rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

I am experimenting with adding back the 5 second "alive in world" mechanic that we had before. This should also be there, in addition to the tracking of login/logout.

Sweet.

For those of you that are not able to find a server that has the timezone correct or a server that is on daytime, I present to you your solution: dayzcommander.

full_server_browser.png

Notice the 'any time of the day' drop down menu?

Notice the 'Day/Night' column?

dayzcommander.com

This is great in theory. Unfortunately it's not actually accurate. The displayed times do not always match the server time. I don't know if DC goes by server location or waht but there have been countless times I've logged into a server that displayed as "daytime" in the list only to find out the time when in game is actually night.

DayZ Development - still focusing more on "I'm gonna tell Mommy you disconnected!" issues instead of the important ones like hacking, broken spawning etc.

Time often gets desynced on servers. I remember it being 17:00 at one moment, then server reboot and suddenly it's 21:00 as it was supposed to be according to server description.

Are there any plans in this update or future updates to make Zombies more of a threat?

Increase numbers?

Make them spawn anywhere on the map, in woods etc?

Make Large hordes of zombies appear randomly? 20+

Allow them to move quicker indoors?

LOVE the Mod, but lately i find that Zombies are not causing me any problems at all, which takes some of the 'fun' away from the Mod. I am not just talking about the last build were they were broken.

Thanks

Graeme

Another reason for server hopping is finding a daylight server (I think it's a valid reason), some admins don't put the timezone on the name, and even if they do you have to calculate GMT or UTC + / -, most of the time I just connect randomnly until I find one.

I don't.

Look, no one enjoys running about in the dark but if we all had to then there would be a load of new gameplay being eeked out of the mod.

No one enjoys dying, no oneenjoys losing their gear, no one enjoys falling off buildings or snapping legs or getting sniped but we can all admit that the sum of these things makes DayZ compelling.

Server admins MUST have a day/night cycle to be linked to the HIVE. It is strongly implied therein that the developers intended us to be playing through the night time and not server hop away from it.

Edited by Bacon Surfboard

Time often gets desynced on servers. I remember it being 17:00 at one moment, then server reboot and suddenly it's 21:00 as it was supposed to be according to server description.

This is an Arma2 issue. The time lags behind significantly after a while.

With the respawn button disabled during play does this mean that if we get a bad spawn. There is no way of us being able to respawn so that we can get a nearer spawn to a city or area to our liking?

Some toughts:

Helicopters: they are one of the must funniest vehicles in the game when you do mainly PvP, i do admit that i had great moments with them on the private servers, BUT they disrupt the game on many levels. It's very hard to have a base camp at the moment, or even to save a single vehicle; but with the chop it is basically impossible. I would really like to discuss this before deciding to reintroduce back the helicopters, they doesn't really fit the mod.

L84A2: i hoped for some days they really disappeared forever... but yesterday i found another one at an heli crash. What are we waiting to remove this thing from the game? This is OP, it's like cheating, stop finding excuses on realism and such.. when there's ppl running with hatchet you don't need to literally see trought the trees and foliage having animals and players highlithed in a brilliant white! It's like playing at "shoot at the duck".

• Like 2

Keep the respawn button, I hate having broken bones when I spawn and having to wait ages...

• Like 1

hm.. i hope i won't get punished in future for loggin out due to my kids ;(

until know it didn't happen in a fight and i always stand my man, i like to die, if the other one was better, only hate to die due to bugs or hive lags ;)

but if a future punish will be maybe 10s exposed, a log out because of the kids will be ok.

i could imagine if the punish would be too hard (database ban) there will be fathers which thinks twice about quitting even the childrens are screaming like hell.. this would be mad ;)

sure, i mean, my kids stands over a game, the only solution would be to pull the modem for a timeout ^^

i think this is something what only adults can do, underaged kids will get in troubles for something by his parents ;)

I'd like to question when the alt-f4, or force-quit, information is recorded. I don't want to end up with a bad rep because I was trying to join a friend's server.

For example:

I'm on server A, group of friends are on server B.

I leave server A (normally, using abort)

I join server B, but can't get past the loading screen after clicking "ok" to play - Since 'ESC' doesn't work, and I can't abort, alt-F4 or force-quit become my only option.

I end up doing this maybe 3 or 4 times before giving up, then we all try a different server. (finding a well maintained server that doesn't get hacked often is a pain)

I know that a player's character can show up in-game a bit before the player can actually play. So I guess I'm just wondering when it actually counts as "in-game"?

Also, is it possible to add a counter (like in backpacks-> 12/20) to tents and vehicles to show how much inventory space is left?

Edited by EazyE
  • Like 3

So is the ghillie suit still glitched? or this patch will fix it?

Also, is it possible to add a counter (like in backpacks-> 12/20) to tents and vehicles to show how much inventory space is left?

this already exists..... check your top left corner in gear when you have opened your bag....

Newly spawned players should have a chance to spawn with a condition!. Like allergies, brittle bones, bad hearing, bad sight, etc.

I'd love to see the shitstorm following such an implementation, combined with the lack of a respawn button.

• Like 1

The approach we're taking is to look at a players previous data when they are authenticated. If the server see's clear evidence that a player has been doing things that they are not allowed to do (such as large quantities of ALT+F4, hacked weapons, teleporting, spawning, or anything like that...) then it will either warn the player of their status, or prevent them from being authenticated.

We need to add a new feature to the site that allows the player to review their personal data, so that they can check their Hive reputation, and ask for a manual review where they consider something is in error.

So from what I can make out, your saying the logging system is not only for log-ins and log-outs but to activity on the server as well? (Hacked weapons, teleports, spawnings etc)

You can no longer respawn, as it says in the changelog.

Suicide may be possible with a firearm, I am just checking to see if it will cause me to end up on CNN or some random politician somewhere will end up blaming me for a string of suicides. I'd rather not be sued, be on CNN, or responsible for people killing themselves.

Yes, there would probably be some issues with that, but somewhere along the line people need to understand this is a game, and not real life. I've seen minors playing this game (as so many other games, I've seen 5 year olds play GTA IV) as this game is clearly not intended for children.

People need to start being responsible for them and their children and stop blaming everything on video games.

Each character that is created fills the database, and takes up server load. I would be more inclined to allow you to select a spawn area, rather than die-live-die-live. I haven't considered allowing spawn selections, this type of issue will be dealt with as part of thoughts around group player mechanics and the establishment of factions/groups.

Oh god please don't. The random spawns are part of the fun.

One could spawn, if on a group, at some beacon location inside the groups camp or something, but only limited to once.

Example, I create a new char, I spawn on the beach somwhere. I make my way up to my groups camp, and activate the spawn beacon thingy. Next time I spawn, I will spawn there at camp (like a descendant of my last character). I then would have to activate the beacon again, or else if I died in the new character without activating the beacon, i spawn back at the coast.

Fair enough:

You guy's dun gone broked the tents!

Basically, there is an issue with tent number 1 million + because the ID is being stored wrong by the database.

Fixing it, for this update. Will go on the changelog once confirmed.

All that for a garbled ID issue. Well that's software development. Hope you can get it confirmed before the patch is released.

To the respawn button deletion comments:

This is a realism mod, you and your friend you meet up with need to grow a pair and learn to navigate.

+1

Some toughts:

Helicopters: they are one of the must funniest vehicles in the game when you do mainly PvP, i do admit that i had great moments with them on the private servers, BUT they disrupt the game on many levels. It's very hard to have a base camp at the moment, or even to save a single vehicle; but with the chop it is basically impossible. I would really like to discuss this before deciding to reintroduce back the helicopters, they doesn't really fit the mod.

L84A2: i hoped for some days they really disappeared forever... but yesterday i found another one at an heli crash. What are we waiting to remove this thing from the game? This is OP, it's like cheating, stop finding excuses on realism and such.. when there's ppl running with hatchet you don't need to literally see trought the trees and foliage having animals and players highlithed in a brilliant white! It's like playing at "shoot at the duck".

Helicopters don't fit the mod? How come?

And for the L84, your argument is invalid, as just yesterday i killed a guy when he was using and L84, while at night, with a simple m16.

It's all about tactics, and adapting to the situation. He can see you coming? Flank him then!

Sorry por the long ass post, but arrived late at the party and wanted to share my input on some issues,

Yes please.

EazyE, I have that same question. So we are waitting for answer. ;0

@Edit

We Want Helicopters Back ! PLEASE !

Edited by WavezZ

Well, L84 combined with dupping and server hopping is problematic. Player spots you, DCs, goes to different server, switches location and logs back in behind you.

Ohh, and not to mention aimbots..