Teldrius

Worst Game Experience ever

Zombies are soooo easy to loose, i dont get the issue.

I just ran with 3, ran into a bush and dived on ground, they gone, this works pretty much 100% guaranteed for me XD

That or cut a corner then another and dive on ground.

This is exactly what I do.

yeah gonna wait for a few versions before I give it another shot. Though again, my major grievances are parts of the game that are working as intended, like the broken bones and the super determined zombies, the only one the whole "its in alpha!" excuse works on is the crippling load times. Perhaps they could at least make the zombies lose interest in regular mode, spice it up for the veteran difficulty. You know, not turn players horribly off the game the first time they try it.

This is just how the game is. It's SUPPOSED to be really hard and realistic. Read some guides and watch videos, or just keep trying. I've died about 10 times and I still haven't found a decent primary weapon. It takes a long time to become okay at the game. If you can't put enough time into it, this isn't the game for you.

To all the people saying you can't break your legs in one hit or if you have > than 8k blood you are wrong!

I have played this game for weeks am currently on 14 Days survival and play 2 - 8 hours a day, i was on 12k Blood one hit from a zombie and i had a broken leg at 11.6k Blood, also i had no morphine as i had given it all to my friend the night before so he wouldn't have to worry about getting stranded :)

Best tips for survival?

RUN! Don't slow down zombies can't hit you when running at full speed unless you get to close, if you see a zombie in front of you running at your watch its direction and take Evasive action Zig Zag!

Learn the ins and outs of buildings so that you can get in slow the zombies down and get out... Docks/Piers are also good friends as zombies seem to have the inability to walk on the hardened concrete.

Don't take unnecessary risks, if you think that zombies too close... it probably is and lastly dont try and fight zombies in the open try and find a steep hill, Zig Zag up it and see if the zombie slows down.

Good luck out there.

PS i can appreciate allt he people telling him to go Play COD and such but you can have more than 1 mind set, i play COD as a run n gun madman then come play DayZ and take my sweet ass time :)

• Like 1

To all the people saying you can't break your legs in one hit or if you have > than 8k blood you are wrong!

I have played this game for weeks am currently on 14 Days survival and play 2 - 8 hours a day, i was on 12k Blood one hit from a zombie and i had a broken leg at 11.6k Blood, also i had no morphine as i had given it all to my friend the night before so he wouldn't have to worry about getting stranded :)

Best tips for survival?

RUN! Don't slow down zombies can't hit you when running at full speed unless you get to close, if you see a zombie in front of you running at your watch its direction and take Evasive action Zig Zag!

Learn the ins and outs of buildings so that you can get in slow the zombies down and get out... Docks/Piers are also good friends as zombies seem to have the inability to walk on the hardened concrete.

Don't take unnecessary risks, if you think that zombies too close... it probably is and lastly dont try and fight zombies in the open try and find a steep hill, Zig Zag up it and see if the zombie slows down.

Good luck out there.

PS i can appreciate allt he people telling him to go Play COD and such but you can have more than 1 mind set, i play COD as a run n gun madman then come play DayZ and take my sweet ass time :)

This. good tips here. and the last sentence.

Edited by aguinn99

yeah gonna wait for a few versions before I give it another shot. Though again, my major grievances are parts of the game that are working as intended, like the broken bones and the super determined zombies, the only one the whole "its in alpha!" excuse works on is the crippling load times. Perhaps they could at least make the zombies lose interest in regular mode, spice it up for the veteran difficulty. You know, not turn players horribly off the game the first time they try it.

Give this video a watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiz9208kRLg&feature=player_embedded

Be sure to use headphones the flaw of this video is the voice over is too quiet but if you can sort out your soundmixer (turn off 3d effects, etc) you can hear him well enough, and it's a quick starter. Especially because it shows you HOW to avoid the infected after you've been spotted.

I love how these posts keep surfacing now that dayZ has become wildely popular.

So many gamers these days are so used to games spoon-feeding them it's very enlightening to see their reactions to something which actually challenges them.

Don't give up OP - there's a steep learning curve and you're at the bottom. Just wait till you've been Pk'd after spending an hour crawling on your belly around a zombie-infested city searching for a can of beans.

In the meantime, read my sig. Says it all, really.

• Like 5

Alot of players buy Arma 2 Combined operations just for this mod,so did I, all the videos on youtube make it look like a good game with lots of fun, most of the videos are from march, I liked this game because of the Side chat and all the shootouts and scavenging..

this game is a fucking joke, zombies are shit, or that they can hear\see you from miles away even if you're crouch running or that they just try to block your enterance into a city\house\w.e, when I bought this game I thought it would be just like in those videos, lots of friendlies, sidechat, so you wont just go for hours and hours going from place to place trying to find guns, I mean wtf is that shit for, you find the best gun, then what?Its more fun to have gunfights\just hang with friends and raid hot spots(with other players) because this survival is complete bullshit, it doesn't the "feel" of real surviving.. and don't tell me its a free mod, I'm saying this just because I saw it in some other thread "Arma 2 sales has rised of about 300% because of DayZ"

so stop with this fucking bullshit of saying this mod is free, most players who bought this game, bought it just to play DayZ, and again as I said in another thread, saying "ITS IN THE ALPHA" isn't an exuse for every fucking problem in this mod, I do like this mod even with all its problems.. but now I see that there is going to be this new game called War-Z, All the stuff of DayZ just probally better, And I know most of you will say" THEN GO PLAY IT",I probally will but untill its out I'm stuck with the clusterfuck of buggs in this game War-Z seems like DayZ just fixed and better, it has better engine,bigger map,other guns(I hope) BETTER ZOMBIE AI!!<--- MOST IMPORTANT.

now go ahead and say your "cool story bruh" and "ITS AN ALPHA" or "Go play another game"

Cool story bro.. THIS IS ALPHAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!

Read up on what the term alpha in the game industry means..

You can't expect to be good at "Day Z" after spending less than 10 hours ingame.

You will die alot.!!

Communicate with players when you see them . Yell Friendly. there is a chance that you will be shot. but that is a part of the game.

there is tons of friendly players, and the same amount of asshats.

It takes an average of 1½ hour to get a bigger bagpack decent primary and secondary weapon, lots of food, and tools for your survival.

I will gladly make a guide for you if so.

and zombies is so easy to dodge that you will end up just running into a random city . pulling a horde of Zeds and poof they don't know where you are.

I can make a guide for that aswell.

I have only been playing for 4 days but i know my way around the game now, "safe" zones , popular areas, etc.

Send me a tell if you need a guide.

and give the game some credits

I have played this game for weeks am currently on 14 Days survival and play 2 - 8 hours a day, i was on 12k Blood one hit from a zombie and i had a broken leg at 11.6k Blood, also i had no morphine as i had given it all to my friend the night before so he wouldn't have to worry about getting stranded

As i said EVERY hit from a Zombie adds some + to a fixed Value which starts by zero and ends with 1 (chance to brake your leg with every incoming hit). So if you got hit the night before. it counts. so when you logged in you probably where near the 1.0 mark and the zombie had luck on his chance to brake your leg. the value ONLY resets when you use morphine and gets back to zero. before the last patch which changed the damage value a zombie can inflict to your bones (also the chance of braking your leg when you are at 1.0) the dmg to your bones was ~0,025 (just guessing didnt wright down the numbers as i where checking my private database and observing that dmg.

Edited by asmoO

don't think the hit value is correct... i have been beaten tons of times by zombies. (i only kill zombies with hatchet almost passed 700 zombies killed) and never had a broken limb and never used morphine.

not sure if you understand what noob means in terms of gaming.

chill out. what is it with dayz players and anyone with some sort of issue or difference in the game being incapable of handling their game and saying stuff like, Go back, good bye.

Cause people dont want to hear there crap in these forums.

1. If you have broken a bone and have no morphine, expect to be killed by zombies or players. If this happens, just respawn because if you hit this point you are fucked.

2. Find an in-game map (It's an item) as fast as possible for all players on your squad in addition to a watch and compass if possible. This makes a rendezvous with other players much easier and gives you reference points without having to alt+tab and look at the website map. If you aggro a zombie and have no weapon, run into a building because zombies can only walk in buildings and it makes getting away much easier.

Side Note: It does not take 20 minutes to re-spawn, go back to the lobby when you get the death message and then re-enter the server.

3. Zombies spawning in front of or near players is fairy rare unless you are inside a building and this glitch is being worked on.

Please LOOK UP tips to play a game before playing it, especially in this case. If you don't know what you're doing and don't know some intermediate mechanics of the game system, you are going to get fucked repeatedly in DayZ. Dying is going to happen, and losing good gear still happens because of bugs occasionally. This game is the definition of survival and that's why we play it, you're going to be under a lot of stress and shit happens.

I for one got the game exactly for it's variance from the current "norm" of games. I knew it's gonna be tough and the learning curve would be steep and I think that mindset got me through the first deaths when I knew nothing about the game. I've got mauled up by zombies, gunned down by a bandit while standing at the edge of a town chatting to a friendly fellow survivor and probably many other ways as well. Been playing for a couple of days now and I still get lost now and then even with a map on the other screen but that's probably just my terrible sense of direction :D

zombie should slow down after a while

I just had to comment on this. The way I see it, a zombie wouldn't probably be affected by fatigue as humans do. In the end I think "in reality" a zombie would probably outrun a human assuming the said zombie is actually capable of running :D

On an unrelated note, I find the fact that there's no fatigue in DayZ slightly surprising given the many other "reality factors" in the game.

You died on your first ever life in Day Z, and then you figured you could give the game "another chance"? Sorry but, LOL! I'm not new to ARMA 2 and I realize newbies might find it frustrating at first but if you're that impatient then it's clearly not the game for you, alpha or not.

Funny how EVERY single point he mentioned is actually something that makes this game awesome and uninique. You are clearly a more "mainstream" gamer so i suggest you go back to call of duty or battlefield.

A good example of some QQ: You say there is no friends system and you don't know where they are. Well.. you use voice chat, you look at your sorroundings to see where you are, then you open a map and see where you need to go. You may even need to use roadsigns..The same things applies too all of your friends. Then you all agree on a spot to meet up at.. when you start getting there you have to actually let people know where you are coming from because you never know, it might be some other survivor who will kill you all, or your own friends might accidently shoot you theirself, if you dont let them know where you are coming from.

If you have broken bones then.. well you should always carry morphine. Otherwise you need to ask your friends to come and get you.. just like you would in real life.

I have been waiting for a game like this forever and finally its here !!

The only other game i can think of that has a similar steep learning curve is Eve.. and just like CoD or Battlefield player cannot play DayZ .. WoW players simply cannot play something like Eve.

Im pretty sure if an actualy zombie apocalpyse took place people would most likely shoot you in the face to get food.

Cant wait untill this game goes through Alpha and Beta and gets released.. because damn it deserves to be !

Edited by Vipala
  • Like 1

I for one got the game exactly for it's variance from the current "norm" of games. I knew it's gonna be tough and the learning curve would be steep and I think that mindset got me through the first deaths when I knew nothing about the game. I've got mauled up by zombies, gunned down by a bandit while standing at the edge of a town chatting to a friendly fellow survivor and probably many other ways as well. Been playing for a couple of days now and I still get lost now and then even with a map on the other screen but that's probably just my terrible sense of direction :D

I just had to comment on this. The way I see it, a zombie wouldn't probably be affected by fatigue as humans do. In the end I think "in reality" a zombie would probably outrun a human assuming the said zombie is actually capable of running :D

On an unrelated note, I find the fact that there's no fatigue in DayZ slightly surprising given the many other "reality factors" in the game.

Well there is a form of fatigue, obviously not like in real life, but after running, even crouch running or walking will increase the width of the cross-hairs, making it harder to shoot without aiming in, also even aiming in I've noticed if you are breathing heavily the gun "jumps" very slightly in a random direction, making it harder to go into a gunfight after moving. The best way to notice this is to run for a minute or so, then pull out your binoculars straight away, you will see how erratically it moves, it's because you are out of breath. Personally, as many "reality factors" as there are in the game, I'm glad for the unlimited run, purely because it takes long enough getting round the map without a vehicle as it is, and vehicles are few and far between. (not to mention having to repair them when you find one).

I mean, would you really want to walk around a 225 square km map? I certainly don't, lol.

On your other point I agree, Zed's have one thing on their mind, brains. so when they see some brains, they are going after them. And since there mind is occupied by only one thing, the chances of them getting bored and deciding to leave you alone are somewhat slim to f*** all. my only problem with them is when they glitch hit you, which is pretty depressing, especially when they knock you unconscious because of it.

Oh yeah there is that. I was thinking of fatigue as in being too exhausted not to run anymore, which you obviously realized but yeah :D

You do make a valid point, it's pretty slow as it is to get around especially for a newb like me who keeps taking the scenic route (read; get lost all the time).

The game is difficult for a reason. Adapt or quit, the choice is your's. Everyone dies when they first start, its the facts of life. I've been playing for a week now, and rarely ever die anymore, and when I do it's to a bandit. I can have a gun and a starter kit in a matter of moments after dying so it's not the game man, it's you. I'm just being blunt here, don't rage; I'm just speaking the truth.

I swear, this generation... I'm going to start calling it the participation trophy generation. They all expect that if they try their best they will succeed. Sometimes your best isn't good enough. Sometimes you have to improve. This, my friend, is one of those times. Improve. Keep pushing forward and developing as a survivor. In time it will pay off and you will see how great of a game this really is.

I too would like my money back. I was led to believe there were unicorns in this game from a video I watched.

I can truthfully say I was misled in this aspect and want a refund.

God damn lying online advertisers. And don't you Alpha apologists try and tell me BI and Rocket didn't have anything to do with such videos.

I demand unicorns!

-I expect the status to wear off instead of crippling the gameplay.

-I did google a map -.- take the time to read please, it should still be provided, or at least be able to join with a friend.

-I was being chased..... Didn't have no time to bandage, or are you unable to put two and two together?

-I did run into a building. It didn't help.

-I fail to see how the first zombie I encounter breaking my bone was my fault.

-I bought Minecraft in alpha. It was worth it.

-And yes, the zombie did spawn directly infront of me as I was running. Popped right into my face, so clearly, it wasn't all fixed.

This game is not for you, you can't understand the game play mechanics of it and your mind set is clear better suited to COD or WOW.

No one feels sorry for you, you didn't do any research before getting into this mod, so your lack of enjoyment is your own fault.

I too would like my money back. I was led to believe there were unicorns in this game from a video I watched.

I can truthfully say I was misled in this aspect and want a refund.

God damn lying online advertisers. And don't you Alpha apologists try and tell me BI and Rocket didn't have anything to do with such videos.

I demand unicorns!

Wouldn't you say that unicorns as a mythical creatures would be extremely rare? Even if you haven't seen one doesn't automatically mean there are no unicorns! :ph34r:

Would be a nice "easter egg" to suddenly get impaled by a rampaging unicorn o.O

Or not...

On more serious note: what comes to advertising, as far as I know there hasn't really been any official advertising of DayZ so you can't even blame the game or the team or whatever and you only have either the unofficial advertisers to blame or alternatively yourself for falling for such a thing.

Edited by Solanum

This game requires a certain level of intelligence and a large amount of patience to play. It's supposed to be realistic, which explains why there is no map and no buddy system, seeing as there would be none in an actual zombie apocalypse and you would have to rely completely on your wits and survival skills.

• Like 1

I'm sorry pal,but DayZ it's still being made and it will obviously contain bugs,even when the project of the standalone version is completed. Now,about the zombies. Learn the DayZ map and,if zombies start to chase you,go to either Cherno or Elektro (first you will need to understand the map) and just keep running to buildings until you can find one with a gun. If you start to bleed,hide in a building and bandage yourself. The zombies lose all their speed when inside a building,so he won't run at you (but he will walk slowly after you). And if you don't have patience you won't have fun at this game.

And ignore the douchebags saying "Go back to COD" or "This is an alpha moron".