rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

Any intentions of adding a "suicide" option? I get why the respawn-feature was removed (and rightly so) but getting stuck in the wilderness with broken bones can be quite problematic. Maybe make it so you can only suicide if you have a knife/gun. This way people wouldn't be able to suicide right when they spawn to get to the location they want to.

• Like 1

Thanks for this update! I just started 3 days ago and I'll take a smooth playable experience first(less lag/more fps cause of server) than any other issues right now.

Any intentions of adding a "suicide" option? I get why the respawn-feature was removed (and rightly so) but getting stuck in the wilderness with broken bones can be quite problematic. Maybe make it so you can only suicide if you have a knife/gun. This way people wouldn't be able to suicide right when they spawn to get to the location they want to.

That was already covered in this thread. Conclusion by Rocket, it's not needed/too controversial.

FAO Rocket: Please fix/address the duping problem before re-introducing the extra clothing options in this patch

No respawn button, how does that work for when we get stuck etc and legit need a respawn?

* [NEW] Singleplayer mode disabled when DayZ is loaded

Ugh, so i have to fiddle about with settings and what not if I fancy playing normal ArmA2? What is the point of this exactly?

That was already covered in this thread. Conclusion by Rocket, it's not needed/too controversial.

Oh, okay. My bad, I read through the first three pages and when I realized it was 46 pages long I went ._. No way I have the time to read it all and thought even if it was covered it's probably not one of those that are repeated every other post :P

What is the reason to not let players respawn until they reached a place they like to start at?

I do it all the time if I die so I can play with my friends. What is the point when they are in Cherno and I spawn in Solnichny? I would have to walk down all the way, which would consume a lot of time.

This is not fun. Realism okay, but mechanics that prevent fun? Do you really think that this is the best approach?

No matter where you spawn it is easy to die, all you need to do now to respawn is run in to the nearest town/farm and let the zombies eat you for a minute and then you have your new spawn point.

suicide option would cause the ban of the game from some countries

Tell me more about these closed test performance changes, even though they are un-confirmed.

A little bit of an elaboration never hurt a soul! ;)

suicide option would cause the ban of the game from some countries

Can you ban a free downloadable mod?

Was there a problem getting meat of some animals? I can't get meat of goats but can from other animals (can still gut goat but can't take meat).

Was there a problem getting meat of some animals? I can't get meat of goats but can from other animals (can still gut goat but can't take meat).

I'm running lastest beta and dayz and I dont have a problem with gutting animals.. Did try a goat, boar, cow, even managed to snitch a rabbit:D

OK, I understand that you don't want people abusing the repsawn button to get loot and thus, we may not be able to start with our friends via multiple respawns.

For the love of god though, could you please allows to "die" somehow if we've gotten a broken leg; being in the middle of nowhere and having to crawl for 1/2 an hour just to die is going to be frustrating as hell.

I'm running lastest beta and dayz and I dont have a problem with gutting animals.. Did try a goat, boar, cow, even managed to snitch a rabbit:D

Thanks. I'll try again.

Dear Dayz Staff

I am experimenting with adding back the 5 second "alive in world" mechanic that we had before. This should also be there, in addition to the tracking of login/logout.

As long there is rampant hacking going on on servers where all ppl get telportet or killed etc. It would be better to stay away from this option. I always logout when I get teleportet or get stuff in my inventory out of nowhere.

1. First priority should be to remove the hacking. A first step would be Server observing automatic ban tools for server runners, if someone executes stuff which is vs the rules, like spawning weapons teleporting etc. I have the feeling you are not able to do anything serverside vs. the hackers. People are gettimg pissed.

Please don't remain silent about this. I hope for a big announcement. Thanks

dude, that does not include ghillies, you need to read more, he mentioned that its only the naked clothes fix or somthing. L2Read

Actually, you are wrong. Sorry.

A good trick is to click on Rocket's profile and go through his latest posts, this will give you the answers you crave without having to spam this thread asking the same things over and over.

Try it out guys, it works.

English isn't your first language huh? I couldent even decipher what you said. I wasn't talking about pointless responses in forums. I was talking about how anti DC mechanic posters have no real argument.

You can't really get on anyone about English being their first language when you got a few mistakes of your own to look over. Don't call someone else out if you aren't squeaky clean yourself.

The change is being made for PERFORMANCE reasons. Disabling respawn will hopefully increase the overall performance of the mod.

It still shouldn't be changed until SOMETHING BETTER has been added, my point is completely valid.

The only people who benefit from this are the little lone wolfs who want to spend their time running through woods to find a can of beans, Everyones opinion of whats fun in the game is different, and this change only caters for those type of people.

Dear Dayz Staff

As long there is rampant hacking going on on servers where all ppl get telportet or killed etc. It would be better to stay away from this option. I always logout when I get teleportet or get stuff in my inventory out of nowhere.

1. First priority should be to remove the hacking. A first step would be Server observing automatic ban tools for server runners, if someone executes stuff which is vs the rules, like spawning weapons teleporting etc. I have the feeling you are not able to do anything serverside vs. the hackers. People are gettimg pissed.

Please don't remain silent about this. I hope for a big announcement. Thanks

Hmm you make a point sir. I was lucky enough to abort before the entire server i was on got gunned down.

A 5 sec stall before logout with the current hacks would surely cause more QQ, tbh tho alerting hackers that you are making attempts to stop them is never a wise move.

I don't think you can ever really "remove" the hacking... more or less just have a better way of detecting them and banning them quickly.

Again, the mod can do little more to curb hacking. This is an issue that is solved/dealt with through the source in the engine itself, in assistance with BattlEye. In some ways, DayZ is already going beyond what it "should" do as a mod to prevent hacking and that is why it breaks single and multiplayer if you have DayZ activated when you run ArmA2.

• Like 3

Loading is taking a REALLY long time. I don't know if this is a issue only with and my friends but recently since the latest beta patches we've been stuck in the loading screen a lot. I mean, sometimes take us like 5 min to connect(which is a long time, I could connect in seconds in 1.6 I guess), but sometimes I'm stuck for 10+ minutes in the loading screen and the only way out of it is to close the armaoa.exe process. Few days ago I spent 1 hour trying to connect to a server to finally get in one. Same happens to my friends.

I don't know if this has to do with the DayZ or the Hive or the latest beta patches, but its getting frustrating.

Alan,do ElectronicDesire... Tá ficando famoso em rapá? Sabe dizer se vai ter vídeo de DayZ essa semana?

well i dont know if this was already posted...so i will post it anyway ;)

Some "Bugs" that i noticed while playing:

• Desync happend 3 times within 1 hour in a small car (Server using 1.7.2.3/95248)
  • Edit the regularcheck line, after that, sometimes dead zombies want despawn, causes 12/160 Zombies (debug monitor) -> restart fixed it, but it happend again from time to time
  • Also, sometimes new spawned zombies, didnt despawn when you drove far away
  • While driving a car, e.g to a tank station, no items are spawning when you stop in front of it. after we get out of the car and walked away and came back 5 minutes later, items are spawning in this location (i think it is no bug, but...just saying)
  • Player hitboxes are displaced sometimes. (shot a zombie 3 meters left from my buddy, and i SHOT my buddy ;) )

greetz, froud