rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.5

All bugs and fixes must be focused against exploiters and hackers.... after discovery this ...Link removed ...I'm gonna wait for the oficial release - stand alone version. ( second time me and a friend was hacked.. playing fair enough without pvp/dc and accepting zombie kill ).. why do a clear play when you die hacked?

Friend words.. "and oficcially noone is looking into this, just banning replaceble id�s wont solve anything whatsoever"

more info: ***************************************************

i'll be back for the stand alone... thanks for the best mod/pvp to arma 2

Do not post links to Hacks/Sites.

PPS 3 days + 1 warning point.

Edited by Boneboys

All bugs and fixes must be focused against exploiters and hackers.... after discovery this ************* I'm gonna wait for the oficial release - stand alone version. ( second time me and a friend was hacked.. playing fair enough without pvp/dc and accepting zombie kill ).. why do a clear play when you die hacked?

I blame battleye. the anti cheat engine that doesn't seem to stop cheats. Idk I mean its not even cheats, its scripts. Why can't they just check the files when you start the game.

I blame Hackers.

Do not quote BAD LINKS.

Edited by Boneboys
  • Like 1

Someone suggested something very interessting (at least for me). The idea is assuming that tents and vehicles are saved in the hive.

Why not save them on each server? If there are more than a million tents, than there are more tents than unique players in the game. This is crazy! It's probably because of duping (Intentional and bugs).

Tents and vehicles are only the buisness of the according server. There is no need to save them in a central database beside security and preventing admin exploits. The same goes with barbed wire, sandbags etc. Saving those things for one server should be easy (in my opinion). Saving all those things on a central server isn't.

If those things are already saved on each server indevidually, than I can't really see why there are still so many horrible bugs and exploits.

@bola:

Censor your link please. Don't make advertising for the site!!!

Edited by ToasterDiagramm
  • Like 2

@bola:

Censor your link please. Don't make advertising for the site!!!

People must see what are they dealing..... this isn't advertising.. just dont download-it!

Excellent update. I would suggest adding 2 things.

Fix the Leaking of helicopters when they don't have windows please.

The other, is up the durability of HUEY's when your landing, sometimes when you tap the ground it damaged the Main Rotor and destroys the engine complelely

People must see what are they dealing..... this isn't advertising.. just dont download-it!

It is. Anybody can imagine what hacks are like. This is exactly what I thought. Nothing new. You can't just post such things and boost it's popularity.

You can't stop hacking. It's like an armsrace. Someone builds up, the other one closes some holes, the next one comes up, the holes close... Just look at computer hacks and viruses. There is NO hack proove game out there. DayZ is getting popular that's why it gets exploited and hacked. Yes you can fix some things, but overall there will be always hacks.

It's hard to say, but... Deal with it. I got hacked in a game yesterday. I deal with it too. This is alpha. Security issues must be uncovered and fixed. If this happens in a full game or even beta, than you have every right to complain the hell out of this issue. Now... pointing it is good, but move on. If you don't want to... fine, but don't expect a standalone version to have no hacks at all. That would be naiv.

• Like 1

It is. Anybody can imagine what hacks are like. This is exactly what I thought. Nothing new. You can't just post such things and boost it's popularity.

You can't stop hacking. It's like an armsrace. Someone builds up, the other one closes some holes, the next one comes up, the holes close... Just look at computer hacks and viruses. There is NO hack proove game out there. DayZ is getting popular that's why it gets exploited and hacked. Yes you can fix some things, but overall there will be always hacks.

It's hard to say, but... Deal with it. I got hacked in a game yesterday. I deal with it too. This is alpha. Security issues must be uncovered and fixed. If this happens in a full game or even beta, than you have every right to complain the hell out of this issue. Now... pointing it is good, but move on. If you don't want to... fine, but don't expect a standalone version to have no hacks at all. That would be naiv.

Naive its accept be hacked even in the stand alone and keep playing like nothing happened .... I'v played arma since the release and other mods (ACE/PR/i44..etc)... and isnt common the ammount of hacking now to dont do anything about it.....

Naive its accept be hacked even in the stand alone and keep playing like nothing happened .... I'v played arma since the release and other mods (ACE/PR/i44..etc)... and isnt common the ammount of hacking now to dont do anything about it.....

You realize every single one of those mods, combined, still has only a fraction of the playerbase of DayZ, right?

Hacking increases with popularity.

• Like 1

You have to admit though, when a bunch of them walk out of shed all at once it is pretty amusing.

especially, you got HE grenades armed in your hand :D

need to fix the asshole kids spawning shit and teleporting in servers, They spawned 9 choppers in our server today and only way to stop it is reboot the server because its to hard to see who is doing it

Noooooo

The end of endless ammo :(

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I loved endless ammo :((((((((((((

Side arms are now useless, 3 + shots to kill a zombie if it isn't a head shot.

And now you cant glitch ammo (which isn't bad) but you use ammo so quick on sidearms. You'll be empty after one group of zombies.

You realize every single one of those mods, combined, still has only a fraction of the playerbase of DayZ, right?

Hacking increases with popularity.

Knowing a broken engine, why keep it going on Real Virtuality 3 without do anything about it?

And now you cant glitch ammo (which isn't bad) but you use ammo so quick on sidearms. You'll be empty after one group of zombies.

Then learn to do headshots with G17 5 magz x17 ...tons of kills .

PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE FUCKING HACKERS!

This shit is getting out of hand to the point that its no longer fun to play.

• Like 22

Please just take out that barb wire thing, it's just buggy as hell and only used to troll.

Are you serious? This entire game is about trolling...

• Like 2

LOVE the mod, wont be playing anything else for a long time!

A hundred people already did this so I wont be better, heres my problems with the mod(game) at this point:

Tents: Tents resetting with server restart. We kill team X, team X move to their camp and regear with same setup as before. Also tents doesnt seem to disappear even when nobody saves them, so just more and more tents pop up bogging up the server. Removing tents until fix would be nice.

Cars: We blow up a car, car often despawns but is reset with server restart with all gear intact and repaired in the place where we blew it up. Cars doesnt spawn zombies and loot.

Weapon nerfs: .45 cal should do more damage.

Serverhopping is an issue, should be a time limit for rejoining a server, people getting shot at, repositioning and/or getting help from a friend to bandage on another server then rejoining first server... Alt+F4s i can live with, just lame by people exploiting this.

If you disconnect while bleeding, you should die.

Im ok with people exploiting item duping between characters (not really, but i can live with it), and with weapons/items/backpacks disappearing when dropped, that can be worked around if care is taken.

Removing the respawn button was an awesome idea, until you spawn inside a wall in Novy Sobor, havent spawned outside map since button was removed, but i can imagine that still being an issue(?)

Things i like: Rarity of items such as antibiotics, when one in our crew gets sick we know we have a lot of hours of big city searching ahead of us, adds a kind of quest to the game. Animals are always around, except for when you really need them (also awesome, even though its random and just my sense of things). More of this would be awesome!

Edit: Forgot one thing, getting a broken leg when crawling under a tree or trying to get into a tent...

Edited by LukeDogg
  • Like 16

kid please.....

If you aren't able to headshot zombies I don't think you should play this game anymore.

• Like 19

Serverhopping is an issue, should be a time limit for rejoining a server, people getting shot at, repositioning and/or getting help from a friend to bandage on another server then rejoining first server... Alt+F4s i can live with, just lame by people exploiting this.

If you disconnect while bleeding, you should die.

It's not that easy. There are too many reasons why you could lose the connection to your server (Mainly bugs, crappy internet connection client side, server restarts or server losing hive connection etc..).

Its very hard to find those players who want to save theirselves out of dangerous situations or who wants to ghost etc.

• Like 6

Serverhopping needs fixing :

Here is a suggestion for a fix / workaround that can be "TESTED".

Create more spawn points around all the map edges not just the Spawns that already exist.

Bob is playing on Server A he quits server A then rejoins Server A he spawns in at same location.

If Bob is playing on Server A then quits to join Server B he does not spawn at same location but spawns at one of the NEW spawn points.

If bob is bleeding when he quits Server A he continues to bleed offline or just dies.

re-spawned players / killed players or new players Still spawn at the original spawn locations NOT the new ones.

• Like 6

* [NEW] Additional optimizations to login process (further use of publicVariableClient to reduce network transmission)

• Like 14

So no longer 5 mins of joining a server? Yay if it works :-)

With fixing of artifact glitches and ammo exploit, it would be great...pitty duping cant be sorted that easily too.

• Like 3