Teldrius

Worst Game Experience ever

Long story short, this game is shit,

Suggestions for improvement? Make it so the broken bone status wears off

I lol'd...hard...

Maybe go back to COD and camp and magically heal

Now this is just unbelievably good.

obviouscodplayerisobvious.

But seriously, COD and DayZ are 2 completely different things, if you can't take the realism and the realistic aspects of this mod then seriously go back to something like COD.

Don't complain about things like "a zombie spawned in my face" when these things are bound to happen in an ALPHA version of this mod.

Also the first sentence starting from "if" rhymed, pretty cool ^^

Edited by Pro

Sounds like the OP decided to play not knowing what he was getting himself into. To the bugs: the game is in alpha, rather than complain, report them to the dev team.

To everything else, get a damn clue. You can look online for help. If you're bleeding, use a bandage instead of waiting to bleed out. If you know there's zombies about, sneak around.

I just think there should be more differences between regular and vet, or even a third difficulty for the noobs, one where broken bone status wears off and zombies give up after awhile, or get distracted by other meat sources like the animals.

Actually in the newest patch, zombies seem to lose interest very fast. It could be a bug, not sure. My friend and I aggroed about 6 of them, then 3 minutes later they started walking off in separate directions, even though we never broke LOS.

you need to play like a rambo, just kill yourselfe till you spawn in elektro, then run to firestation, church,supermarket,restaurant and you done. Forget about zeds they so stupid they cant even hit you while running. its the fastest way.

Uhm that happened to me.... But I haven't the faintest idea how I died, stupid me left my computer for 20 min and was dead when I came back....

Were you laying under power lines?

No I was no way near any kind of "civilization" but I was in a field under a bush, now when I think about it, I was probably killed off by another player.... Will never know :)

I found your problem OP. I noticed you were using a lot of the word "game". You've been misinformed, DayZ is not a game. It's a zombie apocalypse simulator. Sure broken bones might wear off in a game, but not in a simulation. Sure games can have grouping systems that help you meet up and start together, but not in a survival simulation.

Not only is it a simulation, it's also a simulation that is in it's alpha stage, lacking several pre-finished features and contains loads of bugs and glitches.

Somewhere way back when the OP posted Its just, if you spend two hours doing something, most people tend to want something out of that.

No :)

Thats the thing. Maybe you might do 2 hours and get nothing but the experience. Learn something along the way. How the game works, how to get around, learn your surroundings. What distance you can get to the seds without aggroing them, how to get past them, break their los.That what you get.for your 2 hours. Maybe not a gun or some morhine or a shiny can of beans :)

Broken bones are never going to heal without Morph and that is not going to be taken out of the game. Morphine should be the second thing on your list of items to get after a hatchet when you first start out. Dont go anywhere without it..as you have found out crawling for a long time sucks. Fuk..some crazy dude on here crawled from NW field to fucking Berezino. But got his morphine. I have been holed up in the middle of fukbutt nowhere waiting for an hour for a mate to get morph then come and find me in the dark. We learnt the golden rule..morphine above all else.

You stated somewhere else above about walking up a hill and the zed still coming and getting you. When you get to a steep enough hill that you are made to walk..you are golden..zig zag run to the top and you are home free..the zed will walk and you will be long gone. I can run through Cherno or wherever, get my zed train on and then lose every single one by dodging around and into buildings then zig zag up a hill for any remainders. I bet you nearly everywhere that has posted here can. Once you get it sussed it is really not that hard at all.

Take your time and dont go into every life thinking you are going to last forever, practise some tactics with the zeds , once you know how to lose them then you can start actually surviving. Sometimes you can do a lap around 3 or 4 tightly bunched trees and leave the zed heading in one direction while you crouch run off in another.

It'll come man :)

• Like 5

Somewhere way back when the OP posted Its just, if you spend two hours doing something, most people tend to want something out of that.

No :)

Thats the thing. Maybe you might do 2 hours and get nothing but the experience. Learn something along the way. How the game works, how to get around, learn your surroundings. What distance you can get to the seds without aggroing them, how to get past them, break their los.That what you get.for your 2 hours. Maybe not a gun or some morhine or a shiny can of beans :)

Broken bones are never going to heal without Morph and that is not going to be taken out of the game. Morphine should be the second thing on your list of items to get after a hatchet when you first start out. Dont go anywhere without it..as you have found out crawling for a long time sucks. Fuk..some crazy dude on here crawled from NW field to fucking Berezino. But got his morphine. I have been holed up in the middle of fukbutt nowhere waiting for an hour for a mate to get morph then come and find me in the dark. We learnt the golden rule..morphine above all else.

You stated somewhere else above about walking up a hill and the zed still coming and getting you. When you get to a steep enough hill that you are made to walk..you are golden..zig zag run to the top and you are home free..the zed will walk and you will be long gone. I can run through Cherno or wherever, get my zed train on and then lose every single one by dodging around and into buildings then zig zag up a hill for any remainders. I bet you nearly everywhere that has posted here can. Once you get it sussed it is really not that hard at all.

Take your time and dont go into every life thinking you are going to last forever, practise some tactics with the zeds , once you know how to lose them then you can start actually surviving. Sometimes you can do a lap around 3 or 4 tightly bunched trees and leave the zed heading in one direction while you crouch run off in another.

It'll come man :)

shut up and take my beans!
  • Like 1

shut up and take my beans!

Consider them eaten and much enjoyed El Barto :D

lol look at you noobs using a dev excuse of its just alpha

hows that bandwagon feel

if its buggy, you dont go public. its as simple as that.

dayz blows

Edited by jjkjwo
  • Like 1

Jjk, I'm blown away and astounded by the breadth and depth of your vocabulary and general mode of self expression. Your argument is air tight, with the premise, day z blowing, also serving as a conclusion you save time on wasteful thought and useless careful consideration. However, I must contest your conclusion and rebut it with the fact that you, in fact, blow.

Your statement alone does more than enough to bely the loneliness of your final brain cell; and as it takes its final fatal breath, I hope you forgive Day Z for being a bit too difficult and rough around the edges for you.

Please, please, I beseech you... consider a career in video game review... or maybe even political punditry, you'd be excellent at either.

Edited by WisdomSnork
  • Like 1

Long loading times are because your pc sucks a dick and the lack of a starting map is because it makes the game challenging stop whining and play cod

OP obviously never played Daggerfall or the first six months of WoW.

I respect that request, but it really isn't in the spirit of Rocket's vision for the mod. Not to mention that'd take time and resources away from making the mod better for those masochists like me that want the game to be difficult. Too many games these days basically keep you alive and happy no matter how bad you are. it's refreshing to see a game that makes the player actually work hard to get better and become a self sufficient survivor.

I suppose, though as a dev you want more players, even on a free mod it means higher chance for donations.

I don't mind the difficulty, I mind the frustration. If a games hard, fine, again I play games like Dark Souls and such, and for all the "Go back to CoD" guys out there, I don't even like the game. I very rarely play any shooters at all -.- I wanted to play this because it looked brutal and fun, a new experience, then when I give it a shot I get lame, frustrating, and unreasonable.

and for the whole realism argument, how does that even make sense? since when does one shot of morphine cure a broken leg, or prevent you from limping?

Edited by Teldrius

I suppose, though as a dev you want more players, even on a free mod it means higher chance for donations.

I don't mind the difficulty, I mind the frustration. If a games hard, fine, again I play games like Dark Souls and such, and for all the "Go back to CoD" guys out there, I don't even like the game. I very rarely play any shooters at all -.- I wanted to play this because it looked brutal and fun, a new experience, then when I give it a shot I get lame, frustrating, and unreasonable.

and for the whole realism argument, how does that even make sense? since when does one shot of morphine cure a broken leg, or prevent you from limping?

The guys throwing around the realism argument are just doing that because they're out of ideas. I mean this is a zombie game... it requires a certain amt of suspension of disbelief.

But the game really isn't that hard. I died yesterday, and today I geared up in Elektrozavodsk in less than an hour. I ran to the grocery store, found a makarov and supplies, then ran to the fire station where I found an M14 AIM, then to the hospital for blood bags.

Easy peasy. Just run, and ignore the zombies and you'll be fine.

I think the problem with these posts (and the flaming that follows) is that people are complaining about the very same things the rest of us experienced, but overcame. We kept at it and persevered, and we enjoy being a part of the testing process. If people don't like it, they can stop playing instead of bitching continuously on the forum. There is a difference between giving feedback that will help the mod improve and mindless moaning about how the devs suck at making games and such. As to jjkjwo...you're an idiot. There is no reasoning with people like you, I've found. People throw around "alpha" because that's exactly what it is. This was developed as a FREE MOD for a full game that is separate. Standalone was not thrown around until after the explosion in popularity. Even if you were right (you're not), there are many people like myself (and I dunno, every fucking person playing) that are happy to be participating in an open alpha/ beta test. If they decided to close it now until it was finished, you and all your whiny ilk would shit your little panties over it. People like you should get banned from the forum and get a global ban on the mod. If you want to play it, you can pay for it when the full game is released.

how do u just heal ur broken bones by just waiting?

this game has a hellish learning curve, deal with it

are you stoops? This is an alpha, how can you expect it's going to be a really good, polished game? People that make topics like this piss me off!

• Like 1

Hey tel, I'm sorry everyone on here is being a jerk to you, unfortunatly most of these kids don't have lives, they show their moral standing by hiding in a bush to pick of the nearest survivor. If you happen to give the game another chance, I would be more than willing to help you out. Forget splinter cell, this is metal gear and splinter. Cell on crack, patience is key and crawling is your best friend, unless your in a big city. Don't give up on the game yet. Trust me I've seen the bugs too they are atrocious with the zombie spawns and basement dwelling middle aged good for nothing's whose whole goal in life is to be "superior" on a computer ga,e rather than kind. PM me ill play with you

I'll donate some gear to get him started too if he needs it.

I call you "Low skilled trash" and "useless noob" sir.I my self had probs at start but i over come them and here i m now captain of 3 members squad, AS50-NVG-RangeF-Guille S.

I would never go cry at forums for things like that.Whinners like u make overall games worst not only DayZ hope u burn in hell.

Edited by GangreeL

Heres the extent of my wonderfully entertaining times with this awesome mod:

After of course waiting the excrutiatingly long loading times.....

Game 1: wandered around for awhile, found some sort of fort, hit once by a zombie, broken bone, spent 2 hours crawling around searching for anything to heal it. Broken bone never wore off.

gave up playing after wasting all that time.

Game 2: figuring I'd give the game another chance, tried to play with a friend. As there was no buddy system, it made finding the same game very hard, and as there's no map or anything, we could never locate each other while trying. After looking up a map online I tried to get to said friend, when a zombie spawned right behind me. Said zombie chased me two towns, and across the river to an island. After he hit me once my character began to bleed, till I eventually died.

After waiting the 20 minutes or so it takes to respawn....

Game 3: we found another server, spawned a town away, I tried to run to said friend, zombie literally spawned right in front of my face, proceeded to chase me forever. Again, with no weapon, I began to bleed out after taking one hit. Since I couldn't stop to bandage myself I died slowly.

Long story short, this game is shit, and is definately the worst gameplay experience I have ever had.

Suggestions for improvement? perhaps not have olympic swimming dead bodies, or maybe have them stop chasing you after running for 20 minutes, perhaps have them get distracted by the cows or goats you uselessly ran to. Maybe at the very least give your character a basic punch attack to fend off that first zombie. Make it so the broken bone status wears off instead of wasting 2 hours of your life.

I bought Arma2 specifically for this mod, and I am so bloody disappointed, I was mislead into thinking this game was refined enough to be worth spending money on.

First time I played I ran around for three hours and never found weapon, died like 20 times. Trust me it gets way better, unless you suck...

• Like 2

Only thing I agree with here would be some solid hand-to-hand combat skills. I'm only about five games in and absolutely dreadful at it. The newbie guide here helped (I'm going to reload the game and crouch through). But the first thing I need to figure out is the best way to bind my MBP keyboard (or PS3 controller) to play the game well. My biggest learning curve is the controls because I'm a console gamer. But so far, the experience, down to the music is pretty damn menacing.