and reflect actual play data.

Thank you for reading.

Rocket you need to get all the hackers out of here we got a heli today and a load of stuff, a hacker teleports to us with m136 and satchel charges and blew up all of our tents and then teleported the vehicles on the server to nwaf with everyone. Need to make it so this stuff doesn't happen.

• Like 1

hey rocket should disable those white circle halos on the side of the screen not sure if anybody notices them but hackers may use that for their advantage to find vehicles near them with a script. Also should disable any scripting commands such as createmarker or createmarkerlocal on the client side in the dayz mod itself I don't know if its possible to do but it just may stop hackers from teleporting to them or being able to see them on the map. Wish I can find those private sites if I find any I'll share what I find in their scripts and tell them what they are using and atleast in that way you guys can figure out a way to prevent it. I will PM it and not show it public. Also disable setposition script or anything that a hacker can use to teleport with.

If you can disable anything like that, it would really help alot and stop hackers from using anything to troll with. Also disable allowdamage 1 if possible. You can also add in some stuff for admins to use I'm sick of being powerless as an admin and can't find out who is launching scripts.. if you can find a way to script in a way to show up on screen to show when a player launches a foreign script or execute something to where it has allowdamage 0 in a script it should show it to an admin. Also should see if its possible to create something to detect when a player teleports from a certain distance like a player teleported like 500m out of no where or 10,000m out of no where and tell the admin and the admin can investigate it :). Also the admins should be able to read player stats as well in game. If you can make anything like that for admins to use that'll be awesome anything to show player's information or game stats and don't show their location or any of that but just the stats will be fine.

Admins should be able to get information about a player or anything that an admin can use to gather evidence before they ban will be greatly appreciated. Just don't tell admins like their location. Also players should be able to see who they got killed by. But I mean in a way I do understand why you have them disabled as hackers can use it to rage against that player with hacks to get them back. But if true admins be able to see it only like in displays in group channel that be cool also. Right now Day Z is in desperate help of some admin power.

Edited by Tactical_Force
  • Like 2

Rocket, I am extremely frustrated with this new algorithm implemented in 1724 re the alt-f4.

Twice now, stuck 5 times at a loading screen. I am forced to alt-f4. Twice been sent back to the beach from the middle of the map. This is ridiculous.

Somehow, somewhere, the code must reflect the player either stuck at a screen (therefore, no data is being transmitted?) and reflect actual play data.

Thank you for reading.

I usually have to wait around 5 - 10 minutes at the screen and it'll eventually load up. Your not stuck there just have to be extra patient to let it load.

I know Rocket wants to carefully test patches before he releases them at a specific time of the week. I just wish he'd make an exception for when when a major nearly gamebreaking bug, like the current graphical glitch, pops up, and release a fix ASAP.

Edited by Jony_WI
  • Like 1

duping back pack too easy. Found a ghillie suit, put my back pack on the floor to wear the suit (other wise there is the chance that your backpack will disappear or reset to 8/8 coyote patrol) go to pick up my backup and i had a new one duped on me. To be fixed soon i hope.

Any fix on how zombies detect you from very far?

Rocket you fucking cunt i spend money for this game and now i respawn always in krutoy cap. you think i spend my money for a game to run around somewhere? fucking dickhead enable respawn button. how stupid are u to have such an idea? better work on the long loading screen time and the hackers!

[Warned - 3 day suspension - Ubi]

You paid for Arma 2, and you downloaded dayz for free. If your so pissed at Rocket or dayz go play regular Arma 2. Dayz is a alpha version of a mod that Rocket came up with in his spare time, give the guy a break...

Anyways, Thank the lord! No more graphics glitches! I can finally start playing again, because I'm currently at the NWAF and every single time i log in my screen gets raped, good thing this is being fixed! Thanks Rocket, keep up the good work!

Edited by nstar247
  • Like 2

Eliminating duping in the mod is impossible.

I can improve things better than they are, but this must be solved in the engine source.

NOOOOo it can't be!!!

That's impossible!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

(hangs myself)

How about some updates against hackers killing every player in the entire fucking server. I've died 3 times to hackers now. I love dayz and I'm addicted to it, but seriously this PISSES ME OFF.

• Like 1

Reduce zombie spawn rates while players are present, currently once you kill them new ones spawn instantly and it looks derp

• Like 2