rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

removal of respawn button good idea but may have to make like a "stuck" section as ppl may ie spawn in debug plains ect

and the logout thing i think its a great idea to have a timer if alt f4 like 10 secs in games still but if logged out via menu its instant but you had to of been out of combat for idk 2 mins

Current Changelog (WIP):

* [NEW] Respawn button is disabled during DayZ play

* [NEW] Optimized authentication process on login

* [NEW] Singleplayer mode disabled when DayZ is loaded

* [NEW] DayZ Logo and Version Number appear in game when DayZ is loaded

* [NEW] Hive now tracks login/logout (to assist in analysis for an ALT+F4 solution)

* [FIXED] Infected cannot hear weapon firing (now they actually hear again)

* [FIXED] Clothing no longer spawning (now it spawns as it used too)

* [FIXED] Tents and items with ID's above 1 million don't syncronize (now it should syncronize, players to confirm)

* [NEW] Respawn button is enabled if the player has a fracture

* [FIXED] Players switched to non-player skins (by hackers) sync to database (updates no longer saved for objects non-authorized skins)

* [NEW] Players spawning in debug area or "water world" will spawn on beach on next login (with their gear)

* [NEW] Client will automatically spawn player out of debug and waterworld to last known position

* [NEW] Radar removed from helicopter (UH1H will be added back to vehicle spawns)

Good fixes I guess, but I'm disappointed that the same shit gets broken/"fixed." Been watching this same old song and dance since 1.5 era. (Maybe even longer, back when we still had helis)

So can you guys actually concoct some content rather than breaking/fixing zombies, tents, vehicles, connecting, camo, and loot spawns over and over...and over again.

It'd be charming to see some actual game changing content rather than what's been added since then (Crowbar, Hatchet, Bear Trap, Double Barrel) :rolleyes:

Seriously, bruv, I love the game but have dreaded these patches every time they come out. I'm sitting in a corner now shaking just wondering what's going to be fucked up next.

Inb4 12 year olds scream "ITS AN ALPHA WHARRRRBLGARBBLLL"

Edited by Aesaunic
  • Like 1

removal of respawn button good idea but may have to make like a "stuck" section as ppl may ie spawn in debug plains ect

and the logout thing i think its a great idea to have a timer if alt f4 like 10 secs in games still but if logged out via menu its instant but you had to of been out of combat for idk 2 mins

read the patch notes about the debug plains man...

The longer it takes THE BETTER

It means shit is being TESTED SERIOUSLY

and that means SHIT WILL WORK PROPERLY

CHOPPERS! I TELL YOU! FUCKING.. CHOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPEERRRRSSSS!!!!

aren't we, the ones testing?

read the patch notes about the debug plains man...

i was only using "debug plains" as n example

For the same reason you did mention this possibility in the first place, i guess. So we can look at you and say : wow, look at this pretty cool and clever guy, he can hack the game, he got also a huge penis for sure

If 1 person knows how to. the hackers sure do as well.

I see the list grow, which is awesome. Can't wait to see heli's fly over. The first post gives a Tuesday in the past as a release date though. Kind of thinking it should be 31st of July instead?

Keep up the good work Rocket.

updated to 24th july ;) hehe.. ok ;)

i'll enjoy on tuesday, 31st july

glad to see the choppers back, nice one ;)

I see the list grow, which is awesome. Can't wait to see heli's fly over. The first post gives a Tuesday in the past as a release date though. Kind of thinking it should be 31st of July instead?

Lots of posts with this same thing...can you not understand he was taking the piss moving the date back?

Still, it makes me laugh everytime someone takes it seriously..

Edited by RobCivicCRX

Oh hai Fritz ze Friendly Doctor!

The updated release target date it was a joke. Maybe it will be still released tomorrow but Rocket already said that he didn't wanted to release the hotfix on Friday and the weekend, so maybe we'll only get the hotfix on Monday.

Edited by Numi

How am I supposed to install the update once it arrives? Just download the affected addons and replace them with old ones?

This thread has gotten fat :o but it was entertaining.

How am I supposed to install the update once it arrives? Just download the affected addons and replace them with old ones?

Yup

• Like 1

Rocket,

Could please go have a look on this thread? "THE ONE LINE QUESTION THREAD" --> http://dayzmod.com/f...-rocket-thread/

There are a bunch of crazingly interesting questions waiting for you there.

And for every question posted in this topic, we could just link them to this nice "question thread".

Edited by RastaKoueR

* [FIXED] Tents and items with ID's above 1 million don't syncronize (now it should syncronize, players to confirm)

I'm not sure with this means, does this mean tents will finally keep the items you put in there after a server restart? I just started playing a few weeks ago, and i noticed everytime me and my friends set up tents and put items we find in there, and save them, they still get wiped after every server yet when we go around to the other tents from other people that set them down, their items will always respawn. Will this update fix this, or am i on a completely different bug lol

* [NEW] Radar removed from helicopter (UH1H will be added back to vehicle spawns)

i hope the update isnt for this weekend or im going to spend my entire weekend looking for choppers instead of studying <_<

Edited by A.Jones

NOEZ, i hoped that you guys do the unbelievable and drop the patch in the night. Damnit today has to be a friday. :(

I've been stuck in areas without broken bones that I can't get out of. Without a respawn button I'd need a new cd key or to just slowly die of hunger. People will still respawn by feeding zombies.

I'd like my pistol damage back.

Helicopters still may be overpowered but as long as I find it first I won't complain =). It offers a good "reason to live"