rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

Yah we should cater to people that need to do laundry and change dirty poopy diapers. Seriously? Ohhh fuck off.

Edited by Dirty Rotten Scoundrel

Scoundrel why do you quote me if you dont understand the reason behind the quote?

It was about being rude and making pointless posts. Nobody is saying that rules should be changed because of some peoples single ideas to why it should change.

But everyone should have the right to share the reason to why they. do . or do not like the idea. Its the same as gathering data where all data is indiscriminate and eveyrone adds to the data with there own ways of playing.

If you dont agree with that. Then why are you making use of the freedom of giving opinion on updates yourself in this forum? But just to flame other people with rude behavior.

it was about being rude and judgemental. the same thing you are exibiting right now.

It adds nothing to this thread and the reasons to why changes are good or not.

You guys are the people who dont understand the priviledge of being able to comment about the updates. and having someone answering them too.

Why dont you continue abusing it with this childish behavior. till nobody from the dev team will answer any questions in the forum anymore or give out any info about updates.

Edited by GuitarPants

Make sure you include "fun" in the next patch. It's severly lacking and each and everone of these lame changes takes what fun there was to have. Oh and the guy saying who cares if someones daughter has medical issues. Grow the hell up. It's a game and maybe you prioritize this stuff over everything else in your life but most of us have lives, families, friends and other things to take care of instead of a game.Geez!

You....just...contradicted yourself. If things are more important than dayz than go take care of them and stop worrying about dayz! I agree that his daughter should be more important to him than whether he has to DC or not to keep his character from being killed or getting a bad mark. Thats what I have been saying all along. I have also been saying that while his daughter should be more important to him than dayz, it is not important to ME or the other thousands of gamers that would be affected in a negative manner by rocket taking sympathy on the minority uncommon issues that have NOTHING to do with the overall enjoyment of his game play experience. There are plenty of ways for him to do what he needs to do and not DC.

He said he is developing algorithms.

If your power goes out and his algorithms just happen to be good enough to tell that 8 other players in the area sorrounding your neighborhood, done through IP addresses, also lost DC than you wont get a bad mark. Also if this happens your power will not be restored for some time in some cases. If its just a hiccup and comes back online quickly, its a freak occurence that probably wont happen again for a while, and so therefore, will not get a bad mark. If you are playing dayz in the middle of a lightning storm than well, you should change your keyboard to an all metal design and see if that helps.

Game crashes, happens but again, not so often that it would show as negative marks with a well developed algorithm. If it is happening all the time, you should prob be focussing on fixing the obvious problem you have with your game/computer/OS than playing dayz.

Intermentent signal is also another infrequent, although more frequent than previous, occurance scenario that DCer and server hoppers love to bring up. It happens sometimes sure, but again, if it is happening so often in a short time frame that you get a bad rep on the hive, you need to be on the phone with your ISP NOT playing dayz!

And nuclear attack from Russia? I wont even go there cuz I know you were joking. See? I have a good explanation and solution for all of them folks. Keep em coming. See if you can stump me. This is nearing rediculous levels. The majority of people that are up in arms about this ARE your DCers, server hoppers, KoSers.

haha, I don't server hop and the only time I alt+f4(which I don't, I end the process through ctrl+alt+del) is when I am trying to connect to a server that isn't loading because the game locked up or the server isn't responding. And as long as that isn't going to affect me, then it won't bother me.

But my point still stands and although these are things that happen rarely or not at all...they still happen and it would suck to see players getting banned over something that they could not control. This banning is software controlled too, and software does mess up occasionally.

I think you're trying to go too complicated with the log in/log out and the unfortunate side effect is going to end up punishing innocent players who are simply trying to

A.) Find a server that doesn't have FPS issues.

B.) Find a server that isn't pitch black.

C.) Play as Medic characters.

D.) Find a server that doesn't kick them for ping/kick them for BattleEye initialization issues

E.) Find a server that doesn't have extreme De-Sync issues

F.) Happen to be on a server that is having severe stability issues.

Players that alt-f4 do not connect/reconnect in rapid succession. They Alt-f4 on engagement. Reload the game up and *might* find another server or will wait 10 minutes or more and log back in to the same server.

OK, for the logout timer, instead of the timer taking effect after a player leaves and is doing something else and his body is still in the game for 5 more seconds. Why don't you just do a logout timer which when you click the abort button a timer on your screen pops up and says 10 seconds to logout with you still in the game and the game still running in the background, you can still cancel the timer and any moment to keep playing, and when the timer runs out then you will be allowed to logout of dayz completely. Easy fix don't know why it wasn't done before. But, I'm no programmer so maybe you have tried this and it didn't work.

• Like 2

1. Currently, a lot of servers incorrectly state their timezone, more than accurately state it.

To fix the first issue, would it be possible to add information in the server browser (or even the lobby) that told us the correct time within a server?

^ This right here.

Question related to Disconnect Punishment:

- How is this really applied? Because in a day of DayZ. You find yourself not that much being in active combat against players. Or in any moment where you (as a cheater imo) disconnect when getting shot.

The reason im saying this is. That realisticly i switch servers more then that i get into combat with people because of servers being either laggy buggy or night time or whatever.

Its for this reason that i think a timeout on disconnecting would work way better. dont you agree?

I've been reading posts to see if you replied to something like this Rocket, but I'm not sure.

When you say clothing fixed as it respawns now, awesome! Cant wait, but.... is it "safe" to wear these clothing items?|

Or should we all prepare to swim again in a household?

Can we have a total reset of gear/tents/vehicles when you eliminate the dupe bugs Please ?

You....just...contradicted yourself. If things are more important than dayz than go take care of them and stop worrying about dayz! I agree that his daughter should be more important to him than whether he has to DC or not to keep his character from being killed or getting a bad mark. Thats what I have been saying all along. I have also been saying that while his daughter should be more important to him than dayz, it is not important to ME or the other thousands of gamers that would be affected in a negative manner by rocket taking sympathy on the minority uncommon issues that have NOTHING to do with the overall enjoyment of his game play experience. There are plenty of ways for him to do what he needs to do and not DC.

Trust me man! I don't spend nearly any time on these threads and I only stopped back in with hopes that the game might be gettng improvesments... yet each and everytime I come on to see some changes... I see its for the worst and dissapear for awhile and do my normal "daily" life stuff. So I didn't contradict myself in the slightest. When you have a kid or sick child and you got prioritizes to take care of and a game becomes just a game again to you, you call me! :)

Edited by slasherjpc

the game crashing, your internet dying or the power going out would all trigger an accusation of ALT-F4ing.

there's plenty of games out there that will penalize you in some way for getting disconnected. losing power while playing a video game is never a good thing

* [NEW] Respawn button is disabled during DayZ play

Nice, it was getting really annoying that people just keep respawning until they were close to where they died to either try and revenge kill you or just get their kit back and carry on as normal.

I'm also a fan of not being able to select your spawn, for the same reasons above.

* [NEW] Hive now tracks login/logout (for use with preventing ALT+F4)

Good start to an annoying issue, whilst there are some legitimate reasons for multiple logins/out in a short space of time, at least logging them for now is good.

* [FIXED] Infected cannot hear weapon firing (now they actually hear again)

Cool, it was getting a bit easy to avoid Zs.

* [FIXED] Clothing no longer spawning (now it spawns as it used too)

Yay, I've felt naked for too long.

/2c

Rocket,

Have you had any further thought on some type of radio system like ACRE?

Would be possible to make the changes so ACRE could be used with DAYZ?

I think the communication aspect is one of the most frustrating ones.

Question related to Disconnect Punishment:

- How is this really applied? Because in a day of DayZ. You find yourself not that much being in active combat against players. Or in any moment where you (as a cheater imo) disconnect when getting shot.

The reason im saying this is. That realisticly i switch servers more then that i get into combat with people because of servers being either laggy buggy or night time or whatever.

Its for this reason that i think a timeout on disconnecting would work way better. dont you agree?

Exactly. A perfect solution to Alt+F4 and someone simply server hopping.

My group searches for the correct time zone and lagless servers when we join together and sometimes you have to connect to multiple servers to accomplish finding one that is the time it says it's running, and is not a lag fest of rubber banding all over. And to get Punished for this? That would be a death knell for DayZ.

Also if the Re-spawn is such a problem, either let people select a location to re-spawn (for convince of meeting up with the rest of the group) or implement a CPR function or some such to revive a fallen teammate within 5 minutes that is voided upon disconnect or log out (as in you cannot log out or disconnect while in that state, but have the option to re-spawn if you desire that option). That would allow teams to play together better. It's a game, and if you make it no longer fun for friends to play together, then they'll stop playing, or find a new game, and that is not in the best interest of any company/corp.

• Like 2

Exactly. A perfect solution to Alt+F4 and someone simply server hopping.

My group searches for the correct time zone and lagless servers when we join together and sometimes you have to connect to multiple servers to accomplish finding one that is the time it says it's running, and is not a lag fest of rubber banding all over. And to get Punished for this? That would be a death knell for DayZ.

Also if the Re-spawn is such a problem, either let people select a location to re-spawn (for convince of meeting up with the rest of the group) or implement a CPR function or some such to revive a fallen teammate within 5 minutes that is voided upon disconnect or log out (as in you cannot log out or disconnect while in that state, but have the option to re-spawn if you desire that option). That would allow teams to play together better. It's a game, and if you make it no longer fun for friends to play together, then they'll stop playing, or find a new game, and that is not in the best interest of any company/corp.

You sound like an alt+f4 crusader.

Rocket really does have to correct outlook with his project! it enables him to take criticism and even put up with the few that feel like they are entitled to something, even though rocket has already given them something great for free.

Disregard this. I found most answer by about page 15.

Edited by ODoyleRulez

You sound like an alt+f4 crusader.

lol

just like with many of these updates, people are gonna have to learn to play different

people also need to wait to see what it's all about before raging about it

Login is only recorded when your client broadcasts a "success" message to the central server.

Logout is only recorded when you use the "Abort" menu item.

On a server crash - you will have no "logout" so your login will be ignored.

On ALT-F4 - you will receive a "disconnect" entry, affecting your reputation.

On a client crash - you will receive a "disconnect" entry, affecting your reputation (over a period of time). You can use RPT files to ask for a manual review.

I didn't see this before posting my previous reply. This actually sounds a little better. I am guessing then that normal Abort/Log outs (as would be most usually used by players with the issues I listed above) won't affect your reputation. The only concern I still have about it is for those times when you can't get past a loading/waiting for character to create screen and your only option is to end the program (which would result in a "disconnect"), which leads to the question:

At which point is the "success" message broadcast?

Whilst this sounds fantastic, might I point something out, I don't know if you've thought about it but anyway, here we go.

Will there be strict enforcment(even upto server blacklisting if needed) of admins naming their servers correctly(ie. having the timezone/having a correct timezone in its name)?

You get situations when you join a GMT(or any other tz for that matter) server with in-game time of, let's say for example, 10PM, while in actual GMT timezone the time is earlier than that. Or servers simply not having timezone in their name, in which case, you end up joining to see what's the time and if it doesn't suite you, leaving.

If the system is going to be tracking logons and logoffs, then this would be considered server hopping/alf-f4ing when you really aren't doing any of those.