Teldrius

Worst Game Experience ever

Alot of players buy Arma 2 Combined operations just for this mod,so did I, all the videos on youtube make it look like a good game with lots of fun, most of the videos are from march, I liked this game because of the Side chat and all the shootouts and scavenging..

this game is a fucking joke, zombies are shit, or that they can hear\see you from miles away even if you're crouch running or that they just try to block your enterance into a city\house\w.e, when I bought this game I thought it would be just like in those videos, lots of friendlies, sidechat, so you wont just go for hours and hours going from place to place trying to find guns, I mean wtf is that shit for, you find the best gun, then what?Its more fun to have gunfights\just hang with friends and raid hot spots(with other players) because this survival is complete bullshit, it doesn't the "feel" of real surviving.. and don't tell me its a free mod, I'm saying this just because I saw it in some other thread "Arma 2 sales has rised of about 300% because of DayZ"

so stop with this fucking bullshit of saying this mod is free, most players who bought this game, bought it just to play DayZ, and again as I said in another thread, saying "ITS IN THE ALPHA" isn't an exuse for every fucking problem in this mod, I do like this mod even with all its problems.. but now I see that there is going to be this new game called War-Z, All the stuff of DayZ just probally better, And I know most of you will say" THEN GO PLAY IT",I probally will but untill its out I'm stuck with the clusterfuck of buggs in this game War-Z seems like DayZ just fixed and better, it has better engine,bigger map,other guns(I hope) BETTER ZOMBIE AI!!<--- MOST IMPORTANT.

now go ahead and say your "cool story bruh" and "ITS AN ALPHA" or "Go play another game"

Cool story bro but you need to calm down.

• Like 1

You have to fix your bone

You have to find a map

Try a big building like a barn, infected move slower in them

Maybe lookup some other tips on whatever site you got your map from

But im guessing this game is just not for you cause lots of us thinks its epic, go play something else

-I bought Minecraft in alpha. It was worth it.

Thats fine for Minecraft as it shows it was already in a very well developed state. But still, Alpha means you have to expect bugs and features in general that dont work as intended. If you dont like it, dont play it or wait until a final version is released.

i read so much "i run there, i run here" hope you see the problem yourself. this is not a fucking FPS. have patience and learn or leave. thanks for the tears anyway. remembered me what impact the game industry has on gamers and their behavior.....

I tried sneaking, I tried crouching, been there done that. On the time with the broken bone, I managed to get a weapon and some supplies, only to have my leg broken when I tried to kill that first zombie with ma hatchet.

And for the record, I don't even like CoD.

Okay, after his last post it's clear this guy is just an elaborate troll.

Ignore him and move on. Nothing further to see here folks.

Wow some seriously brutal responses.

I don't think you gave the game a real chance or came into it with unrealistic expectations.

First thing, this is alpha.. said a million times on here.. but it is true.

Second, you may benefit greatly from reading the wiki, watching how to videos on yourtube, and studying the maps online.

http://dayzdb.com/map#3.069.056

http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Lastly, this is a game of patience. Not only for learning how to survive, but every other aspect of it. If you run and gun, the game will end you. If you aren't aware of things or prepared for other things.. the game will end you.

Left 4 Dead is one side of the spectrum, this is on the total other side of it.

It may just not be for you. I'm not going to call you names or take it personally either way.

• Like 4

Heres the extent of my wonderfully entertaining times with this awesome mod:

After of course waiting the excrutiatingly long loading times.....

Game 1: wandered around for awhile, found some sort of fort, hit once by a zombie, broken bone, spent 2 hours crawling around searching for anything to heal it. Broken bone never wore off.

gave up playing after wasting all that time.

Game 2: figuring I'd give the game another chance, tried to play with a friend. As there was no buddy system, it made finding the same game very hard, and as there's no map or anything, we could never locate each other while trying. After looking up a map online I tried to get to said friend, when a zombie spawned right behind me. Said zombie chased me two towns, and across the river to an island. After he hit me once my character began to bleed, till I eventually died.

After waiting the 20 minutes or so it takes to respawn....

Game 3: we found another server, spawned a town away, I tried to run to said friend, zombie literally spawned right in front of my face, proceeded to chase me forever. Again, with no weapon, I began to bleed out after taking one hit. Since I couldn't stop to bandage myself I died slowly.

Long story short, this game is shit, and is definately the worst gameplay experience I have ever had.

Suggestions for improvement? perhaps not have olympic swimming dead bodies, or maybe have them stop chasing you after running for 20 minutes, perhaps have them get distracted by the cows or goats you uselessly ran to. Maybe at the very least give your character a basic punch attack to fend off that first zombie. Make it so the broken bone status wears off instead of wasting 2 hours of your life.

I bought Arma2 specifically for this mod, and I am so bloody disappointed, I was mislead into thinking this game was refined enough to be worth spending money on.

The game certainly has issues and its flaws, like every game. The core game Arma II is pretty solid, give it a shot, you might like it. If not, there are other mods out there that you may like.

a zombie cant one hit break your leg. ive seen the system/database and it just doesnt work this way. possible you broke your leg via a bug (doors,stones whatever) but zombies def. cant break your leg with one hit. read up i edited my last post. oh wait

i read so much "i run there, i run here" hope you see the problem yourself. this is not a fucking FPS. have patience and learn or leave. thanks for the tears anyway. remembered me what impact the game industry has on gamers and their behavior....."i expect it to wear of" y sure... go play hello kitty. realism is the gameplay. so breaking a leg is not crippling the gameplay. and to be honest. a zombie CANT one hit break your leg there is more to that failure

I think you might be trolling but if you arent.

-I expect the status to wear off instead of crippling the gameplay.

DayZ uses an engine which is also a military simulator. So no, the people who play this game dont think that this is crippling, instead they realize that a big priority in this game is to not break a leg, and also to have the supplies to repair it if its damaged. Its survival for a reason.
-I did google a map -.- take the time to read please, it should still be provided, or at least be able to join with a friend.

This is mostly personal preference, but you probably dont know that there are in game maps you can find. Joining with a friend would be nice but its not in the game so no sense complaining about having to use a map for a few minutes.

-I was being chased..... Didn't have no time to bandage, or are you unable to put two and two together?
Yes, understandable way to die for a noob.
-I did run into a building. It didn't help.
You either ran into a hanger, or a very small building. Because zombies can only walk indoors, so they should be easy to evade once they are walking. Also try not sprinting everywhere, try some stealth around zombies.
-I fail to see how the first zombie I encounter breaking my bone was my fault.

Because later you will be shot by a sniper from 500 meters away and it wont be your fault. Everything you encounter in the game is due to choices you made by clicking or pressing on your keyboard. He probably hit you to about 7000 health and then broke your leg.

-I bought Minecraft in alpha. It was worth it.

Cool

-And yes, the zombie did spawn directly infront of me as I was running. Popped right into my face, so clearly, it wasn't all fixed.

This is called a spawn point. You shouldnt be suprised when it happens its called a computer game not real life. Edited by rasputina
  • Like 6

Thats fine for Minecraft as it shows it was already in a very well developed state. But still, Alpha means you have to expect bugs and features in general that dont work as intended. If you dont like it, dont play it or wait until a final version is released.

yeah gonna wait for a few versions before I give it another shot. Though again, my major grievances are parts of the game that are working as intended, like the broken bones and the super determined zombies, the only one the whole "its in alpha!" excuse works on is the crippling load times. Perhaps they could at least make the zombies lose interest in regular mode, spice it up for the veteran difficulty. You know, not turn players horribly off the game the first time they try it.

I lol'd...hard...

Maybe go back to COD and camp and magically heal O.o

kthxbai o/

a zombie cant one hit break your leg. ive seen the system/database and it just doesnt work this way. possible you broke your leg via a bug (doors,stones whatever) but zombies def. cant break your leg with one hit. read up i edited my last post. oh wait

Totally happened. I also broke it once when I tried to get down a ladder but the game wouldn't give me the option to do so. I decided to instead hop the 3 meters or so to the ground. This was a mistake. I haven't tried to jump off again since the patch so I don't know if that's changed or not.

okay, okay, I'll be good cop...

Before you learn to lose chasing zombies, I suggest you learn to avoid zombies first. Look to the right side of screen and notice those ear and eye icons. The faster you run, the taller you walk, the easier it is for zombies to see and hear you. First thing you want to so is to toggle crouch, runing crouched will keep you moving around at a decent pace, but will make you harder to detect. Secondly you want to press shift(2xshift to toggle) to walking whenever you see or hear zombies.

Don't run of roads/concrete, you're loud and very visible. If you have to corss a road near zombies, crouch/walk/crawl.

If you need to pas close to zombies, hit the dirt.

Also pick up empty cans/whiskey bottles, press F to change weapon mode and hold left mouse down to throw and distract zombies with the sound of a smashing bottle/clunking can.

Lesson #2: How to cope with other players(assholes) in DayZ.

(but lets save that for another day)

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 1

Game 1: wandered around for awhile, found some sort of fort, hit once by a zombie, broken bone, spent 2 hours crawling around searching for anything to heal it. Broken bone never wore off.

Game 2: figuring I'd give the game another chance, tried to play with a friend. As there was no buddy system, it made finding the same game very hard, and as there's no map or anything, we could never locate each other while trying. After looking up a map online I tried to get to said friend, when a zombie spawned right behind me. Said zombie chased me two towns, and across the river to an island. After he hit me once my character began to bleed, till I eventually died.

Game 3: we found another server, spawned a town away, I tried to run to said friend, zombie literally spawned right in front of my face, proceeded to chase me forever. Again, with no weapon, I began to bleed out after taking one hit. Since I couldn't stop to bandage myself I died slowly.

Long story short, this game is shit, and is definately the worst gameplay experience I have ever had.

Suggestions for improvement? perhaps not have olympic swimming dead bodies, or maybe have them stop chasing you after running for 20 minutes, perhaps have them get distracted by the cows or goats you uselessly ran to. Maybe at the very least give your character a basic punch attack to fend off that first zombie. Make it so the broken bone status wears off instead of wasting 2 hours of your life.

I bought Arma2 specifically for this mod, and I am so bloody disappointed, I was mislead into thinking this game was refined enough to be worth spending money on.

As I tell everyone I introduce to this game, the learning curve is steep... really steep. Expect to rack up 4 hours of play time before you start to actually learn ALL of the basics. Multiply that by three before you start to become familiar enough with the map and your surroundings that you're able to meet up with your friends.

Seriously, this mod is not 'shit'. In fact, the more I/many others play it (easily 80 hours plus so far), the more I/we love it, and I am still finding building types I can enter and things I simply didn't know.

Your post is more of an attack on your own patience and/or stupidity, and I'm afraid that's how it will be viewed by the majority of people reading it.

• Like 1

Alot of players buy Arma 2 Combined operations just for this mod,so did I, all the videos on youtube make it look like a good game with lots of fun, most of the videos are from march, I liked this game because of the Side chat and all the shootouts and scavenging..

LOL. maybe you should check more places than just youtube for information on a game

Youtube is an entertainment outlet where you only get views with entertaining videos that people search for. Im postiive you didnt search for videos of Dayz Glitches, Dayz Bugs, or something like that.

There are thousands upon thousands of threads in the forum reporting past and previous bugs. Face it dude you bought a game for a mod, didnt do you research on wether it was the next WoW or not.

Edited by rasputina

zombies spawn in towns or near buildings only.

Stay the fuck away from any of these if you are UNABLE TO SNEAK.

If you run around making noises WHAT THE F DO YOU EXPECT???

Wow I usually stay out of conversations like this but wow, I remember the days of ultima online where everything could and would happen. God forbid this baddie earns something in a game and isnt spoon fed like a baby motorboating a tit. Anyways thanks for the laugh.

• Like 1

Wow some seriously brutal responses.

I don't think you gave the game a real chance or came into it with unrealistic expectations.

First thing, this is alpha.. said a million times on here.. but it is true.

Second, you may benefit greatly from reading the wiki, watching how to videos on yourtube, and studying the maps online.

http://dayzdb.com/map#3.069.056

http://www.dayzwiki....title=Main_Page

Lastly, this is a game of patience. Not only for learning how to survive, but every other aspect of it. If you run and gun, the game will end you. If you aren't aware of things or prepared for other things.. the game will end you.

Left 4 Dead is one side of the spectrum, this is on the total other side of it.

It may just not be for you. I'm not going to call you names or take it personally either way.

Maybe, I didn't really like L4D either, not into any of those fast paced shooters, couldn't even get in to Halo.

I liked battlefield way back when, for a time, with the big open maps and the vehicles.

I gave this game a lot of patience man, I spent 2 hours straight crawling through the woods with a broken leg, if that isn't patience, I don't know what is.

Its just, if you spend two hours doing something, most people tend to want something out of that. I didn't have anywhere close to a good time doing that, but I kept going thinking hey maybe one of these shacks will have morphine or something, or perhaps this stupid status will wear off, or maybe even the next zombie I meet will have the decency to give me a quick death.

I really like the idea of the game, just not a huge fan of the execution. or some of the decisions that went in to the design, it is, after all, still a game, and I play them for enjoyment.

Last time I got anywhere near this frustrated was playing Dark Souls. I beat that game though. This one however, I don't feel it's worth the frustration. Not now at least.

The broken mechanic has given me two of my best gaming moments ever... although I get that not having any idea where to find a hospital makes it a lot more sucky. IMO using one of the online maps makes this game 100% better and you should start the game with at least a basic one.

• Like 1

zombies spawn in towns or near buildings only.

Stay the fuck away from any of these if you are UNABLE TO SNEAK.

If you run around making noises WHAT THE F DO YOU EXPECT???

After my two hour crawl through the woods I found zombies didn't notice me so often, next time I tried to scavenge, I did the whole prone and crouch things, sneaky shit. Zombie didn't give a fuck. He charged my snake in the grass ass and wouldn't leave me alone even after I swam out to an island.

Ah well, fan boys like to live in blind ignorance rather than admit flaws.

It's cool though, I didn't expect to get much support on the forums of the game I'm slandering.

This is the new players discussion forum though, so I figured I'd give my first impressions, maybe someone can benefeit from the opinion of your average gamer rather than that of an elitest hardcore.

Edited by Teldrius

After my two hour crawl through the woods I found zombies didn't notice me so often, next time I tried to scavenge, I did the whole prone and crouch things, sneaky shit. Zombie didn't give a fuck. He charged my snake in the grass ass and wouldn't leave me alone even after I swam out to an island.

Ah well, fan boys like to live in blind ignorance rather than admit flaws.

It's cool though, I didn't expect to get much support on the forums of the game I'm slandering.

This is the new players discussion forum though, so I figured I'd give my first impressions, maybe someone can benefeit from the opinion of your average gamer rather than that of an elitest hardcore.

Did you try running through buildings or running around trees in the forest? Because honestly, I struggle to believe you had such issues losing the zombies when the rest of us are always complaining about how easy the zombie survival aspect it.

• Like 1

This is an amazing mod, but not for people who come in expecting CoD.

Also, seriously, I think half of what you said is probably lies. It's so ridiculously easy losing zombies that are chasing you. If you really didn't lose them, it's probably because you ran across wide open fields.

Protip: Forests are your friends.

I def did try running across vast open fields a lot. I attempted the forest but then my guy slowed cause he was going uphill, didn't seem to affect the zombies though. I then figured, hey, maybe I could at least swim faster, so I tried that, didn't end well. Also tried to lose them around a bridge or fences to no avail, the one building I found I tried to hide in, they just opened the door again and gave me a bad time.

That was when I decided to rage quit for the third time. Spent three hours today trying to play with my friend, most of it was spent on loading screens after being randomly kicked, didn't know what that was about but figured, hey, alpha, nbd

We always spawned so far away, we didn't have any way to find or play with each other, nor were there grouping options or anything. I can understand that, since, again, Alpha, just sucked is all.

Edited by Teldrius

Wow I usually stay out of conversations like this but wow, I remember the days of ultima online where everything could and would happen. God forbid this baddie earns something in a game and isnt spoon fed like a baby motorboating a tit. Anyways thanks for the laugh.

ultima online was such a great game :X and damn the RP was solid... maybe i check up another RP server soon... hmm

got me thinking :) thanks

I def did try running across vast open fields a lot. I attempted the forest but then my guy slowed cause he was going uphill, didn't seem to affect the zombies though. I then figured, hey, maybe I could at least swim faster, so I tried that, didn't end well. Also tried to lose them around a bridge or fences to no avail, the one building I found I tried to hide in, they just opened the door again and gave me a bad time.

That was when I decided to rage quit for the third time. Spent three hours today trying to play with my friend, most of it was spent on loading screens after being randomly kicked, didn't know what that was about but figured, hey, alpha, nbd

We always spawned so far away, we didn't have any way to find or play with each other, nor were there grouping options or anything. I can understand that, since, again, Alpha, just sucked is all.

Protip: When running uphill, run sideways.

Also, a grouping system? In a mod focused on immersion? Really now? Do you have a grouping system in real life? If the zombie apocalypse happens tomorrow and you have no means to contact your family, will you be able to simply pop up a menu and 'group up' with your family, instantly knowing where they are without even having any way to talk to them?

Edited by Zoop
  • Like 1