rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

Highly doubt that. People will still hunt for humans. They will just simply fraps each kill or keep score themselves.

True, but a lot of people are still encouraged by a built in score keeper of sorts. It has meaning and is an accomplishment. There are plenty of console games that i've played a lot more than I normally would because of the trophies/achievements in them.

excuses are like assholes everyone has them and they all stink. man up be a dad and spend time with your child they grow up quick. the game isn't more important than being a father.

You have to know that children go to sleep before adults. I have plenty of time to play from 9pm-12am but i do occasionally have to abort out if he wakes up during my game time. Please do not underestimate my parenting skills, and I will not underestimate your social skills.
  • Like 1

True, but a lot of people are still encouraged by a built in score keeper of sorts. It has meaning and is an accomplishment. There are plenty of console games that i've played a lot more than I normally would because of the trophies/achievements in them.

tell me again where the trophy is when you kill X amount of players? they could mark the kills on the wall with their own feces (aka poop) to keep score. it doesn't matter. they kill so they can have that rush that thrill or just to be a pain in the ass. the score has nothing to do with it. there is a section for making suggestions on this forum. making them on posts about updates are not the place to make suggestions in the first place.

Any word on the desync issues being resolved, or even improved?

Things were starting to look really good but have taken a bit of a dive with recent patch(es). I think one more incident like

and i'm going to get murdered.

You have to know that children go to sleep before adults. I have plenty of time to play from 9pm-12am but i do occasionally have to abort out if he wakes up during my game time. Please do not underestimate my parenting skills, and I will not underestimate your social skills.

Yes i have two children of my own. and if it is an "occasional" abort then you have nothing to worry about. your post made it sound like you have to disconnect every five minutes. if you are going to post questions about things specify a time frame. and my social skills are just fine. this whole being in radio for ten years and being an entertainer and public speaker stuff has pretty much prepaired me for being social. thanks for your concern though good luck with the baby.

Bah, stopping hackers needs to be right at the top of the 'to do list'. I'd never seen one up until three or four days ago (well, no confirmed one anyway...there was one suspicious guy last week). But they are over-running the game at the moment, and to be honest I can't see the point in playing when I know there is a strong chance of just being insta-killed. I took the risk tonight, played for an hour then just got randomly transported 50m in the air and then insta-killed before I could abort. And all my friends are reporting the same.

I think I'll just play BF3 until this matter is at least improved. I completely understand this is an alpha and I'm fine with the bugs and problems (no matter how frustrating they are), but when idiots are regularly insta-killing the entire server even I can't work up the effort required.

• Like 1

Honestly idc about anything that is fixed or not fixed in the game until hackers are dealt with, until then the immersive nature and very reason for all the draconian rule sets surrounding server admins and operation is 100% redundant and counter productive to stopping hackers.

I cant even play for a 4h period w/o betting tele killed or ported to some house surrounded by barbed wire to get shot. Its simple rocket, either tell the BE people actually make an anti cheat that require more than one file to be modded to cancel itself out or you will drop their obviously shoddy protection for your gold release.

This is no longer a game nor a simulation for people rocket, its a frustrating pool of death at the hands of redundant little script kiddies that dont even have to be good at what they do to bypass your security.

Hacks need to be taken care of rocket please man I love your game but with this kind of game if its perm death and any fool can hack then there is no point.

There cannot be a timer for logout because of mass duplications.

mass duplications? how would that work. it occurs to me that if there is a log out timer going i cant reconnect till the timer is done and then there would be no chance to dupe anything. the system wouldnt save until it hits 0, so anything ganked from my pack would be gone, and if i get killed i have to respawn with nothing anyway. dont see how there would be mass duping.

ps not trolling, just dont understand

Edited by sivart

Bah, stopping hackers needs to be right at the top of the 'to do list'. I'd never seen one up until three or four days ago (well, no confirmed one anyway...there was one suspicious guy last week). But they are over-running the game at the moment, and to be honest I can't see the point in playing when I know there is a strong chance of just being insta-killed. I took the risk tonight, played for an hour then just got randomly transported 50m in the air and then insta-killed before I could abort. And all my friends are reporting the same.

I think I'll just play BF3 until this matter is at least improved. I completely understand this is an alpha and I'm fine with the bugs and problems (no matter how frustrating they are), but when idiots are regularly insta-killing the entire server even I can't work up the effort required.

This should also be a high priority. My group was attacked yesterday by an invisible guy with a revolver. Perhaps another purge of the dicks that insist on ruining the run of others?

I also wrote this on your facebook page rocket. I am a little concerned about this abort log/reputation(alt+f4 is fine with me). I also noted from previous replies on these forums that there were a few posts about others having the same issue I do.. I have a newborn, when he cries and wants to be fed I HAVE to abort. Hell hath no fury like an angry wife. Just curious are you planning on addressing this real life issue?

As a parent gamer I must say that I know your pain but must warn you that you shouldn't let gaming be that central to your attention. I have taken losses in BF3, lost chunks of saves because I had to run, and have left my DayZ toon in the middle of the NW Airfeild because family is first.

I don't think Rocket is going to punish you for aborting to take care of life, just don't do the alt+f4. Plus we haven't even seen the suggested analysis in action yet, so let's not jump the gun.

tell me again where the trophy is when you kill X amount of players? they could mark the kills on the wall with their own feces (aka poop) to keep score. it doesn't matter. they kill so they can have that rush that thrill or just to be a pain in the ass. the score has nothing to do with it. there is a section for making suggestions on this forum. making them on posts about updates are not the place to make suggestions in the first place.

I'm not suggesting that it's implemented, i'm just stating that competitive people like having statistics or achievements for their accomplishments.

what's with the log in log out situation??? I have to do it a lot of time because the server is laggy. It's not my fault some servers are so shitty. It takes me up to 30 minutes to actually find a server to play on.

My friends server was going down because he didn't have the support to sustain it (the server) and I wanted to relocate my tent to a new server which meant I had to log into one server and back into the other to transfer all of my gear and equipment from one tent to the other in another server. Does this mean I'll have a bad reputation just because I wanted to bring my gear to the new server (I did not use Alt+F4)? I think banning would be a little harsh and Is there any other option on the table other than "banning" players? Hell, just kill the ATL+F4 guys with "well placed shots" and there will be no more of it. I just don't understand why people are complaining about the disconnecting player that got away. I just think the care bears need to learn how to aim.

Edited by mlewis

As a parent gamer I must say that I know your pain but must warn you that you shouldn't let gaming be that central to your attention. I have taken losses in BF3, lost chunks of saves because I had to run, and have left my DayZ toon in the middle of the NW Airfeild because family is first.

I don't think Rocket is going to punish you for aborting to take care of life, just don't do the alt+f4. Plus we haven't even seen the suggested analysis in action yet, so let's not jump the gun.

I for example never do alt+f4 i just press esc and abort and quit as i normally would but i do it a lot of times at the beginning to find a good server with no lag.

My friends server was going down because he didn't have the support to sustain it (the server) and I wanted to relocate my tent to a new server which meant I had to log into one server and back into the other to transfer all of my gear and equipment from one tent to the other in another server. Does this mean I'll have a bad reputation just because I wanted to bring my gear to the new server (I did not use Alt+F4)? I think banning would be a little harsh and Is there any other option on the table other than "banning" players?

I'm sure rocket will have some security checks if you DC and RC without anybody around you, you not bleeding, not in shock or something like that..

Dont worry, your gear will be safe!

I for example never do alt+f4 i just press esc and abort and quit as i normally would but i do it a lot of times at the beginning to find a good server with no lag.

I understand that sometimes we quit servers to find a better one, and I expect that Rocket's solution will be able to identify that. I often switch servers when I am on a laggy server, have an issue with loot not spawning, or when there is something amiss in the description and the reality of the server setup (crosshairs when it says no-crossharis).

Let's just all calm down until we see what happens. I am guessing the abusers of this will stick out like sore thumbs.

Yes i have two children of my own. and if it is an "occasional" abort then you have nothing to worry about. your post made it sound like you have to disconnect every five minutes. if you are going to post questions about things specify a time frame. and my social skills are just fine. this whole being in radio for ten years and being an entertainer and public speaker stuff has pretty much prepaired me for being social. thanks for your concern though good luck with the baby.

Ahh that makes perfect sense. Radio entertainers are basically well paid trolls. Keep on flaming my friend, buy your books with cash and eat some ants, bye bye(to quote Phil from the File on 104.1 WTKS FM Orlando)

Ahh that makes perfect sense. Radio entertainers are basically well paid trolls. Keep on flaming my friend, buy your books with cash and eat some ants, bye bye(to quote Phil from the File on 104.1 WTKS FM Orlando)

OK you two, time out for your both..No Dayz for you two for one week.

Take your little flame war it to another post. Back on topic please.

Edited by Falcon911
  • Like 1

I only read through the first 8 pages - but is there anything being done about the issues that I've had happen a couple of times - such as dying during the log in process... for no apparent reason. As in before the black loading screen even goes away you see "X was killed" and you have to start again...?

This actually happened the other day and I spawned to find myself with all my gear but had respawned on the coast somewhere.

Also - would there be a way to determine some more information about a server before you join it. Actual in-game time (or even just have it say night/day), which parameters are active (Vet, 3DP, CH etc)

Edited by Damen57

"The focus is on the future...not on making the mod good now, but on getting us in a position where we can make an awesome game."

- Rocket

Edited by TyRobot
  • Like 2

My friends server was going down because he didn't have the support to sustain it (the server) and I wanted to relocate my tent to a new server which meant I had to log into one server and back into the other to transfer all of my gear and equipment from one tent to the other in another server. Does this mean I'll have a bad reputation just because I wanted to bring my gear to the new server (I did not use Alt+F4)? I think banning would be a little harsh and Is there any other option on the table other than "banning" players? Hell, just kill the ATL+F4 guys with "well placed shots" and there will be no more of it. I just don't understand why people are complaining about the disconnecting player that got away. I just think the care bears need to learn how to aim.

the reputation isnt implemented yet. learn to read. i wish it was implemented so you would get banned.

and the carebears are the players that disappear right in front of your eyes-run away! coward is the word for the alt f4.

i think rocket should make an algorithm that bans anyone who says carebear or fanboy. something wrong with liking this game? liking this game makes me a fanboy? so be it. dont see it as a bad thing, or i would do something else. wanting a fair and level playing field so i can kill you makes me a carebear? then so be it. so i guess im a carebear for wanting to kill people. im a fancareboybear, yet not a person yould care to walk past in a dark alley. makes sense to me. anyway, its not about the aiming, nancy.

Edited by sivart
  • Like 2