rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

My friends server was going down because he didn't have the support to sustain it (the server) and I wanted to relocate my tent to a new server which meant I had to log into one server and back into the other to transfer all of my gear and equipment from one tent to the other in another server. Does this mean I'll have a bad reputation just because I wanted to bring my gear to the new server (I did not use Alt+F4)? I think banning would be a little harsh and Is there any other option on the table other than "banning" players? Hell, just kill the ATL+F4 guys with "well placed shots" and there will be no more of it. I just don't understand why people are complaining about the disconnecting player that got away. I just think the care bears need to learn how to aim.

I know you probably just flung this out there without reading, because if you had read anything pertaining to this particular aspect of the update, you would know that there is no answer.

They are going to start looking at connect and disconnect TRAFFIC patterns. There is NOTHING that will do ANYTHING to anyone. Even those who DC in combat. This is setting up to DETERMINE what to do in the future.

I hope that is clear.

Ahh that makes perfect sense. Radio entertainers are basically well paid trolls. Keep on flaming my friend, buy your books with cash and eat some ants, bye bye(to quote Phil from the File on 104.1 WTKS FM Orlando)

flamming? lulz and call us what you will buddy ole pal. still make more money doing what i do than you do smoking poles on the corner for a few bucks to pay for your "internet". feed me more troll food please

Yeah great work with the new patch, to bad I couldnt enjoy it for a long time at all.

I updated it, played for an hour and went afk for food n' shiz.

Now when I'm trying to play again every server says ''You were kicked out of the game''

Question: Why? And how can this happen on all the servers I tried?

Hi Rocket,

First off, props for getting another update ready to go so quickly (in relative terms) and even more so for creating one of the most enjoyable games I have ever played in my 20 some-odd years of gaming.

I believe you are making an error with the implementation of the prevention for the disconnect problem. The solution you are proposing is over-complicated and will likely lead to further issues down the line. Off the top of my head, the first issue I see here is having to take a piss. DayZ is a game where getting up for any longer than 5 seconds to can lead to 5 hours of running around dodging bullets and picking up stuff. I’m not saying that part of the game isn’t fun, but I don’t want to have to put myself in that position to avoid taking a ‘reputation hit’. If I have to piss, listen to my gf blabber, play for 15 minutes, change the laundry, or any other of Real Life’s responsibilities, it is going to look like I’m disconnecting to avoid death and possibly defame my survivor.

The real solution here is simple: Log timers. 15 seconds to log out will solve: PvE disconnecting and PvP disconnecting. I understand it won’t solve server hopping to farm gear, but let’s face it, that is dangerous in its own right. Anyone that’s been playing this game for a few months knows it’s easier to sit in the NAWF barracks and wait for players to spawn in than to actually switch servers over and over again to get gear. Server hoppers drop good loot.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and consider my opinions. Please consider starting with a very simple solution and working your way toward a more complex one.

Edited by fooferz
  • Like 4

OK you two, time out for your both..No Dayz for you two for one week.

Take your little flame war it to another post. Back on topic please.

lol no way no time out for me! i haven't played dayz for almost a week already i never play during updates. I wait until one of my three servers has updated then i play unfortunately all of them have not updated yet. and the only topic is people are trying to find out excuses or work arounds to the end of alt f4 or respawn. i mock them its fun almost a hobby.

the reputation isnt implemented yet. learn to read. i wish it was implemented so you would get banned.

and the carebears are the players that disappear right in front of your eyes-run away! coward is the word for the alt f4.

i think rocket should make an algorithm that bans anyone who says carebear or fanboy. something wrong with liking this game? liking this game makes me a fanboy? so be it. dont see it as a bad thing, or i would do something else. wanting a fair and level playing field so i can kill you makes me a carebear? then so be it. im a carebear for wanting to kill people. im a fancareboybear, yet not a person yould care to walk past in a dark alley. makes sense to me. anyway, its not about the aiming, nancy.

sivart...you're gonna lose all of your sanity if you keep trying to reason with the 75+ pages of nonsense here ;)

Hi Rocket,

First off, props for getting another update ready to go so quickly (in relative terms) and even more so for creating one of the most enjoyable games I have ever played in my 20 some-odd years of gaming.

I believe you are making an error with the implementation of the prevention for the disconnect problem. The solution you are proposing is over-complicated and will likely lead to further issues down the line. Off the top of my head, the first issue I see here is having to take a piss. DayZ is a game where getting up for any longer than 5 seconds to can lead to 5 hours of running around dodging bullets and picking up stuff. I’m not saying that part of the game isn’t fun, but I don’t want to have to put myself in that position to avoid taking a ‘reputation hit’. If I have to piss, listen to my gf blabber, play for 15 minutes, change the laundry, or any other of Real Life’s responsibilities, it is going to look like I’m disconnecting to avoid death and possibly defame my survivor.

The real solution here is simple: Log timers. 15 seconds to log out will solve: PvE disconnecting and PvP disconnecting. I understand it won’t solve server hopping to farm gear, but let’s face it, that is dangerous in its own right. Anyone that’s been playing this game for a few months knows it’s easier to sit in the NAWF barracks and wait for players to spawn in than to actually switch servers over and over again to get gear. Server hoppers drop good loot.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and consider my opinions. Please consider starting with a very simple solution and working your way toward a more complex one.

Thank you for taking the time to not read a damn thing and posting the same stupid crap that has been posted a million times over...I'm sure Rocket can't wait to read your original thoughts... :rolleyes:

Not a fan boy, chief. and bugs will happen in alpha you can't just fix things "immediatley!!!" do you even know what programing script looks like? do you know how long it takes to edit it or how it may effect other scripts and cause other bugs? bugs will happen and there is no need to have an immediate fix for anything play the game find a bug report it and keep playing. if it were beta and you paid for the game then i could see having to state the problem with an "ERRRMAGEERRRD BUGS FIX IT IMEDIATLEY!!!! HERP A DERP" go play in the street kid

I was pointing out game breaking bugs. I'm not a rage guy that wants in it fixed in a day. But it should be fixed very soon...

• Like 1

Not a fan boy, chief. and bugs will happen in alpha you can't just fix things "immediatley!!!" do you even know what programing script looks like? do you know how long it takes to edit it or how it may effect other scripts and cause other bugs? bugs will happen and there is no need to have an immediate fix for anything play the game find a bug report it and keep playing. if it were beta and you paid for the game then i could see having to state the problem with an "ERRRMAGEERRRD BUGS FIX IT IMEDIATLEY!!!! HERP A DERP" go play in the street kid

I was pointing out game breaking bugs. I'm not a rage guy that wants in it fixed in a day. But it should be fixed very soon...

Ok once again here is an example of another quite good excuse to "log out" lets run down your list of things.

What if you have to pee? dude find a tree and hide i have been playing for almost 2 months never had that problem ever. either you have a small bladder or you are a noob gammer that should know not to drink anything while or before playing so you don't have to go often or even at all.

Your GF blabber? tell her to STFU. i never have that problem with my fiance because either she is playing the game with me or watching me play.

Laundry? priorities bud priorities either you wear dirty underwear and live or you do the laundry then play.

You are making excuses that have no bearing on simply logging out. if you have to piss every hour then you sir have bladder issues. if you log in and out every 10 minutes i am sure your laundry is going to quickly and if your GF is messing with you that much where you have to log out every 5 minutes then spend more time with her and not the game.

• Like 3

sivart...you're gonna lose all of your sanity if you keep trying to reason with the 75+ pages of nonsense here ;)

i know....i know

Ok once again here is an example of another quite good excuse to "log out" lets run down your list of things.

What if you have to pee? dude find a tree and hide i have been playing for almost 2 months never had that problem ever. either you have a small bladder or you are a noob gammer that should know not to drink anything while or before playing so you don't have to go often or even at all.

Your GF blabber? tell her to STFU. i never have that problem with my fiance because either she is playing the game with me or watching me play.

Laundry? priorities bud priorities either you wear dirty underwear and live or you do the laundry then play.

You are making excuses that have no bearing on simply logging out. if you have to piss every hour then you sir have bladder issues. if you log in and out every 10 minutes i am sure your laundry is going to quickly and if your GF is messing with you that much where you have to log out every 5 minutes then spend more time with her and not the game.

lol.. good one.

Damn, so many truth in just a few words..

• Like 1

Maybe slightly off topic and due to the fact I can't find the post anymore, however....

DayZ should remain free, or at least people who have the arma 2 mod version should be allowed to get the game for free, since alot of people (unlike myself) payed 30 dollars just for the mod in it's own.

Sort of like TF2 premium and that minecraft game or whatever.

YAWN

Recently started Day Z and didn't know what to expect as I didn't look into it, after playing it I am really hooked and having so much fun with my friends on TS. You probably dont get this too often but thank you so much for all the effort you've put into Day Z rocket, it really is a damn great mod/game! :)

P.S. I enjoyed running through pitch black for 4 hours with my mate last night and plan on doing it again tonight, YOLO!

the reputation isnt implemented yet. learn to read. i wish it was implemented so you would get banned.

and the carebears are the players that disappear right in front of your eyes-run away! coward is the word for the alt f4.

i think rocket should make an algorithm that bans anyone who says carebear or fanboy. something wrong with liking this game? liking this game makes me a fanboy? so be it. dont see it as a bad thing, or i would do something else. wanting a fair and level playing field so i can kill you makes me a carebear? then so be it. im a carebear for wanting to kill people. im a fancareboybear, yet not a person yould care to walk past in a dark alley. makes sense to me. anyway, its not about the aiming, nancy.

you're an idiot for insulting me, slow down on the insults and "kill" the player and stop complaining about other people disconnecting when It's probably you're aim that let him get away. And I bet you're the one that's disconnecting to get away. Edited by mlewis

I can't believe there's 80 pages of the same thing, over and over..

How about we just wait for the results of the *Data Collection* that *will* be included in the new patch.

Some of you are acting like the patch is already out and you've been banned unfairly..

There will be a ticket system put in place, if that is the case.. you will be able to appeal whatever action is taken.

No one ever said you would be banned.. just that a "cool-down" on rejoining, if you're joining too many, too often *might* be the answer.

It might not even be anything to do with bans or even "cool-down" timers.. why don't we just wait and see what actually gets done.

The whole point of the "collecting information" thing in the patch is so that Rocket can allow for situations *just like the ones you guys are worried about*

I wonder when some of you ever find the time to play the game ffs.. you're constantly in here bitching about stuff. :rolleyes:

• Like 4

Are Camo/Ghillie suits safe to wear!? Will they be in this next update?

Yes, Yes

Are Camo/Ghillie suits safe to wear!? Will they be in this next update?

You really can't read the original post? 1st page? Primera pagina? no?

• Like 1

you're an idiot for insulting me, slow down on the insults and "kill" the player and stop complaining about other people disconnecting when It's probably you're aim that let him get away. And I bet you're the one that's disconnecting to get away.

yeah its me. the 8 ball said so.

my aim doesnt really make it so i hit they guy and while hes bleeding out pulls the plug before he dies then hops to i have no idea what server to die just so i cant get his stuff.

or maybe i see you but have to deal with the 2 zeds that are up my nose and i see you disappear before my eyes because you heard my 2 shots and realized i am there. poof! nice try nancy.

Edited by sivart

i know....i know

Sorry you have no real life obligations and you sit around playing video games all day. When you grow up a little you'll have to learn how to balance your life or you'll end up with a fat ass ugly wife, ugly children, and no money to buy a worthwhile computer to run the next cool game.

• Like 1

i think rocket should make an algorithm that bans anyone who says carebear or fanboy. something wrong with liking this game? liking this game makes me a fanboy? so be it. dont see it as a bad thing, or i would do something else. wanting a fair and level playing field so i can kill you makes me a carebear? then so be it. so i guess im a carebear for wanting to kill people. im a fancareboybear, yet not a person yould care to walk past in a dark alley. makes sense to me. anyway, its not about the aiming, nancy.

I agree with a lot of your posts, but you can't insult one's ability to read when your typing is in such a state. Also, what is it you do in dark alleys that a guy should be afraid of?

With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars (and in dark alleys), men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he’ll never know.

Sorry you have no real life obligations and you sit around playing video games all day. When you grow up a little you'll have to learn how to balance your life or you'll end up with a fat ass ugly wife, ugly children, and no money to buy a worthwhile computer to run the next cool game.

where you get all that from? you get all that because i said "i know"? and im the one that needs to grow up. wow.

I agree with a lot of your posts, but you can't insult one's ability to read when your typing is in such a state. Also, what is it you do in dark alleys that a guy should be afraid of?

With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars (and in dark alleys), men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he’ll never know.

what does typing have to do with anything? i wasnt talking about ability to read, i was talking about choosing not to. dont reach so far, man.